Eurostar via Lille

Started by cooper75, May 22, 2017, 11:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooper75

Morning all,

If anyone who has used Eurostar via Lille could let me know how easy the change over is/offer any advice, that would be great. Just me and my 7 year old travelling so all about keeping it as easy as possible! (going next Thursday if anyone else is doing same journey?)

Thanks to anyone who can help.
:)

rocker

Really very easy.  It's well signposted & very little walking involved.  I'd recommend on the way back to the UK you're ready at the doors of the train a few mins before arrival at Lille as you have to do passport control which involves queuing, passport & bag checks etc.  Although they do tend to hold the Eurostar back to London for a few minutes to get everyone processed when needed, personally I can do without the stress of being at the back of the queue.  Get off the TGV, go straight up the stairs/escalator/lift from the platform & follow the signs to the Eurostar.

Also, once you've cleared passport control, there is a Eurostar waiting area with some colouring in sheets & pencils & best of all, table football  ;D so if you're the 1st in there, you & your 7yo get dibs on that  :)

Ohana

And the best thing of all, the little announcement jingle. "Ba ba  baaa ba" best part of the whole journey haha!!
(•–•)

November 2015 -- Santa Fe
May 2016 - Santa Fe
November 2016 - Cheyenne
July 2017 - B&B Hotel

cooper75

Ah thanks really helpful, thanks (and will look forward to the "Ba ba  baaa ba")

bluelady

How long is the Disney to Lille bit and roughly how long do you normally get to change?

cooper75

It's about an hour between Lille and Disney (although it took us longer on the way back on Saturday due to a dead animal on the track!) On the way out we had an hours' wait in Lille, on way back it was scheduled for 30 mins, but because of the delay they actually held the Eurostar at Lille and just got everyone through security and onto Eurostar as quick as possible.

Despite that delay I would recommend using the trains. We've flown the previous 2 times and it's more hassle, IMO.

Everything is clearly marked at all stations - and if in any doubt at any time, just look for someone in Mouse ears, there are usually plenty around!

My experience is based on travelling with daughter, who has just turned 8.

Hope that helps.

fiyero

I have a 90 minute stopover on my way to Disneyland on Monday. I know there is a shopping centre with food places next door, will I be able to get in with my wheely case and backpack with all the security issue going on? If not any ideas as the places in the station didn't seem that appealing when I've been before