Best Dining

Started by irishcailin, November 10, 2015, 05:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickey1980

Bistro Chez Remy was okay. Nice setting. Food wise don't expect haute cuisine. It's basically about the steak.
I liked King Ludwig. Ate there once. Will go there again on next trips.
We never skip Rainforest cafe. The food is good in DLP terms. And the setting is amazing.
Same goes for Agrabah Café.
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

irishcailin

Hi all,
Well we are sitting in the departure lounge waiting to board after a great trip. We arrived last Thursday, stayed in the Sequoia Lodge in a Montana room. Would highly recommend this hotel. Anyways food wise, as that was the topic of my original post, I think we did quite well  :)
The Thursday evening we ate in King Ludwigs, the food was delicious and very reasonably priced and good sized portions. It was during happy hour when we dined (5pm-7.30pm). Half price drinks, both soft drinks and alcoholic, does not apply in the restaurant but they have no problem with you buying your drinks at the bar at the discount and bringing them to your table.
On the Friday we had breakfast in the hotel, I'm not a big fan of the continental breakfast but there was plenty of everything and I loved the individual Nutella sachets, yummy! It poured with rain constantly on Friday, on the plus side we got on all our top rides with practically no queuing at all. However even tho we wore rain jackets and boots we were still soaked, when we were hungry we just went to the nearest restaurant that had table service and free seats which was Annette's Diner. Had burgers and chips, big portions, tasty and reasonably priced.
Saturday we again had breakfast in the hotel then caught the train to Paris. Such a beautiful city, we had a delicious steak dinner in a restaurant called Le Montaigne.
Sunday we had breakfast in the Earl of sandwich, great prices, yummy sandwiches and at last a decent cup of tea. I am a big tea drinker but the tea in the hotel left something to be desired. That evening we had dinner in the highly recommended Chez Remi. I had the duck and then fillet steak, it was cooked to perfection and delicious.
Our last morning on Monday, again we skipped the hotel breakfast and went in search of a nice cup of tea. We weren't overly hungry so after walking around for a while we had hotdogs and fries, and tea, in Caseys Corner. I got the plain hotdog but then was so jealous when I saw my partners cheese hotdog! They were both yum, pricey but tasty.
Also most evenings we would buy a cup of mulled wine in the village for our walk home to the hotel. It is pricey at €6 for a small enough cup but it was delicious.
I think the one place I'm sorry we didn't get to try was Blue Lagoon, maybe next time  ;)
So there you go, thanks again everyone for recommendations you gave us.

stifle

Thanks for the reminder about tea. There is a box of Barry's coming with me to DLP this week!