COUNTRY AND WESTERN FESTIVAL at Disney Village

Started by Riebi, May 07, 2008, 01:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

From the Disneyland Paris website:

Quote16, 17 and 18 May

During this Festival, Disney Village will become the temple of Country music and dance.

CONCERTS
Four concerts are on the agenda at Billy Bob's Country Western Saloon featuring well-known artists, some arriving directly from the United States.

Friday 16 May
9:30 p.m.:Youpi Whaou
Audiences appreciate this group's deep personality, marked by authentic vocal interpretations. Their style is a blend of honky-tonk and new-country offering a widely varied repertoire which even borrows tunes from western swing, zydeco
or blues.

11:00 p.m.:Pam Mc Beth (US country)
Her songs are a rich blend of traditional and modern country music inspired by legends such as Dolly, Hank, Merle and Billy Joe Shaver. Pam McBeth has appeared in concert with different artists such as Jerry Lee Lewis, Steve Earle, Charlie Daniels, Lonestar, Pam Tillis, Marty Stuart, Vince Gill and Merle Haggard.

Saturday 17 May
9:30 p.m.:Chris Michael
His Country Rock-oriented style is influenced by today's artists including Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, Dierks Bentley or even Tim Mc Graw, but he has also forged his knowledge through great names from other generations such as Doc Watson, Kenny Rodgers, Dolly Parton, Hank Williams and Clint Black.

11:00 p.m.:Rodney Hayden (US country)
Texas native Rodney Hayden interprets authentic music inspired by traditional country music and honky-tonk with a touch of modern digital technology.

ENTERTAINMENT
Cowboys and Indians from the Buffalo Bill's Wild West Dinner Show invite you to their showdown every evening at 6 p.m. at Disney Village. Western entertainment, demonstrations and free line dancing lessons will punctuate the evening starting at 6:15 p.m.

The concerts seems to be the main thing there. For the Entertainment I ask myself: Isn´t this normal at Disney village? Buffalo Bills´wild west show and free line dancing lessons? I see this always in summer. Maybe something special in May?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Riebi"From the Disneyland Paris website:

QuoteThe concerts seems to be the main thing there. For the Entertainment I ask myself: Isn´t this normal at Disney village? Buffalo Bills´wild west show and free line dancing lessons? I see this always in summer. Maybe something special in May?

We used to go all the time before becoming parents. It was great.  Put on my stetson and boots and step out with my wife.  Great joy as an adult.  They used to have the Buffalo Bill Calvacade on the streets of the Village too!

Love the C&W festival.
since 2001 (many before that)