Javey74's Disney Trip Report [Nov 3rd - 7th 2010]

Started by Javey74, November 08, 2010, 02:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed-uk

Thanks for the trip report, it sounds like you had a magical time. Good pictures you took of the fireworks. it was our first time for Disney's Bonfire and fireworks. A very good show  free of charge for people living in the area. I liked the added touch with Mickey in the boat and the music from Fantasmic. We were lucky because we saw the first two bonfires when the weather was good, after that it rained almost non stop.
Ed & David

kmara

great report and wonderful pictures! I really enjoy following it! My kids love to look at the pictures and can't wait to get there!
DLP]

March 1995 - Walt Disney World Florida

Aveen2008

Brilliant report so far David, can't wait to read and see more! I love your night time pics of the park, make me miss it loads! lol
Luv Aveen xoxo

littlemermaid83

Really enjoying!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Javey74

Thank you ed-uk, kmara, Aveen2008 and littlemermaid83 for your kind comments..  :oops:  :D

I am in the next writing stage of this Trip Report, honest..  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Javey74

Day 4 – Saturday 6th November 2010

Weather>>
Morning: Light drizzle, cold and windy
Mid/Afternoon: Heavy drizzle, then rain, cool
Night: Cloudy and wet

Part 5..Mop and Bucket Time...

Well once again my morning wake up call at 7.00am sounded, which spelt another magical day was about to start, though this time once out of bed my legs were just twinging a little and thinking different. Upon looking out of the window my mind was thinking a little different seeing drizzly rain and wind..  :shock:

Anyway over to the Chuck Wagon for the usual food and drink intake then it was back out to the elements, this was certainly a day to wrap up..  :o

We arrived at the park, got through the turnstiles and low and behold a great shock confronted us. All those facia boards in Town Square were down, Christmas music was ringing out, looking straight ahead was the Christmas Tree standing there as tall as ever.. ***Deck The halls***  :-"  :-"  :-"

Wow... To be honest this was not supposed to happen till the Sunday, but no they must have been ahead of time or had a change of plan, Christmas season had begun.. :D/  :D/  :D/

We had a quick peek around and got this shot of the sleigh where Goofy would appear later..  ;)

As I said only a quick peek since we needed to get going and as luck would have it there was the Main Street Police Van inviting anyone who wanted to ride. That was our ticket, so we all got aboard and trundled off down Main Street stopping right in front of the Castle..  ;)

Through the Castle we went to our usual haunts, firstly Dumbo, then Peter Pan's Flight, at this point the drizzle was starting to turn into larger droplets of rain, so we quickly headed over to the Carousel, at least you were covered there..  Then Jen and Vanessa headed over to the Mad Hatters Teacups..  :)

One other question on our trip remained and that was in relation to 'It's a Small World'. It was suppose to re-open today and it's always a favourite to ride on every trip here. So next we braved the heavy rain and headed over, only to have a Cast Member on the entrance telling people that it would not be open as there had been a few delays, but it may be open later today.. Oh dear..  :(

Just as we were leaving we spotted Suzy and Perla, rain or no rain they were out and so were we..  ;)

We kept on walking towards the Castle Stage..  ;)

All nipping into the toilets for a comfort break, well with all this water around..  :lol:  :mrgreen:

We continued up to Discoveryland and Buzz Lightyears Laser Blast, again for a little rain relief..  :mrgreen:

The rain did ease a little back to drizzle so we thought Frontierland and Big Thunder Mountain, fast pass it was. In the mean time we headed up to Phantom Manor for the all-important 'Doom Buggy' ride. I was really impressed with the refurb on this attraction, everything was working and you could tell the ghosts dancing scene had been cleaned up, a lot of the scenes were a lot brighter. All in all a great job done..  =D>  =D>  =D>

Next Big Thunder Mountain, and as usual a great ride, luckily the rain was off to a fine drizzle again like on the morning and the wind had dropped a little, otherwise it would have been a quick shower whilst going round, we were just missing the shampoo and soap..  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Anyway we wandered back up to Mainstreet since we had decided to have lunch at the Plaza Gardens Restraunt today.. So we went into City Hall, got that sorted. Just one point here I have to say that the Cast Members in the City Hall are the most friendliest in the whole resort in my opinion..  :D

Exiting City Hall it was photo time again since it was a lot lighter now..  :D

We were just in time to follow the Character Express down to the Central Plaza awaiting the Character photo opportunities and sure enough..  :D

