Paris BTM and POTC so much better!

Started by lilcharlie, July 26, 2007, 07:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilcharlie

Having been a big fan of Disney World in Florida i was sceptical about Disneyland when i went for the first time! I was really pleased however when i found that some things were done so much better like POTC and BTM. I deffinately thort BTM in Disney world was abit tame and instead of the ride getting better as it went on it kinda slowed down! BTM in Paris is wickid and i love the fact that it ends with the best part as you descend through the cavey bit!
In my oppinon Pirates is better too cos it has one more dip and i think generally its abit different.  :D

speedpacket

LOL - people are making it so difficult for me to decide whether I should go to the US, but the more I read the less I'm intended to do so...

Most people tend to say that there is no such "magic kingdom" as the one in Paris, and if I see pictures, I have to agree...  Yet, Animal Kingdom does sound great...

I was actually thinking of finally going over when I saw the coverage of the July 4th celebrations in the US parks, and I must say I almost hated Disney LOL
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Parkfisch

In my opinion Florida has got the worst of all the copied "Magic Kingdom" attractions. "Pirates of the Caribbean", "Big Thunder Mountain", "Haunted Mansion", even "It's a small world" which is very dark there in comparison to the sister ride in France. But it can't be said that this is because of the age of the park, because the rides in the original Disneyland ( which is 16 years older ) are also better than the ones in Florida. The Pirates have got 2 drops like in France ( 1 drop in Florida ) and there's an "atmospheric" lift while in Florida you have to leave the boat before it climbs up the hill back to the station. The Haunted manshion's ghosts are more present while the ones of Orlando's Haunted mansion seem to be to lazy to show all the effects. Big Thunder Mountain is not better nor worse than Florida's mountain. Florida just got a mirrored copy of the mountain in Los Angeles. ( If you view ride videos at the same time on 2 screens that are next to each other, than you will notice that the train of Florida always does the same like the one in Anaheim, but on the other side ). As you said, the Paris version is simply the best, espacially when you ride it in summer nights. Then people are in "soccer mood" and everybody outside can hear that. It's a small world is more attractive in California. There you find the colourful wall with the "click-clack" symbol outside which can be found in Tokyo Disneyland as well. Only Florida has just got an "It's a small world" sign and not that beautiful wall, no click-clack noice and symbol, no clock, no dolls coming out every 15 minutes.

And of course:
SPACE MOUNTAIN
I think I have nothing more to write....  :wink:

Disneyana

Yes I always thought that the US Disney parks must be great. But after hearing so many people, from the US too, saying that DLP is much better and the best Magic Kingdom ever, I'm really not that interested in going to the US parks anymore.  :wink: That's good, so I can save some more Euros for DLP.  :lol:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Parkfisch

You could travel to Los Angeles and visit the Indiana Jones Darkride which can also be found in Tokyo. In Los Angeles you have the traditional Matterhorn Roller Coaster and the Roger Rabbit Darkride which can also be found in Tokyo ( not the Matterhorn ). And in 3 Magic Kingdoms ( Los Angeles, Orlando and Tokyo ) you can ride Splash Mountain. So there's definetely a reason to visit one of the other Magic Kingdoms. In Los Angeles there's a second park ( California Adventure ) with a funny coaster called "California Screamin'", in Tokyo there's "Tokyo Disney Sea" ( very impressing ) and in Orlando you have the great water parks "Typhoon Lagoon" and "Blizzard Beach" as a special attraction for the sunshine state Resort. So don't focus on the Magic Kingdoms too much !  :wink:
But all attractions that have been copied for Europe's Magic Kingdom are better than the others and mostly WDW in Flordia got the worst of all.
BTW: In Pirates of Orlando  :D  there's not even a restaurant inside the ride like it can be found in all the other rides. BTW: Tokyo made a copy of the "Blue Bayou Restaurant" from Disneyland in California and even this part of the ride has a better atmosphere and design ( and another name "Blue Lagoon" ) in the Paris Ride. The only thing that speaks for Orlando's Pirates is that the queue is located in a building like in France ( although the way is not very long ), because it looks very inviting. In Los Angeles and Tokyo you go inside and see the boat. The queue is just as usual like we know it from Pinocchio, Peter Pan's Flight and so on and the entrance building is just a house with windows.

Well:
Disneyland Resort Paris rulezzzzz !  8)

davewasbaloo

Dl in California has the most history and magic.  The most attractions, the best live entertainment and fireworks.  As well as Disney's best hotel (the Grand Californian) and best restaurant (The Napa Rose).  DL is my favorite.

