Javey74's Disney Trip Report [Nov 3rd - 7th 2010]

Started by Javey74, November 08, 2010, 02:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Javey74

Awwwwwh thank you davewasbaloo and treble for your kind comments..  :oops:  :D

never2old

What can I say Javey, brilliant report! Sounds like you guys had a brilliant day, and you met so many characters!!!

Your pictures are gorgeous. I love them all!! And the last ones, when it's getting dark... They're really magical, truly stunning.

Definitely worth the wait!! :D

-breeno-

It's been ever so long since I've last had a good browse across the forums, so much in fact I thought I completely missed out in your trip report Javey, thankfully for my case however I've managed to pop my head back in just in time :mrgreen:

There's not much else I can say about the report that hasn't already been mentioned.  It does certainly sound like you all had a great time and your pictures really are great stuff.  I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank for you this report too, things are tough over here in the land of shamrocks and I'm getting a bit of the Disney blues, so it's nice that I'm able to revisit my second home in spirit in the form of your report :D

Oh and don't worry Jen/SnowWhite2000, if you look back to my last trip report that I.. erm.. never got finished, I was 15 when it last was updated, I'm 17 next week and still haven't got past day 2!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :oops:
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

traveller

Thank you very much Javey for your report.  It seems that you have a tremendous time and your report is full of feelings for your loving ones.  Thank you also for sharing with us those beautiful pictures, especially those fantastic at the end.  I hope you don't mind, I will copy few of them for my file.  Can't wait for the rest ...
Previous Visits:
March 1990 Disneyland Anaheim (one day visit)
May 1995 Disneyland Paris (one day visit)
June 2007 Hotel Cheyenne
August 2008 Sequoia Lodge
December 2009 Hotel New York
December 2010 Newport Bay Club

dagobert

Thanks for the wonderful trip report! I already thought I missed it. Your pictures are great. What camera do you use?

littlemermaid83

Yay a update!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

15MagicalYears

Your pictures are amaizng, so pretty! Looking foward to reading the rest of your report :D

Javey74

Thank you to everyone commenting on my report, I really appreciate your thoughts..  ;)  :D

In case you are wondering I'm just structuring 'Day 3' now..  :D

As for this...

Quote from: "dagobert"What camera do you use?
It's a FujiFilm S1000fd, briefly it's 10MP, ISO 64-3200, with a 12X Digital/Optical Zoom, with various 'Scene Position Settings', Image Stabalisation and Manual Modes.

Anyone interested in the full spec, it's here >> http://www.dcviews.com/press/Fuji-F1000fd.htm

Javey74

Day 3 – Friday 5th November 2010

Weather>>
Morning: Mild, slightly overcast
Mid/Afternoon: Warm, sunny
Night: Dry, cold with clear skies

Part 3..The Magic Continues...

Well off went my morning wake up call at 7.00am, which spelt another magical day was about to start. Off to the Chuck Wagon again for that all important first meal of the day, something I'm not used to at home as I don't eat breakfasts. But at DLP it's essential to keep your strength up for the days ahead..  ;)  :D

Again we arrived at the park at 8.00am to get those Extra Magic Hours in. Heading down Main Street I decided to take a few more shots of the buildings on the way down, this was done with a run stop start method, if you know what I mean..  :mrgreen:

Again approaching the Castle..  :D

Nice to see the new front lit window, which has had more celebration covers than enough covering it..  :roll:

Passing through the Castle and out into the view of Fantasyland, Jen couldn't resist..  :mrgreen:

Ok, neither could I..  :mrgreen:

We decided to head over to Peter Pan for our first ride and funnily enough once we had finished we were asked if we wanted another spin, we refrained only because of the thought of the need to mix the rides and time..  :mrgreen:

So it was over to Dumbo - The Flying Elephant..  :D

Then back to..

Le Carrousel de Lancelot for that all important first morning relaxing ride..  ;)  :D

On through the Castle up towards Central Plaza now heading towards Discoveryland and sure enough it was straight to Buzz Lightyears Laser Blast for another shoot up, following onto Orbitron for Jen.

Now today was the day we were going to head over to the Studios, but it was still early so after Orbitron we decided to take a stroll around the back of Discoveryland, it's amazing how beautiful the topiary and architecture is around the back of Space Mountain. Take a look>>

Does this title look familiar..  :mrgreen:

It was on the walk around the backside that Vanessa spotted a rat running through the grass into the bushes, then I spotted it coming out of the bushes at the other side. At least I know where Remy lives in the park now..  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Right between these 2 bushes..  :P

Moving on..  :)

Passing...

