Jedi Training Academy

Started by kalelvszod, September 14, 2015, 01:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalelvszod

Hi all,

We will be in Disneyland on the 21st September, I assume it will be quieter then but wanted to know what the current queues are like to get a place in the Jedi Training Academy.  I know some people who were having to queue for 2 hours in the morning to get a place.  I know this was during the busy time but don't want to miss out on this for my son.

The registration starts at 10.45, can people who have been this week let me know what their experience was, how early did they queue, were there spaces left once the queue had gone etc.  As much as I want my son to be able to do this, I also don't want to waste time queuing for no reason.

Thanks,

Kalel

lovindisney87

I am also interested in this, so gonna keep an eye on this post. My oldest daughter wants to do it but the middle one has no interest at all. We are not going until January so hoping it will be quiet enough she may stand a chance 😁  hope your son gets to do it 😁
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

kalelvszod

Anybody been in the last couple of days who can answer?

polar vixen

we were there last Thursday, they asked my sons age, but didn't ask for proof ( he was clearly old enough at 10 though).  I didn't chance it but there were a couple of very small 7 year olds participating if you know what I mean.  can't guess whether their parents had been asked for proof or not......

kalelvszod

Hi,

What time did you get there in the morning to queue?  Did it sell out?

Thanks

polar vixen

we actually asked about queueing just before an evening show started and were told, 'oh we have a space now, would you like it?' really quick and easy, won't always happen, but worth a shot

kalelvszod

Good point Polar.  I bet loads of people don't turn up for their booked place. 

glenn

I can,t tell you how long you have to Q for but,I can say that the kids really looked
like they enjoyed it.
Can,t beat the smiles on happy kids faces.

kalelvszod

Anyone else been this week?  Going on Monday and don't want to queue too early  :)

kalelvszod

Markskola

Hi

We have just got back from disney this last week. I asked where to register and the said to register at show area (videoplolis). I asked what time but they were not specific they asked me what time I'd be in the park and I said we'd be aiming for 8 with our magic hours they said to come here as son as we could. I assumed I'd be queuing untill 10:15 and make sure my little boy would be with me if needed Anyway long story short we managed to get in the park at approx 8:20, my wife and kids queued to meet Donald while I walked on to discovery land. When I got there there was no queue but they were setting up the ropes for a holding area. I asked about registration and they said I could do it there and then but I needed my boy with me. I went back and they were still a way back in the queue for Donald so my wife and youngest stayed in that queue while we went and registered.  There was plenty of spots and we picked the time we wanted and that was it. No queuing or anything. While I was there others registered. We then went back and joined my wife in the queue for Donald.  Basically it was first come first served and no queuing required. I have no idea when or if all spots were filled but would strongly suggest to just go there as soon as you can. In this case if you did have magic hours you could head in the park for 8 register, get in a short character queue, hop on the buzz light year ride then head back for breakfast if you're not normally an early bird.

A&S&O

Interesting. When we went in the summer a long queue had formed by 10am when registration opened.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?