Hotel New York trip reports

Started by Plutosgirl, October 12, 2008, 10:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plutosgirl

For the first time we have booked Hotel New York for our next trip in January 09, and we were very excited about it. But...... after all the reports we have read recently on different forums, regarding the hotel in the Summer months we are feeling a little anxious [-o<

This could go two ways,  either the Hotel Management will realise that they have let a lot of people down and will pull the hotel up in time for Christmas  :D/ . or....  lets not think about that  :-"

Anyways,  if anyone who has been since Sept has anything positive to say about the Hotel especially the rooms ...please report back ...
Sequioa Lodge 2006, Sequioa Lodge 2007, Sequioa Lodge 2008
[strike]New York 2009 booked[/strike]Suprise Upgrade to Disneyland Hotel

Hotel New York Oct23 to Oct25 2011

Plutosgirl

zero replies!!:shock: I am sure this is because noone has stayed at the New York, not that noone has anything good to say about it  :wink:

toonarmylass

the last time i was there was im march ive stayed a couple of times now and i have never had any problems at all. the rooms have always been spot on, the first time i stayed i had a minniw glass left for me which was all wrapped nicely, matthew had a big 15th anniverary mickey and a bottle of 15th anniverary red wine. the second time we were put in a suite with a room full of balloons. all staff were fantastic and polite  and they couldnt bend over backwards to help me. i love the hotel new york. i will be going back there in 29 days, i cant wait.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "toonarmylass"the last time i was there was im march ive stayed a couple of times now and i have never had any problems at all. the rooms have always been spot on, the first time i stayed i had a minniw glass left for me which was all wrapped nicely, matthew had a big 15th anniverary mickey and a bottle of 15th anniverary red wine. the second time we were put in a suite with a room full of balloons. all staff were fantastic and polite  and they couldnt bend over backwards to help me. i love the hotel new york. i will be going back there in 29 days, i cant wait.

That's the HNY I fell in love with. Sadly it was not like that on our trip in August and I don't know if we will go back again.  :(
since 2001 (many before that)

15yearsofMagic2008

Well , I ALWAYS stay in the Hotel New York .And i think it is very good.Good service.Good Accomadations.A very nice view of lake Disney.And there is even an Ice Skating Rink between November-Feburay :D/.
And if your lucky , you get to meet some Characters , Good bellhop service.Good food.Very funny elevator music :-" .
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

littlemermaid83

I came back from there a week ago and i have no complaints.

Though the bell hop service was rubbish, they wouldnt come and take our luggage as they said they was busy....busy standing around chatting.

I would stay here again if i could afford it.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Plutosgirl

Thank you everybody , was hoping you guys would  have something good to say .

I am getting very excited now with more and more pictures being shown of the Christmas Season .  To be honest my worries are behind me now just expecting to have great time  :D

oojijay

I'm going to the New York hotel in January too, I've never been before and really looking forward to it, I hope it's not as bad as I've heard some people say!

loulou

I will be there 2 weeks today, I cant wait. Ive never had any problems with HNY before

:mickey2:
When you wish upon a star

dhughesrovers

Stayed in the Hotel New York last week for the first time and was nothing but impressed, especially with breakfast!
You'll have a great time, don't worry  :D

x-charlotte-x

Im also going to be in the HNY at the end of January!  :D/

1997 - Santa Fe
2006 - Cheyenne
2009 - New York

Plutosgirl

:D/ very excited now just four weeks and one day  :D/
need to get this silly xmas stuff out the way so it will come quicker lol :D

Mr_B

Just booked HNY again for June next year  :D/

Hope everyone has a great time there on their holidays !  =D>

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

tinac42

we've booked the hotel new york the new empire state floor
dont know anything about the floor
if anyone as pic it would be a help
we're going for halloween :D/

toonarmylass

i stayed on the empire state floor this trip. it was amazing, i will never stay anywhere but there again, the breakfast is superb, and the fact that we had mickey just sitting at our table with us while we ate, and goofy sitting on the couch watching the news was just so surreal. the lounge is fantastic, hot and soft drinks as and when between like 6.45am ish and 10pm. perfect!!!!!