Duffy the Disney Bear

Started by Malin, January 14, 2011, 11:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

I emailed DLP and asked and they said there is no news about Duffy going anywhere. The reason Chip and Dale and the Tigger and Eeyore were out the other week was due to CM illness.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Handy Andy

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I emailed DLP and asked and they said there is no news about Duffy going anywhere. The reason Chip and Dale and the Tigger and Eeyore were out the other week was due to CM illness.
I'm surprised you received a reply so quickly. I had a reply from them this morning regarding a question I sent them on 21st May.
Magical Wishes
Andy

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Handy Andy"
Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I emailed DLP and asked and they said there is no news about Duffy going anywhere. The reason Chip and Dale and the Tigger and Eeyore were out the other week was due to CM illness.
I'm surprised you received a reply so quickly. I had a reply from them this morning regarding a question I sent them on 21st May.

I emailed them yesterday and received a reply within 15 minutes. I guess it depends what address your e-mailing.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

ewormas

Thank you so much for posting the info from your reply from Disney.  My son was so upset that he might not see Duffy on our next trip.  Youve made my day much happier! Thanks again

esmeralda

Now i finally get the Duffy thing!! :-D I didn't know that he's a kind of build-a-bear thing! Now I'm really looking forward to see what clothes Dlp offers for him. There will be nothing female like princess costumes i guess? Duffy is a guy, right?
I'm sorry for him not having much popularity till now.. I think i will keep him company once a while when i'm there ;-)
Julia

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "ewormas"Thank you so much for posting the info from your reply from Disney.  My son was so upset that he might not see Duffy on our next trip.  Youve made my day much happier! Thanks again

They told me he is on the schedule until 6th July, so not sure if he will be at his usual spot after that. But like I said they have no news that Duffy is leaving and asked me to contact them  nearer my trip so they can check again.

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "esmeralda"Now i finally get the Duffy thing!! :-D I didn't know that he's a kind of build-a-bear thing! Now I'm really looking forward to see what clothes Dlp offers for him. There will be nothing female like princess costumes i guess? Duffy is a guy, right?
I'm sorry for him not having much popularity till now.. I think i will keep him company once a while when i'm there ;-)

He has  girlfriend called Shellie May but you can only find her at Disney Sea in Tokyo.

ilovedisneylandparis

Quote from: "ewormas"Thank you so much for posting the info from your reply from Disney.  My son was so upset that he might not see Duffy on our next trip.  Youve made my day much happier! Thanks again

Me too! Aw I'm so happy he's not scheduled to go anywhere!

kelliejayne

He was there this week :) My son adores him and we have come home with a lot of outfits! haha. He never had much of a queue, poor Duffy

Rain

I have very mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I fell in love with the Disney Bear (as he was once originally known) when I first saw him in WDW in 2000 and always regretted not buying one. On the other, I don't like the idea of him being given prominence as a character in the park, and I don't like his name.
The backstory he has now is really unappealing to me. His original backstory was adorable. For those who aren't familiar -A lonely Mickey sat one night in front of the castle in the Magic Kingdom, with only his teddy bear for company. While he hugged his bear, he wished that he had a friend with him to share the magic of the park. As luck would have it, Tinkerbell saw Mickey and his bear and wanted to help. Tink sprinkled pixie dust over them, bringing the bear to life. Mickey happily hugged his new friend tightly, and when he let go, the imprint of Mickey's face was on his teddy's face, showing their forever bond.  

I really don't understand what was wrong with that story - why change it? :roll:

littlemermaid83

Quote from: "Rain"I have very mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I fell in love with the Disney Bear (as he was once originally known) when I first saw him in WDW in 2000 and always regretted not buying one. On the other, I don't like the idea of him being given prominence as a character in the park, and I don't like his name.
The backstory he has now is really unappealing to me. His original backstory was adorable. For those who aren't familiar -A lonely Mickey sat one night in front of the castle in the Magic Kingdom, with only his teddy bear for company. While he hugged his bear, he wished that he had a friend with him to share the magic of the park. As luck would have it, Tinkerbell saw Mickey and his bear and wanted to help. Tink sprinkled pixie dust over them, bringing the bear to life. Mickey happily hugged his new friend tightly, and when he let go, the imprint of Mickey's face was on his teddy's face, showing their forever bond.  

I really don't understand what was wrong with that story - why change it? :roll:

Awww thats a really sweet story!

petals

Quote from: "Rain"I have very mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, I fell in love with the Disney Bear (as he was once originally known) when I first saw him in WDW in 2000 and always regretted not buying one. On the other, I don't like the idea of him being given prominence as a character in the park, and I don't like his name.

I thought the back story was Mickey was travelling all around the world and Minnie made him the bear to bring with him on his travels or is that just the story for Epcot in WDW?

ilovedisneylandparis

Quote from: "petals"I thought the back story was Mickey was travelling all around the world and Minnie made him the bear to bring with him on his travels or is that just the story for Epcot in WDW?

That's the backstory they go with at DLP too - it's explained on signs in the queue to meet Duffy on Main Street. In that story it never mentions him coming to life which I found weird cos I'd heard the other story too about him coming to life because of Tink. Maybe the other story is only for certain parks or maybe they changed it, I'm not sure! I do prefer the old one about Mickey sitting in front of the castle though, it's far more magical  :oops:

littlemermaid83

According to InsideDLParis Duffy is not returning to the Boarding house for meets until the Halloween Festival.

esmeralda

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"According to InsideDLParis Duffy is not returning to the Boarding house for meets until the Halloween Festival.
Oh!! I'm sorry for him! Poor Duffy :(
Julia