Kelly & Dylan's February Trip 2011

Started by kelly.dylan, February 17, 2011, 09:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelly.dylan

Its taken a while to get round to writing our latest trip report but we had a fantastic trip (again) and a lovely first stay in the Disneyland Hotel.

It was my mums first trip to Disney so we wanted to make sure we made the most of our 3 days. Dylan had been given permission for 3 days off school and we went Wednesday 2nd-Friday 4th February.  The park was nice and quiet and very little queues on any rides, which was great!

Day One-Wednesday 2nd Feb
Dylan and i were both up early as my dad was picking us up and dropping the 3 of us at the station.  Our Train was supposed to leave at 7.52 for Kings Cross but there was an announcement to say it was delayed and would now leave at 8.05.  No problem, we didn't need to check in any time before 9 so at the point i wasnt too worried.  Then there was another announcement that the train was cancelled and the next train to Kings cross wasn't until 8.35 so our best option was to get the train to Finsbury Park and change there. The train was busy when we got on and by the time we were approaching Finsbury Park there was a point i didn't think we would be able to get off there were so many people!! Obviously we did and eventually arrived in Kings Cross just before 9am.  We checked in and sat down for a coffee!!
There were no delays with the train (unlike during the bad weather at christmas) and we boarded around 9.30am. We were in the 1st class carriage on the way there and it was lovely, loads of leg room and very quiet.  I wasn't sure if i was going to get our park tickets on the train or not this time as it was the first time i had booked the train seperate and added the disney express on with Disney-we did, which was great!
We arrived at around 1.30pm and Dylan had his traditional 'we are here' photo outside the park

Dylan showed Nanny the castle

and then we went for a quick ride on Buzz.  Was a 5 minute queue (I love weekdays).

We had a quick go on the tea cups before heading over to Pirates of the Caribbean.

Again no queue and when we came off the ride Captain Jack Sparrow was there to meet us.

We have never seen him in the park so Dylan was quite impressed.  We then headed of to watch Mickey's Winter Wonderland Show.

By now it was 4pm and we decided to go and get a hot drink before the parade at 5pm. We saw Jessie and Mickey at the Cowboy cookout on the way.

We sat in Casey's for a hot drink and normally would find a spot for the parade a good 30 mins before it stars but at 4.45pm Main Street was still empty!!!!  We left at around 4.50pm and found a nice spot opposite the Disney Clothiers and Market House Deli as we knew the parade would be coming up and then back down Main Street.  Mum enjoyed the parade, was nice seeing a different variation but can't wait til its back to normal when we go back in October ;)

After watching the parade we waited for the 5.50pm Showtime Spectacular, I love this show, such a shame this was the last time we will see  :(

The park shut at 6pm during our stay so we headed back to check into our room in the lovely Disneyland Hotel.  We were in room 1110, overlooking the main entrance gates and Salon Mickey.  I don't think Dylan was as impressed with our room here as he was in the Hotel New York (no jumping on the beds saying it's the best hotel this time).  

We had dinner booked for Inventions at 8pm so unpacked and went for a wander around the hotel.  The swimming Pool was closed, which hadn't been mentioned when we booked or when we checked in but wasn't an issue as we would never have got time to swim anyway ;)

We got to Inventions just before 8pm and were seated by the window overlooking the castle which was nice.  I wasn't too impressed with the food but mum and Dylan were happy.  Dylan even more so when the characters came round.

We left Inventions around 9.30pm and went back to our room for an early night, ready for our only full day in the park :D

September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

Aurora

Great start of you report!And lovely picture as last fall! I`m especially curios about the Hotel, what you thought about it. We`ll stay there in october.
Looking forward on reading more.
Aurora

Angel_Ariel

Kelly, we were there at the same time. When we were in the ToT shop on the thursday forum member SwipatronSparks, (who I'd gone to Disney with) pointed you and Dylan out. However I don't post here all that often so thought you might not appreciate some random stranger introducing herself! :) It's a small world after all, indeed!
~*~ Newport Bay ~*~ March 2008
~*~Sequoia Lodge ~*~ January 2009
~*~Santa Fe ~*~ January 2010
~*~Hotel New York ~*~ January 2011
~*~Explorer's Hotel ~*~ October 2011
~*~Newport Bay ~*~ August 2012
~*~Kyriad Hotel ~*~ August 2013
~*~Cheyenne Hotel ~*~ December 2014

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "Angel_Ariel"Kelly, we were there at the same time. When we were in the ToT shop on the thursday forum member SwipatronSparks, (who I'd gone to Disney with) pointed you and Dylan out. However I don't post here all that often so thought you might not appreciate some random stranger introducing herself! :) It's a small world after all, indeed!
Oh you should have said :) it's funny because I would never have realised, I suppose you could talk to people on here and be stood next to them at Disney and be oblivious!! Did you enjoy your holiday? I think we were so lucky it didn't rain (even though it was very cold)
How funny we both went the same time in feb and only a weeks difference in October! Spooky!! x
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