I noticed because of the slippery conditions they were not out the usual length of time with a lot more Cast Member attention around them when moving to their relevant locations as well as getting back on the train..  ;)

Now since the Christmas decorations were out we all thought about Woody's Roundup. Now that should look good, so off we went. On approaching the entrance there was a Cast Member asking us to use the Exit Gate. Mmmmm I wonder why, we were trying to access Santa's Cabin. Looking across we noticed a film crew inside. I wondered with the main decorations just being revealed today it was a marketing film crew.. :-k

We eventually got round as you can see..  :thumbs:

Even into Santa's Cabin, unfortunately Santa was on a comfort break..  :mrgreen:

I think the rain had got to him too..  :lol: There was no queuing to see him because of this. So Jen took the opportunity to sit in his seat for a while..  :mrgreen:

Then outside again..  :D

We spent a while looking at the scenery on exiting the cabin, it was at the same time we noticed that there was a problem with the Railroad Train, there was a lot of steam coming out of it, but all in the wrong places, and it wasn't moving either..  :shock:  :shock:

Then they closed the Frontierland Station off..  :shock:  :o

We headed back down towards Adventureland on arriving we were greeted by a bunch of Characters in there Safari outfits..  :mrgreen:

Heading further down we decided to have a venture through the hidden away 'Aladdin's Passage of Enchantment', I say hidden away as I've heard lots of comments saying that you could easily pass it off as an entrance to shop. Something really needs doing to enlighten this place and the entrance is a key issue..  :roll:

Now since the rain was still a light drizzle we wondered if heading back to Fantasyland that 'The Story Book' attraction would be open, since it's normally closed on most visits as with 'Casey Junior'. Well it was a risk, but worth taking since when we got there is was actually open... That's why it had been raining a lot..  :lol:  :P

Casey Junior had quite a queue, so we thought we'd try again later..  :mrgreen:

On passing under the arched bridge we were confronted with the film crew, but this time with Belle and the Prince, whom were all sheltering underneath. To our surprise they stopped right near Jen and started asking her some questions with the film crew filming. We started to think that Jen was going to be on either a DVD or TV, we come to the conclusion looking at the cameras that it was French TV, again a marketing pitch. Just a shame we didn't get to see it screened..  :(

Well dinner time was looming so it was off to Mainstreet for a little more merchandise shopping before heading to the Plaza Gardens Restaurant..  ;)

An all you can eat buffet in what could be mistaken for official royal furnishings. It's a place by looking at the furnishings and colours (creams and deep reds) you could just as easily be sitting in one of the Castle turrets looking out, well other than being at ground level of course..  :lol:  It really does match the idea of sitting in a royal room..  :D

As for the buffet, it was really nice, couldn't fault it. We would definitely go back here again..  :thumbs:

Whilst eating we thought about our next exploit.. If you remember I was telling you in an earlier part about the 'Stars'n'Cars' parade, about not exactly been positioned well to get the Stage shots when all the characters alight there vehicles. Well this time I was going to stand for half an hour right at the front of the stage to get a good spot, well that was the plan anyway..  :roll:

On arriving at the Studios it was still raining that fine drizzle type rain, straight through Studio 1 and over to the 'Place de Stars' stage area. Now I stood right in the middle at the front with about 25 mins to wait, with Vanessa and Jen waiting towards the back of the stage near the disabled view point since last time the characters started signing autographs around that area. Well the time came and the parade started heading towards us, but I noticed something unusual the parade ran down behind me first, it was going in reverse..  :o Strange, then the realisation hit, the cars continued behind the stage kept on going and passed me heading back up towards Studio 1. I could not believe it, all that time for nothing..  :evil:

I'm not sure what I was more angry at, the above or not thinking logically that the characters would not alight their vehicles since it was fine drizzle, wet and slippy, though the stage does have roof cover, then again they have to get from their cars to the stage aswell as dance..  ](*,)

The rain shortly got heavier, we decided to head back to the hotel to dry off, the time was 4.00pm and even my DLP waterproof hooded jacked was starting to feel really damp by now..  :shock:

Plus it was nice just to rest our feet for a short time..  :mrgreen:

After our little break at the hotel will headed back to the park, still drizzling. We needed somewhere to go under cover, passing through the ticket machines we noticed looking up at Mainstreet station that the train was in. This was it, the answer. We could have a full run round the park under cover..  :D