Coming across WALL-E and Eve..  :D

We even had a chin wag for 5 minutes..  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Anyway looking at the time it was now about 9.30am so we walked out of Discoveryland back up Main Street heading out of the Park and over towards the Studios..  ;)  :D

We arrived at the Studio Gates at 9.45am on through Studio 1. It always gets me in the mood just being in this Studio, I think it's the lights and sound that does it for me. Then exiting onto the famous Walt and Mickey statue..  ;)

We decided to head straight down to..  ;)

The Studio Tram Tour, which we got straight on. I managed to get some more shots of this tour to add to my existing album which you can view from here>> http://public.fotki.com/disneymagic/stu ... page2.html

But just to get you in the mood..  :thumbs:

Then off we went again..  ;)  :D

Again you can view the rest here>> http://public.fotki.com/disneymagic/stu ... page2.html

Now on our last visit Toy Story Playland was still under construction, so this was a zone of newness to us all. Wandering over to meet the tall statue of Buzz said it all..  :o

We had arrived..  :D

As we progressed through the land there were a few more visuals to photograph..  :)

Ouch that hurt..  :shock:  :shock:

Before arriving at Slinky Dog..  ;)  :D  

This I found to be a pretty easy going ride for all ages, the diameter of the ride was large enough not to feel sickly and so not really disorientating, a bit like when you ride the carousel against a kiddies fairground one, very different..  :sick:

We stopped to view RC Racer, though not a ride any of us would go on, since none of use like a shuggy boat motion, it makes us all feel sick, but I can see the appeal of this ride..  :mrgreen:

Moving on to the Parachute Drop, now this one was left to Jen and myself since Vanessa doesn't like heights when it comes down to being in a carriage with your legs dangling..  :mrgreen:

There was quite a queue here but we were prepared to wait in it..  :roll:

Passing the walky talky..  :)

It was then we realised that there were 2 entrances, I was trying to study why some people went through a side gate and just stood and waited while we were stood in a quite lengthy queue. Jen took it upon herself to wander over to the Cast Member while I waiting in the main queue to ask what that entrance was for, since at first I'd come to the conclusion it was for special needs..  :-?

Jen came back and confirmed that it wasn't, it was for people who didn't mind getting separated on this ride. I didn't think Jen would like the idea of that, so we just stayed where we were..  8)

As our queue started to go down we got the jist of this ride and the pattern of times. We eventually got to the front and were moved into the loading area. Then it was time!  As was heading to the outer seat but realised the seatbelt was still fastened and I couldn't release it with the button, so I moved into the middle with Jen on the other end. One of the Cast Members checking your belts asked me to release the outside belt but I couldn't, they fiddled with something at the side of the carriage then it released. This German gentleman ended up next to me who at first I though was English as he spoke to me in very good fluent English, only to shout over to his presumed wife or partner with quite a lengthy German dialogue..  :lol:  :D

Anyway we were off and what a ride it was, I must admit on this ride I got more butterflies off the jolt and bounce at the top after going up than on the way down..  :o

Nice ride, would go on again if the queues hadn't been so long..  :roll:

Well curiosity got the better of us thinking which Character will be next to the Cadillac in the Front Lot, so we tootled back through Studio 1 and sure enough there was Minnie and the queue was just starting to form. Now there was a woman getting her photo with Minnie just before it was Jen's turn, but just as she left, her husband or partner give her the camera, what was about to happen next put the shudders up the security. The gentleman went over to Minnie and lifted her off the ground in a cradle lift, Minnie quickly grabbed for her skirt, luckily she had her bloomers on..  :lol:  :mrgreen:

The security lurched forwards towards Minnie looking at the man but then stopped sudden and just stood looking on, not knowing exactly what to do, I think it was a shock to them, not expecting anything like that at all. He eventually put Minnie down after his photo was took. Well Jen was up next..  ;)

After the photo shoot I noticed a Cast Member at the entrance gate looking on all by herself, so I thought wouldn't it be nice to get a photo of her with Jen, might have just made her day. I think we did..  :D

We then headed off to Toon Studio but just before we arrived there were more characters out and about, starting with Frollo..  :twisted:

Then it was over to the 'The Flying Carpets'..  ;)  :D

We decided to have dinner at 'Restaurant des Stars' at 1.00pm so we reckoned we'd have enough time to go in 'The Art of Animation' but only the boutique, the drawing and colouring studio, not the full run through. We could do that another time..  :)

Time for lunch... Well that restaurant never fails to disappoint for food, we had a really nice time in there and the star of the meal was there to make your stop extra special, yes Remy..  :D/

Heading back to where we last left off in Toon Studio, passing the Scream Machines with a load of noise from a whole bunch of kids, till I screamed at them, making them run off..  :lol:  Only kidding..  :---)

There were 15 mins left for the 'Stars 'n' Cars' parade which was a must see for us as we hadn't seen it before. We headed over towards the Place des Stars Stage which was already full, so I decided to stand a little further back towards the parade route. I managed to get these shots of the cars..  ;)  :D

We still managed to watch the stage part of this parade, not realising just how lucky we were to see it since the conditions were dry, as the next few days evolved it didn't happen, none of the characters got out of their cars at all, even though I spent a whole half hour in front of the stage for a brilliant spot to capture the stage routine. Damn..  :x  What a waste of precious time..  :roll:

Anyway after then parade had finished it was off to the Moteurs... Action! Stunt Show Spectacular, we didn't bother with it on our last visit but decided the time was right to watch it again and I must admit it never fails to disappoint. You can view my new album here>> http://public.fotki.com/disneymagic/wds ... s-action-/

Something new at the end aswell for us, being able to meet the stuntmen before leaving the stadium..  :o

We decided to walk around the back of The Tower of Terror into Toon Studio as Vanessa and Jen wanted to ride 'Cars', there was still quite a queue for Crusher's Coaster..  :)

After 'Cars' there was a showing coming up of 'Animagique', so off we went. Now this is where I pose the first question; Are you or are you not allowed to take photos inside that show as long as you didn't use a flash. I'm sure I read somewhere on this very Forum that the photography had been relaxed. Before the start of the show I shot the signature icon..  ;)

But as the show started I left my camera on with the LCD switched on though obviously dark, a Cast Member came over and asked me to turn my camera off. I only wished I'd switched the LCD off on the camera and used the auto viewfinder instead. Now the rules were clearly read out before the start of the show, which indicated that there was no flash photography allowed, which to me technically means photos can be taken as long as you don't use a flash. Otherwise the announcement should have said, "No photography allowed under any circumstances". So I was a little disappointed with not getting any shots of the show, but far from disappointed with the show itself, it was as spectacular as ever..  =D>

On leaving 'Animagique', Jen wanted one last ride on The Flying Carpets, so it was a sharp right turn..  :mrgreen:

Afterwards we went to have a look at the boutique in Studio 1 where we ended up buying an arm and a leg, well not literally..  :mrgreen:

It was around this time it went a little downhill with things going wrong. First of all Vanessa was short changed at the till which took about 10 minutes to sort out with the Cast Member eventually apologising, only to get out of the boutique and Jen asking to put her trade pins onto her lanyard only for the back on one of the pins to snap off..  :roll:

We decided to go into the boutique in the Front Lot and whilst looking around in there we'd get it exchanged, which was no problem at all. Looks like it was only a slight glitch after all..  8-[

We had the rest of the evening to come, with an invitation all lined up on the night for.. Mickey's Magical Fireworks & Bonfire Spectacular..  :D/  :D/  :D/

:donald: Part 4 To Follow...Mickey's Magical Fireworks & Bonfire Spectacular...

davewasbaloo

Fab photos as usual, really enjoying it. Thanks for taking the time.
since 2001 (many before that)

SnowWhite2000

I can't wait until the second part of day 3 :mrgreen:

Javey74

Continued.......

Part 4.. Nearly Firework time..   :D

Well we decided to head back over to the Disneyland Park as the Studios were closing and the light had turned to darkness, so out of the Studio gates we went..  ;)

Arriving back at the Park entrance once again heading through Town Square, but this time we opted to walk through Liberty Arcade instead of Main Street, taking the left short cut at the bottom through into Frontierland. This wasn't the aim of the game though, you see I like having a wander around Adventureland at night, it's a zone where you have to watch every step and it's also a zone that does not have much lighting, for those who have been will know..  :twisted:

So we all had a wander around Adventure Isle and through the African Village, whilst walking through I managed to take this one and only picture of an Adventureland scene at night on this trip..  :mrgreen:

