Disney Dance Express (2011)

Started by Festival Disney, January 11, 2011, 09:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davewasbaloo

this joins the Stich Disco and Toon Circus in the bad shows of DLP it seems....
since 2001 (many before that)

Columbiad

I think the dancing is really brillaint - best dancing I've seen at DLRP, and its fantastic to see the characters move more actively (although that must be hell for the folk inside!)

I think it is very fresh and fun and does what it does on the tin. The interaction is also really fun.

It would be nice aswell if each style more accuratly reflected the character dancing, eg perhaps Minnie could do ballet, or Goofy could do somesort of nonsense song.

ed-uk

i think it's good, the dancers put a lot into it. Way better than the Stitch Disco in my opinion.
Ed & David

davewasbaloo

Thank goodness we have the arcades so we can avoid this piece of rubbish. agreed though, the dancers are at least good. It would have felt more appropriate for the Studios.

Martyn

It seems there is no pleasing some people.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Martyn"It seems there is no pleasing some people.

It is about appropriateness of theme. This means we have to sacrifice real theming (like the horse drawn streetcar and main street vehicles). It is a show that could be on the Fantasyland Stage or Videopolis (which can be turned into a dance floor area - it was designed that way). And for the first 40+ years, it was not all about the rubberheads.

The entertianment at DLP is piss poor compared to the hallmark Disney have delivered, and some on these boards lap up this brain dead slop.

gldc

Is this the main parade or the night one? I really hope this isnt the 5pm main one.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

Poppy The Monkey

Its not a parade!

Its a "happening", a little show 3 times in the morning at... 11.15, 12.15 and 13.15 I think...

littlemermaid83

The interaction looks good, but I just don't like the music choices and watching Minnie trying to hip and pop is well quite embarrasing to watch.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Anthony

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"It would have felt more appropriate for the Studios.
Yes, that could have worked, maybe redecorating the old High School Musical moving stage rather than using the train. Main Street has more than enough going on during the day with the vehicles and horse-drawn streetcars (which were all out in full force the past few days, except the Omnibus as usual), it doesn't need such a brash and overpowering piece of entertainment blocking it off three times a day.

It's odd that otherwise the Magical Moments Festival seems to be about small scale entertainments which really respect a specific location and bring it to life (like the Aladdin magic lamp event hopefully will be), creating actual little intimate "moments" around every corner as Disneyland should have, and then... there's this....

ulak

Ehm.. in full video looks this show terribly :(
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

gldc

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Its not a parade!

Its a "happening", a little show 3 times in the morning at... 11.15, 12.15 and 13.15 I think...
Phew!! [-o<  [-o<

That does mean it'll distract a load of people though and I'll get shorter ride queues  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

Scissorsboi

Having watched both shows, this is the better of the two, I can see it being quite popular as it's more entertaining than Stitch was. And it's definately better than Disney Channel Rocks at California Adventure.

As a 'happening', it's not bad, it's pretty short, will take some crowd away from rides and I'd probably watch once or twice. As a show, I'd prefer it to happen on an actual stage, why doesn't the train drive towards Castle Stage and drop the characters/dancers off then the show happens there?
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

15MagicalYears

That's a good idea, since the stage will only be used at night.

Anthony

Quote from: "Scissorsboi"Having watched both shows, this is the better of the two, I can see it being quite popular as it's more entertaining than Stitch was. And it's definately better than Disney Channel Rocks at California Adventure.
Oh yes, and their Disney Dance Crew show, which I was worried this would be too alike.

Quote from: "Scissorsboi"why doesn't the train drive towards Castle Stage and drop the characters/dancers off then the show happens there?
Yes! I'm glad someone agrees, that would make so much sense, wouldn't it? The only problem is that right now the parade route up there is blocked. And when the Pizzeria Bella Notte route reopens, they're moving over to the stage area and repaving all of that...

The lack of redecoration on the train itself is really disappointing. What's WALL-E doing there now?