WDW is full of choice.  4 theme parks, 2 water parks, 2 downtown districts, 23 great hotels and wonderful dining choices.  MK is not as good as DLP, but Animal Kingdom and Epcot are awesome!

DLP is the most beautful park designed by the imagineers, but the cast and guest behaviour are the worst, and the fireworks are virtually non existant.

I think a true Disney fan owes it to themselves to visit all the resorts.  They are all awesome and unique in their own ways.  I love what the imagineers have created at DLP, but ops really struggle, and the guest behaviour (or lack of) I find hard to deal with sometimes in Paris.  There is more magic in the US parks and resorts - that's something you never see in pictures.
since 2001 (many before that)

Kristof

Quotebut the cast behaviour are the worst

Maybe from your point of view.  The worst cast members I've encountered where at Walt Disney World!

Disneyana

I always had the feeling that the CMs behaviour is very good at DLP. Never met someone rude or so.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

RnRCj

I like the CM at DLRP - They're always smiling, and I've never encountered a problem with them. I especially ike the ones who interact with guests, like at Phantom Manor :lol:

speedpacket

Well - without sterotyping too much (sorry, I just couldn't help writing this - don't start throwing too much that is too heavy at me, or it may get me killed), BUT I am honestly convinced that there is a huge difference of how EU Continental people and UK people like how Americans behave...

If you go to a US Shop, they'll always ask you how you are and everything is fine; I think UK guys will love that as well, while many continental europeans will find it too artificial, and therefor make other conclusions than Brits do...

Again - one is not better than the other, but these are again just cultural differences...  I personally don't like the artificial stuff that much.  Just good service is much more important, and I feel that in DLRP we get good service, and when we have that occasional special treatment it makes a day,whereas a constant artificial smile from ear to ear just makes it too artificial to me, and starts to annoy me after a while...

that's just me though :)

It has been said before, but at this time I would very much prefer to go to Tokyo than visit any of the US arks, although it is right that in the end I think I will visit them as well...

I just don't really like the exaggerated patrionism, especially if it means people don't even think about why they are that patrionistic...

I saw the July 4th videos / pics, and it just blew my mind of...  To even think that the US military flew some of their fighters over MK skies was one step too far for me...  Keep politics and serious work seperated from entertainment please!!!  But then again, US politics is all about show and amusement, isn't it?

Sorry if I offended someone  -  it really wasn't my intention, and I do not want to generalise all americans or any other nationality :)

ok - start throwing now - I already have my shields prepared :)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

davewasbaloo

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  Being an American living in the UK, I like quick friendly service.  I don't like the "I'll get to it when I'm ready" attitude a lot of European cast members tend to exhibit.  There are some fantastic cast members at DLP from all over Europe - French, English, Spanish, Dutch German, Italian etc.  And we have a great time.  

But for consistant service with a smile, I much prefer the US parks.  But it's not the cast that get to me so much, but rather the guest behaviour!  I think it is because people are a bit frightened that others may not understand them, so they barge on through - it then creates other negative behaviours.  That said, I love that people who come from different countries, cultures and speak languages sometime play together at DLP, that is pure magic.

Also, the military presence on 4th July and the flag waving is great (even though some American do not understand why).  But I have also seen these behaviours for Bastille Day in France, and other ceremonies/holidays in Italy and Spain.  And at tivoli in Denmark, they have a Military Marching Band.  It is not just a US thing.

Kristof

QuoteI don't like the "I'll get to it when I'm ready" attitude a lot of European cast members tend to exhibit.

I'm really sorry Davewasbaloo, I don't want to turn this into a whole "europe vs. usa" discussion, but that was the exact same attitude we encountered at WDW past September, much to the frustration of my American friends who accompanied us.

To Speedpacket: I understand your reaction, it's probably because us Belgian's aren't that patriotic, compared to other countries around the world...   :wink:

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "raptor1982"
QuoteI don't like the "I'll get to it when I'm ready" attitude a lot of European cast members tend to exhibit.

I'm really sorry Davewasbaloo, I don't want to turn this into a whole "europe vs. usa" discussion, but that was the exact same attitude we encountered at WDW past September, much to the frustration of my American friends who accompanied us.

That's a real shame.  I can honestly say I have only encountered this once in WDW and 3 times at DL, but it feels almost like the norm at DLP.  I suppose there will always be differences.  

But I have never had to complain about service in a table service restaurant anywhere except DLP.