Angel_Ariel

We had a great time thanks! It was very very cold though!! It was Dylan I recognised in the shop as I've seen him lots on your lovely photo's! I'm really looking forward to halloween. I just hope it's slightly warmer!!
~*~ Newport Bay ~*~ March 2008
~*~Sequoia Lodge ~*~ January 2009
~*~Santa Fe ~*~ January 2010
~*~Hotel New York ~*~ January 2011
~*~Explorer's Hotel ~*~ October 2011
~*~Newport Bay ~*~ August 2012
~*~Kyriad Hotel ~*~ August 2013
~*~Cheyenne Hotel ~*~ December 2014

rottie155

I am thoroughly enjoying reading your TR! Getting me all excited for our next trip!
A Little Bit Of Magic, Goes A Long Way

littlemermaid83

Ah Kelly we need a update! :p
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Ah Kelly we need a update! :p
Haha! Seems to be taking ages!!! Will start day 2 maybe even 3 tomorrow :)
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

kelly.dylan

Day Two-Thursday 3rd Feb

Before we left home on Wednesday Dylan had emailed the cast member he met at Halloween to say we were coming over and see if he was working.  He told Dylan that on Thursday he would be 'friends' with Sulley in the Studios so we made plans to go and see him in the afternoon.

As the park was fairly quiet on Wednesday we decided that we wouldn't get up too early for breakfast. We eventually went down just after 8am.

On the way through we saw Mickey Mouse

We had a nice breakfast and eventually got to the park at around 9am.

We had a quick go on Buzz and then a walk round the castle.

As it was still fairly early and not many people in the park we had a quick go on Dumbo

And then over to the carousel (Dylan is at the age where he thinks these are babyish now but i dragged him on  ;) )

We then waited at Adventureland for rope drop as we wanted to go on Big Thunder Mountain.  It was around 9.55am and there were people moaning that they had to wait and how bad it was! Some people are so impatient!
Big thunder Mountain is one of Dylans favourite rides in DLP and one of the few rides i like going on! My mum is a bit of a wimp (like me) but said she would come on with us! Well it was hysterical, Dylan came off and said 'I dont think i have ever heard nanny swear like that before' and mum said that was something she wouldn't be going on again!!! Brilliant!

We had a wander over to Phantom Manor, Dylan only tried this for the first time last halloween as he thought it would be scary! And as it wasnt very busy had a quick ride and a few photos outside  

By now it was around 11am and we decided we would go to Salon Mickey before heading over to the Studios.  We saw a few characters on the way

Can you believe Dylan had his photo taken with Tianna and Naveen!!! The only photo i have of Dylan and a princess is one of him with Cinderella when he was 7!!! For some reason today he wanted their autographs! They were lovely, had a long chat with him and Dylan told them he dressed up as Dr Facilier for Halloween, Tianna told him to stay away from the voodoo!!!

After a nice hot drink and cookie in Salon Mickey we headed over to the Studios

We knew the Sulley meet and greet was on until 1pm so stopped for a few photos on the way

Now for the bit Dylan had been waiting for since we left! We walked over to the Monsters inc Scream Academy & Sulley was there with a fairly long queue but we were going to queue whatever! I told Dylan that there was a chance it might not be him and also that if it was him he may not recognise him! Well, he was fantastic!!! We got to the front of the queue and Sulley started jumping up and down ran over to Dylan and gave him a huge hug!!!! I think Dylan was so overwhelmed and i nearly started blubbing!!!! It was sooooooo sweet, he came and gave me a hug we told him we would be coming to see him again when we go back for Halloween!

Even now i have got a little tear in my eye, he was fantastic, I was amazed that he even recognised Dylan!!

Dylan promptly said when he grows up he is going to work at Disney :ears:

We decided that we would have a look at the wait times in Toy Story Playland as when we went in December the queues were ridiculous and we only got to ride slinky dog!

Dylan had a quick photo with Buzz on the way

There were little wait times on any of the rides and we went on the Toy Soldier Parachute Drop for the first time. Dylan squealed like a girl!!! (and he wants to go on ToT) I thought it was a nice ride, tame enough for me anyway  ;)

We then had a go on Slinky Dog and Dylan noticed the queue for RC Racer was only 10 minutes (this was something i did not want to go on).  We got in the queue and every time the car went up i thought there is no way he was getting me on that thing!! We eventually got near the front and the cast member asked if anyone wanted to go on their own, i asked Dylan and he was keen so being  a terrible mother i pushed him up and said he was going on his own (what a wimp)!!

Dylan absolutely loved it, I was just nervous about him being strapped in properly!!!

We stopped for a few photos around Toy Story Playland

By now it was nearly time for Stars and Cars and we found a spot so we could see both the show and maybe some characters around the back (as usual there were lots of parents, mainly french, pushing thier way through to the front with their children! this really annoys me)

After Stars and Cars we watched Stitch Live, usually one of Dylans favourites but he said he found it a bit boring!

