Disney Dance Express (2011)

Started by Festival Disney, January 11, 2011, 09:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

Very interesting take on the train, some of it seems rather odd, the idea of the Birdie song, well what more can be said  :lol: .  However using Hairspray, now that was something I was not expecting and a rather nice change to be honest, very high tempo and just fun :thumbs: .  However, the costumes of the characters look like something from a 1980's Jane Fonder workout video :lol: .  All in all doesn't look too bad, but will reserve judgement till I see it in person.

Samninetysix

Hmmmmm - I have an idea for a working title - "Spandex Express!" :)

captain rocket

Well now, No new characters and the decoration of the train cobbled together from the last few incarnations! It looks like every expense has been spared! Another DLRP winner!

15MagicalYears

The costumes are just disastrous, tacky on every level. And it's a shame they didn't give the train a complete make-over, it's looking worse each year with the past years decorations still in place. I'm sure the show is fun though.

littlemermaid83

Erm.........I don't like it.  :roll:
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

ulak

Looks funny and very nice! - good change!
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

Elwell2009

From what i have seen its good would like to see it all before i pass full judgement but its different and thank god we can get away from the scrums for autographs that happened everyday  :D

davewasbaloo

OMG - they take the horsedrawn street car and vehicles off for this? The dancers are a nice touch, but more evidence that DLP is becoming more of an expensive Butlins and less of a full family themed entertainment experience I have come to expect. You know it must be bad when even the rubber head fans seem to not like it either.
since 2001 (many before that)

littlemermaid83

What annoys me most is non Disney music in a Disney park. Did they not learn from the Stitch disaster?

My DD will love this, I will suck it up and pretend I like it to for her sake. I really was expecting a bit more. They haven't even really bothered to do anything to the train either.

....and the Chicken song?????????????????
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

aliscrapper

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"What annoys me most is non Disney music in a Disney park. Did they not learn from the Stitch disaster?

My DD will love this, I will suck it up and pretend I like it to for her sake. I really was expecting a bit more. They haven't even really bothered to do anything to the train either.

....and the Chicken song?????????????????

What happened in the Stitch disaster??

Anthony

This is possibly not massively different to some of the slightly tacky entertainments seen at Disney parks around the world for the last 30 years or so. The only difference is that they were an optional experience, in a theatre at the back of the park, not interrupting the whole of Main Street and Central Plaza with no escape.

Once the Castle Stage area has been repaved and the parade route re-opened, why can't it stop there? There's plenty of room to dance now the benches are gone. And we all know the European visitors love to join in and dance.....

Quote from: "aliscrapper"What happened in the Stitch disaster??
Here's a video: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/video/entertai ... nighttime/

alternativerock123

I thought that it seems pretty okay. It's a shame they haven't really changed the colours or style of the train.

But maybe it will be more funny (Chicken song...?) and energising when you actually there.  :)

I also agree with littlemermaid83, I dislike the lack of Disney music. But it's not like there's no Disney songs that don't have beat. (Like in Celebrate! A Dance Party) They should use songs like "I wanna be like you" and "'Everybody wants to be a Cat". Or even the new Princess and the Frog songs.

*Shivers* Hairspray.  :?
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

15MagicalYears

A video of the full show has appeared online;

[youtube:1vbaxizh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX8kvtnTqoo&feature=feedu[/youtube:1vbaxizh]

Festival Disney

I'm sorry, but this is just cringe-worthy... And it is just me, or does Minnie look really stupid doing all those fast modern dance moves?! She should be elegant, not cool! French Minnie's voice gets on my nerves more than English Minnie does, too.  :lol:
Anyone know what the platforms on top of the first and third carriages are for?
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

15MagicalYears

I presume its speakers since there is a live host on-board the train.