Which company should I book with?

Started by Popple, June 19, 2017, 03:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Popple

Please can somebody tell me which company is the best/cheapest one to book through?

I am currently looking at the official Disneyland Paris website, Disneyholidays and Magicbreaks. All seem to cost round about the same if you take into the account the booking fees? Do any of the websites offer any perks if you book with them? We are looking at flying and are staying for 3 nights in July.

Also, am I better off booking the flights separately?

AJDisney

If you're going for 3 nights, it may be cheaper looking at the annual passes; http://www.supertrips.net/book-tickets/magic-flex/

Then I'd book through Expedia for hotel and flights - they are the cheapest I've found! Then you can get the train to Disney from the Train Station.
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

Popple

dlpowl

My preference is the Walt Disney Travel Company.  Their price has always been the same as booking direct with DLP when I've booked with them but the call centre staff are based in America so speak perfect English and give a much higher standard of customer service too I find.  Some of the staff I've spoken to on the DLP direct booking line have been downright rude as well as not very knowledgable.  So for me, it's Walt Disney Travel Co every time.

ZoeG

I have booked twice with Magic Breaks, and found them very good.

They offered us a free Photopass last time, and they usually send money off vouchers for Planet Hollywood and Earl of Sandwich.

Closer to the travel date they also sent an email with a few pounds off certain additions to the package.

I think they also have a Disney activity pack with bookings now too. :)

chalky0123

I booked direct on my first visit and via WDTC for this year. One point to note with WDTC is that if you want club level rooms they don't seem to be able to do this until fairly close to your departure date if at all. The point about customer service is correct though, you generally get Americans or English answering your call and they are very well trained in "Disney" customer service. "Have a magical day"

Tai

I always use The Walt Disney Travel Company as they allow you to pay a deposit online without having to speak to them on the phone. I have noticed that TWDTC is getting more expensive each time I book with them now. I would use Expedia or Travel Republic but the the park tickets are not included even if you book a Disney Hotel so it still works out cheaper booking with TWDTC I have found.

2bigkids2weekids

We use dlparisdirect.co.uk as both times we got deals for extra nights for free, and that is the park tickets included. We just booked our flights direct with the airline and booked a private transfer direct as well, it was almost as cheap for us to get a private transfer than the train, plus more comfortable for the kids and a movie to watch!
Hotel New York - December 2016
Booked for Santa Fe - December 2017

andya

Last year we went direct, this year we've used Disney Travel Company.

Main reason being this year there was a great deal (our 2 kids fly, stay and play free) but having the customer service in English (American) is a great help.