Hotel New York trip reports

Started by Plutosgirl, October 12, 2008, 10:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "toonarmylass"i stayed on the empire state floor this trip. it was amazing, i will never stay anywhere but there again, the breakfast is superb, and the fact that we had mickey just sitting at our table with us while we ate, and goofy sitting on the couch watching the news was just so surreal. the lounge is fantastic, hot and soft drinks as and when between like 6.45am ish and 10pm. perfect!!!!!

That's the first good thing I've heard about the HNY for ages. It's good to hear.........seems like things are looking up =D>

Epcot_Boy :santa:

David

toonarmylass

it was amazing, there is about 10 tables for breakfast, thats it. no scrums etc, fresh fruit, strawberries, churros loadsa different meats etc, its nuch better than you normalo breakfast. i mean just to walk out your room and bump into minnie its not normal. my friend who came with me has talked her non disney lovin husband to go with her next march.  its my third time in the new york and i havent had any problems any of the time but this time was the best time ever, it really is worth the extra money to me!!!!

lynny

hi,i stayed at the HNY from the 18th to the 20th of dec and also booked the empire state club.stayed at the HNY twice b4 but have to admit was a bit worried about going this time after the few reports i read.
I had a wonderful time.yes the rooms were like standard but tea and coffee maker in the room.bathrobes and slippers.the turn down service.breakfast was great.huge selection inc english and continetal with the bonus of the characters.on our last morning we were the only ones in there and had pluto all to our self.my daughter was overwhelmed.the lounge was nice place to relax when you neede a break.
also the vip fast passes were very useful considering how busy the park was this time of year esp the sat.longest we were in a q for was abt 10min.which then gave us more time to see more shows,other rides and meet the characters.a fantastic trip =D>
i will def stay at the empire state club at the HNY again.100%
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "lynny"bathrobes and slippers.the turn down service.breakfast was great.huge selection inc english and continetal

Like the HNY used to be for everyone! I think that was why I was so annoyed when we stayed in August, they had just introduced the Empire State and therefore reduced their other services to make it worth while. I doubt we will ever stay there again, given the DLH is not much more than the ES.
since 2001 (many before that)

Truelove

Wonderfull to hear a good report about the New York We've booked for 6 Nights in June. We are considering upgrading to Empire State floor How much more expensive is it?

toonarmylass

it cost me 200 euro to upgrade for 3 nights but for me it really was worth every penny well cent as the case may be. when we checked into our room there was a big plushy stitch and a 15th anniversary autograph/ photo book on the bed for matthew. there is coffee making facilities and then you have the lounge and the comfort of a relaxing breakfast instead of the srum downstairs. you also have access to the internet free of charge in the business area upstairs,  in my eyes it so is worth it.

lynny

well like i said i stayed oct 2006 and 2007 there was no slippers,bathrobes or turndown service in the normal rooms and to be honest those things i dont really care about but because of the vip fastpasses we did so many rides over and over again to both my daughters delight with no more than a 15min que at the busiest of times made the experience very enjoyable.also the breakfast room was so quiet not hectic like downstairs and as i said on the last morning only we were there with pluto.how often do you get a character all to yourself.my 7yr old was in heaven.don't care what anyone says i think its worth the extra esp if you have children.
lynny
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000

lynny

forgot to about the free internet...it was a god send to my 15yr old as you can imagine 4 days away from friends it saved a huge mobile bill.lol....and the autograph book/picture book was a nice gift saved us buying a new one.also one evening they came to do the turndown service and i said we were ok as we were in the room they gave me a handful of choclates for my daughter.....she didn't like them but the thought was nioce.......any1 who goes there you'll enjoy
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000

Truelove

Empire state floor sounds wonderfull so I rang for a price to upgrade, We are staying in HNY for 5 nights in June It would cost an extra £825.

I think we will stick with our Standard room!

lynny

omg....i'm really surprised they qouted you that much.we stayed 2 nights Dec 18th-20th,me my 15yr old and my 7yr old and it cost £670 i booked it about 7 or 8 weeks before we went.it was only about £80 more than a standard
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000

Mr_B

wow  :?  

I was going to price up the upgrade myself as we have two rooms booked in the HNY for June but at that price I think I'll pass.

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

Truelove

I think it was an extra £825.oo as we are booked on the extra day and night free offer. This offer is not applicable to empire state floor so we would have been paying for the extra night plus the upgrade.

I think spending £825 on this will be an indulgence too far ... It will be a different story if I win the lottery!

On our 1st trip summer 2007 we stayed at the Cheyenne great theme but not a lot of comfort.
2nd trip christmas 2007 Newport Bay AF a real disney experience hoping for more of the same in HNY .

Mr_B

Maybe DLRP should introduce some sort of loyalty scheme where you collect points every time you visit and we could then use these for upgrades  :)

Mr_B

never2old

Quote from: "Mr_B"Maybe DLRP should introduce some sort of loyalty scheme where you collect points every time you visit and we could then use these for upgrades  :)

Mr_B

Oh yes!! Mickeymiles....

Mr_B

hehehe yeah thats cool - MickeyMiles  :lol:  =D>

Mr_B