The Eiffel Tower

Started by harvey090, June 17, 2009, 09:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harvey090

We made our first trip to DLRP in the first week in June. Anyone who was there that week will know that the weather was fantastic.

As I climbed up the 'tree' in Adventure Isle I could see across the park and beyond and I'm sure I could see the Eiffel Tower shimmering in the distance.

Was I just imagining it?

Can I also say that having never been to and Disney parks before they are by far the best resorts of their type I have ever been to.  :D  =D>
2009 DLRP Hotel New York

Willow

On a very clear day you can see the Eiffel Tower from the tree.
You can see some a picture here from photos magiques:

Link

Glad to here you enjoyed your stay at the resort!  :D

15yearsofMagic2008

WOW ! Lucky you!!!!!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Do you have any pictures of it ?
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

Alexander

Quote from: "Willow"On a very clear day you can see the Eiffel Tower from the tree.
You can see some a picture here from photos magiques:

Link

Glad to here you enjoyed your stay at the resort!  :D
I have a hard time believing that. That pic cannot be taken from Cabane? What's that bridge in the foreground?

It's around 36 kilometers / 22 miles linear distance from DLP to the Eiffel tower. Any more pictures?
Life is different.

bigrossco

must be one massive room to get that pic!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

RnRCj

Quote from: "Alexander"What's that bridge in the foreground?
I don't see a bridge anywhere... all I see in the foreground is what looks like the Pirates showbuilding. I have seen other pictures somewhere.

Alexander

You're right, that's a roof. But the Pirates building doesn't have a shingled roof. And from Cabane, it's not in the line of sight if you look towards Paris and the Eiffel tower.

And the pure scale... the Eiffel tower is 300 meters high, if it was visible THAT high from DLP, it would be thousands of meters high.

Again, I'd love to believe. But this just cannot be the truth. More pics, pretty please!
Life is different.

CentralPlazaPerson

What are those buildings at the bottom? It looks like a hotel or something. But then again look at the shape of what look like the Eiffel tower, it thins at the top and spreads half way down.
Can you see DLRP from the top of the Eiffel tower?

Pamani

Here's a line direct from the top of the Eiffel Tower to the Cabane:
[attachment=1:36eegfw8]Eiffel.jpg[/attachment:36eegfw8]

As you can see POTC is not in that direction. But i do believe that you can see exactly 35,09 Km., just don't know which building that is in front, but maybe this one (the white line is the same line as in the first picture):[attachment=0:36eegfw8]Building.jpg[/attachment:36eegfw8]

Sure looks like it don't it :wink:
/Patrick Nielsen

DLRP:

July 2001 - Cheyenne
July 2002 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2003 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2005 - David Crockett
July 2007 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2008 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2009 - Newport Bay
July 2010 - Sequoia Lodge

HKDL]

Septemper 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Alexander

Quote from: "CentralPlazaPerson"Can you see DLRP from the top of the Eiffel tower?
I tried, but never could. I had a 600mm lens with me, no chance...

Quote from: "Pamani"Here's a line direct from the top of the Eiffel Tower to the Cabane:
Yep, I looked it up in Google Earth, too.  :)  

Quote from: "Pamani"As you can see POTC is not in that direction. But i do believe that you can see exactly 35,09 Km., just don't know which building that is in front, but maybe this one (the white line is the same line as in the first picture):

Sure looks like it don't it :wink:
The one in front, could be, I'm not sure. At a high zoom, the white building behind it even fits the image.

Still... 35 or 36 kilometers... No way. Think of smog, damp, fume, gauze and smoke. And the distance... wow.
Life is different.

Alexander

Okay, I am now starting to believe a little...
Still cannot imagine, but I can start to believe. Any pics from the Eiffel Tower towards DLP?

The screenshot doesn't do it justice in 800 pixels... But the Google Earth tower is visible. So...
Life is different.

Pamani

Quote from: "Alexander"The screenshot doesn't do it justice in 800 pixels... But the Google Earth tower is visible. So...

Also did this and now i'm thinking.... it's quite small :? when you compare Google Earth with the picture...
But maybe the tower in Google Earth is out of scale!

Also noticed (guess you have to :) ) the picture seems to be taken through one of the "telescopes", which may makes it more possible when having a 600 mm lens (and maybe an extender?) :wink:

Awaiting another picture also :P
/Patrick Nielsen

DLRP:

July 2001 - Cheyenne
July 2009 - Newport Bay

HKDL]

Willow

Check these few posts guys. There are more pictures too, further down in the topic.

viewtopic.php?p=114743#p114743

I'm sure Kristof and Anthony haven't faked it. Its definitely real.

Pamani

Quote from: "Willow"I'm sure Kristof and Anthony haven't faked it. Its definitely real.

I didn't think it was fake, but it could have been something else :P

But there is the proof... several pictures from different people.
I'm now a 100% convinced :D

Just hope that it will be just as clear in July when i'm going [-o<
/Patrick Nielsen

DLRP:

July 2001 - Cheyenne
July 2009 - Newport Bay

HKDL]

Alexander

Quote from: "Willow"I'm sure Kristof and Anthony haven't faked it. Its definitely real.
Didn't say that!  :)

Just... couldn't believe it! But I do now, and can't wait to get back there and see for myself. On the train route from Cologne to Paris you can sometimes see high towers which from afar might be mistaken, that's what I thought it would be here.

Coooool!
Life is different.