Whilst waiting to go I got this obsure shot from the carriage..  :)

On passing Frontierland with the light dimming I managed to get these shots looking down onto Woody's Roundup..  ;)

We did another loop and got off at Frontierland, the drizzle had eased at last. We walking down to Adventureland onto  Central Plaza through the Castle and up through Fantasyland to 'Casey Junior' which we managed to get straight on..  :D   Whoo Hoo..  :D/  :D/  :D/

Then in the distance we noticed movement on 'It's a Small World', it was open at last..  :D/

There were small queues at Blanche-Neige et les Sept Nains and Les Voyages de Pinocchio, a must opportunity..  :D/

Well the park was closing at 7.00pm tonight, bit confusing at first as to why, only to realise once we were back home that it was due to the filming crews and V.I.Ps at the opening Rapunzel event on the Central Plaza Stage..  :?

On exiting the park we were also puzzled at why people were still coming out of the Studios which should have been closed at 6.00pm, again later we realised that they had kept the Studios open an extra hour, due to closing the DL Park an hour earlier. Shame we missed this reasoning at the time..  :roll:

Anyway it was time to head back to the hotel, well other than another quick visit to the Village. My main memory at this point was walking a pretty strange path from the parks to the Village trying to avoid puddles and vast areas of deep water..  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Since we arrived back at the hotel earlier than normal Jen decided to have a few games in the hotel games room with a look around the shop before we left, arriving back at the hotel at 8.30pm..  :)

We were all starting to feel the ache of our legs at this point, knowing we still had another virtual full and final day tomorrow..  :mrgreen:

:donald: ...Day 5 To Follow Shortly>>>

DLP-Photos.com

:lol: This must be the longest living trip report in a long time ;)

Anywho... Lovely report and great pictures... The Christmas pictures took me right back to my New Years trip - thanks for that :D

Looking forward to day 5
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Javey74

Quote from: "forza_united":lol: This must be the longest living trip report in a long time ;)

Anywho... Lovely report and great pictures... The Christmas pictures took me right back to my New Years trip - thanks for that :D

Looking forward to day 5
:lol:  Thanks forza for your appreciation, and you're very welcome..  ;)  :D

All I can say is that it's a good job I made lots of notes and still have them..  :mrgreen:

MrsPirate

A very enjoyable trip report, although a little surreal looking at Christmas photos on a warm evening in May. Looking forward to Day 5.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

Javey74

Quote from: "MrsPirate"A very enjoyable trip report, although a little surreal looking at Christmas photos on a warm evening in May. Looking forward to Day 5.
Thanks MrsPirate, very true... Infact I started on this section of my report this morning listening to some Disney music, which included the international version of 'Chante, C'est Noel', it got me back in the Christmas mood again just at the right point..  :mrgreen:

daft4tinks2011

A fab trip report and great photos.  Its got me even more excited for our trip in less than 3 weeks time.  Thanks Javey74, looking forward to the next instalment!
Disneyland Paris - Davy Crocketts Ranch - June 2004
Walt Disney World Florida - December 2005
Going to Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - May/June 2011

davewasbaloo

Blimey, still going  ;)  :thumbs:

Interesting to see how things have changed in 6 months. Sadly Phantom Manor is due for a refurb again (not in great shape) and who would have known after so few years, that Woody's Round Up would be closed now  :(

Interesting. Thanks for taking the time and sharing.
since 2001 (many before that)

Javey74

Thank you all for your kind comments, I'm on writing the last main part now..  :D

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Who'd would have known after so few years, that Woody's Round Up would be closed now  :(
Did I read right there, I didn't know that, what is it now?

These Woody's Roundup shots were only off last November..  :shock:  :shock:

davewasbaloo

It's empty (well everything is in place, but it is closed, not a thing going on there, during the Easter holidays). I am sure I mentioned it in my trip report. May have slipped my mind. But yep, from Cowboy Cookout (character meal that is paid, coincedence???) to the train station, the whole place was dead.
since 2001 (many before that)

Javey74

I see..  :shock:

Saying that I've been there quite a few times off peak season and I remember one time it was also closed and desolate, but I think the next time we went it was the change over from Critters Coral to Woody's Roundup. I never actually got the chance to see Critters Coral open at the time, shame as I would of liked to have seen it as it was..  :(