Disneyshopping.com

Started by pjulie75, November 25, 2007, 07:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjulie75

Hi
I was thinking of order a few things from Disneyshopping.com and have a price for the goods and International Shipping  $96- does anyone know if I need to pay Tax when the items arrive at UK?

I have ordered from a few US sites and some I have had to pay tax at Post Office and others have just arrived at house - don't know why. :?

Thanks for your help.

Masamune

I don't know about tax, but months after we recieved a bunch of Disney Shopping orders we got invoices from a company called DHL who are apparently the ones who payed for our orders to go through customs. They're also the company who delivered the orders to us.

:? This was news to us, so we refused to pay and they let us off with it, because they waited over 8 months after we recieved the last order to send all these invoices at once. :shock: And they were all around £20 each, even though most of our orders only contained pins so they weren't even heavy!

It's really up to you if you're willing to pay this extra fee as well as the crazy shipping costs. :P It's funny you should make this thread though, as I myself am considering ordering from Disney Shopping soon. We never ordered again after the DHL thing but I went on Disney Shopping last night and saw the most beautiful piece of Cheshire Cat clothing ever and I really want to get it. X-x When I checked the shipping though, it was $36 just for the hoody, 2 pins and a pair of shorts. Then if you add £20 from DHL, that's about £35 in shipping, which is just terrible. :(

LovesDisney

Masamune yesterday I was on Disneyshopping because I had read on Mousesavers dot com that they were having a major sale. I really wanted the Mickey Mouse Nightmare snow globe figure but the the shipping was too much. However I found if I added other things (Minnie Mouse cookie jar and a mug) the shipping did not go up and due to the higher total cost of items I qualified for a 30% discount so it was like getting those items for free, basically.

Still I didn't order because I was afraid of extra charges and I really only wanted that snow globe  :?

Masamune

*Nods* I know what you mean about the shipping. It doesn't seem to be based on the weight of the items. One time we ordered two snowglobes and a bunch of other stuff in the same order, and the shipping was actually pretty cheap considering there was two snowglobes in the order.

:) I'm going to try and get my mum to have a proper look around the site today. If she can find some stuff she wants, we can split the shipping costs. I want that Cheshire hoodie soooooooooo much.

Masamune

:lol: Ended up ordering off the site, and the stuff arrived today. :( Had to pay £23 up front to the delivery company for the package to come through customs, which is actually more than what the shipping from America was.

:) Ah well, I'm pleased regardless. This hoodie is the nicest item of Cheshire Cat clothing I own, so I'm glad I got it. :D I also got some lovely pins and a Cheshire Cat cushion.

Kristof

Those taxes are import duties for importing stuff from other countries outside the UK (and Europe).   Some packages get picked out randomly by customs and often opened to see what's inside.

Masamune

:o It still seems unfair though, considering you pay lots to have the items shipped to the country in the first place. Ah well, like I said, I'm pleased regardless.

:lol: I won't be looking at Disney Shopping again anytime soon though.

pjulie75

Yes, I agree, I didn't place my order because I was terrified at he TAX!!  It is a pity, they can't be accurate with costings. :cry:

Masamune

:) If it's something you really want, you should still get it. This hoodie is one of the best things I've ever bought, so I'm not really that bothered about the extra I had to pay.