We decided to have a quick go on cars and the flying carpets before catching Cinemagique

I don't know if it was because there was 2 adults in the back and only Dylan in the front or if they have tweaked something on the cars ride but god did we spin!!! Even when the ride had finished we were still spinning round, Dylan thought it was brilliant!!

Today we met forum member SwipatronSparks and her family in the ToT shop, we had a lovely chat and was great to meet someone from the forum!

The park shut at 6pm and we headed off back to the Disneyland hotel to get ready for our 7.30pm reservation at Cafe Mickey :mickey1:

We were seated upstairs by the window (which was quite cold) but we had a lovely meal and plenty of characters came to see us

We had a quick look through the shops in the Village on the way back to the hotel, Dylan bought himself a cute Sulley teddy and lots of presents for friends and family :D

We had enjoyed such a magical day today, Dylan was sad that tomorrow would be our last day :(
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

strawjaw

Love your trip reports - they make me all the more excited about going. =)
Looks like you had an awesome time - I might start looking at going in February myself - everywhere looks so quiet on your photos!!
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]
January 2006 - WDW - Grosvenor Resort, Honeymoon, 14 nights.
March 2010- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 3 nights
March 2011 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 4 nights
December 2013 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, 5 nights

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "strawjaw"Love your trip reports - they make me all the more excited about going. =)
Looks like you had an awesome time - I might start looking at going in February myself - everywhere looks so quiet on your photos!!
Ah thank you :thumbs:   February is so quiet, hardly any queues at all! The weather is very cold though, thermals and lots of layers but as long as you go prepared it's fine.  Hopefully it wont be too busy when you go in March, we went in March a couple of years ago and had lovely weather and little crowds so fingers crossed x
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

strawjaw

Thanks, I hope so!  :D
We went at the beginning of March last year, and it wasn't too bad-the weather was really sunny, and cold (apart from our arrival date, when it was really mild), but we're going at the end of March this time, so I hope it isn't going to be too much busier - I can cope with cold and layers though - so if it is too busy this time, we'll definitely look at February next time.  :)

Thanks again for sharing your report.  :thumbs:
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]
January 2006 - WDW - Grosvenor Resort, Honeymoon, 14 nights.
March 2010- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 3 nights
March 2011 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 4 nights
December 2013 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, 5 nights

kelly.dylan

Day Three-Friday 4th Feb

So today was our final day :cry:

We decided to have an 8am breakfast again as the Park hadn't been too busy.  A lovely breakfast again and on the way out today we saw lots of characters

Now, Eeyore was lovely, he called Dylan over for a photo and gave him lots of hugs and it wasn't until we got home that i found out it was forum member Peterpan88 who had recently become a cast member and recognised Dylan from my photos! How amazing was that!! :D/

We headed off back to our room to pack the last bits into our case, mum trying to fit a big mini mouse tea set into her tiny case was amusing!! And when then dropped our bags off and headed for DLP.

We had a quick go on Its a Small World and the Tea cups

Dylan wanted to show Nanny around the Labyrinth next

We then had a quick go on Pinocchio and Snow White (Dylan used to hate the Snow White ride when he was younger) and headed back to Caseys corner as we wanted to see Winnie The Pooh.  There was no sign of Winnie and no queue but the photographer was already there so i told Dylan we should wait as he must be coming soon.  We only waited 5 minutes and out he came and we were first which was good!

We then waited for the All Stars Express, Dylan wanted to see Peter Pan and Wendy, and followed them off the train for a photo and autograph

We then went to warm up with a hot drink in Salon Mickey before heading over to the Studios for an hour or so.  We went on a few rides and Dylan had another photo with Sulley (unfortunately not the same one).

We had dinner booked at Plaza gardens for 4pm, which was lovely and decided that instead of watching the Parade we would do a few rides instead as the park seemed much busier today.  Pirates and Big Thunder Mountain were both walk on which was great!
We had to leave the park at 6pm to collect our bags from the Disney Express counter so got the Railroad train from Frontierland back up to main street

And we were on our way home :cry:

Another amazing Disney Trip, thoroughly enjoyed by all 3 of us! Mum loved her first trip and said she will definately come again and as for us, well our next trip is already booked for Halloween 2011 :thumbs:

Thanks for reading my trip report.  I have a few more photos on facebook if you wanted to have a look...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=75 ... aid=366184

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... =755274571

:mickey2:
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad

Laura678

I love how the characters interact with Dylan! It makes for great pictures!
I love reading your reports! You have so much fun!
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "Laura678"I love how the characters interact with Dylan! It makes for great pictures!
I love reading your reports! You have so much fun!
Ah thanks Laura, we have been so lucky with characters, Dylan loves the interation he gets! I was having a conversation about Disney with him yesterday. The new advert came on, gives me goosebumps everytime i see it, and i asked him if he thought he would ever get bored of Disney? He said 'NOOOOOO, i want to go every year even when i am 100 so i have been more than 100 times' funny boy xx
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
December 2010-Cheyenne
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
May 2013-Kyriad