Goes to show the lack of light when you see just how bright the Castle is in the distance..  :shock:  :o

Then it was off to The Pirates of the Caribbean, you could tell it had had a refub, it was all operational inside aswell as being spick and span. Another favourite ride for all of us this one, gets you right into the pirate mood... Yo ho, yo ho a pirates life for me... Yo ho, Yo ho..... :-"  :-"  *Cough* Ok getting a bit carried away now..  :lol:  :mrgreen:  

Well after that adventurous ride we headed through the Adventureland exit into Fantasyland where we noticed no-one in the queue for Blanche-Neige et les Sept Nains, this was our chance to get a quick ride..  :mrgreen:

I always think these rides should be longer as with Pinocchio aswell, but then reality kicks in with visions of even longer queues at normal times..  :mrgreen:  Well you can't have your cake and eat it..  :lol:

Time was looming to head up towards the Village and Lake Disney, so off we went towards the Castle..  ;)

With a view looking on from the Castle bridge..  ;)

Looking back on the Castle..  ;)

Now up Mainstreet into Town Square..  :)

Then a final shot of the Disneyland Hotel before disappearing underneath..  :)

Now what was the time..  :thumbs:

Ah yes, enough time for some strolling and shopping over at the Village before the 8.00pm Showtime..  :D/

Here we are..  ;)

Well we headed off to Lake Disney for about 7.30pm and took up location infront of the Hotel New York looking onto the Newport Bay. Now I was still a little low for photo's so on looking around I spotted the 2 large concrete blocks with the lamposts ontop. So out came my spiderman routine to scale the wall and get a nice central position with my back leaning against the lampost. Nice view at last, I also managed to hoist Jen up next to me for a better view. Vanessa chose to stay below at the side..  :mrgreen:

Looking over to my right I got a nice view of the Panoramagique balloon..  :D

Now back to the subject of 'Mickey's Magical Fireworks & Bonfire Spectacular', what I can say was this year there was no bonfire as such, but on doing a little internet research I did see what it would have looked like from previous years..  :)  

When it started there were flares and shooting lights which I suppose could symbolize the look of flames in a bonfire. Unfortunately I had my camera set to firework mode and it was too dark to mess about with the settings, so did not get Fantasia Mickey in his boat or any laser light photos, though they were spectacular all the same. However I did get into the action with the fireworks, the soundtracks played against the show were suprisingly British pop music with a really upbeat tempo which added to the great atmosphere..  :D/

Here's what I got..  :D

Wow, what a display, well worth the wait..  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>

My only regret is being behind the lense, I would have loved to have seen the whole display from start to finish with my own eyes..  :P

Well that was that, the temperature had dramatically droped by now to what felt like below freezing, especially with the open skies. Brrrrrrrr..  :o  We joined the mass of crowds trying to head back through the Village, trying to find a short cut at every turn to no avail, it was one big bottle neck to the side of Cafe Mickey..  :mrgreen:  

The time read 9.30pm and we were quite hungry now, so it was off to..  ;)

Annettes Diner and talking of queues this was no exception since it was quite a distance out the door, we only got inside the doorway at 10.10pm..  :shock:

...and did not get seated till 10.30pm..  :shock:

I must admit that the meal was as yummy as ever but as usual far too much, we were all fit to bust with another harrowing thought in mind of missing the last bus since we didn't leave till 11.30pm. But luck would be on our side once again catching the last bus back to the hotel, where once arriving back at our hotel room we virtually all collapsed in a heap..  :lol:  :mrgreen:

What a day..  :D/  :D/  :D/  :D/  With a final thought of only 7 hours sleep before we'd be up again...  :mrgreen:

:donald: ...Day 4 Following Shortly..

davewasbaloo

Looks like they have really cut back on the bon fire display. That is a real shame. Glad you enjoyed it. I think we will go to Legoland or Alton Towers instead in future as their displays are grander. This was really helpful. Thank you.
since 2001 (many before that)

never2old

Great updates with some gorgeous pictures, as usual! Thank you for that!

I'm a bit jealous of the sunshine and blue skies in your pictures though... I think when you left you took the sun with you, we only had rain and grey skies for our stay!!

We were also there for the Bonfire, a bit to your left, judging by the pictures...

Looking forward to day 4!

Javey74

Pleased I was of some help on making your mind up davewasbaloo..  :mrgreen:

Thanks again for your comments davewasbaloo and never2old, much appreciated..  ;)  :D