Easy Enough?

Started by apparentlymad04, July 12, 2015, 08:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apparentlymad04

Hi all! Newbie here! I have just booked to go back in January next year with the family and i am dragging the inlaws (total Disney Newbies :o) along for hubbies birthday  ;D. I have booked the indirect Eurostar via Lille and i am really apprehensive about it. I don't think i would if it was just hubbie and me but having 3 kids in tow and luggage i am starting to panic about it a bit! Is it simple enough? Or am i going to get all confuzzled?

Looking forward to hearing your experiences  :)

stifle

Yes it is very straightforward. Sometimes they are on adjacent platforms and sometimes not, but there are lifts and escalators as well as SNCF staff to help you.

samuelvictor

We did thios for the first time on our last trip in December last year.

I was more than slightly worried about what happens if there is a delay or confusion and we miss the connection etc... the lady at the Eurostar point in London re-assured me that it hardly ever happens, and if it does, Eurostar ensure that you are looked after and not charged extra etc. She even said that if you miss the last train back from Lille on your way home after getting on the Disneyland end train successfully, you are put up in a hotel overnight (presumably only if the delay was their fault. but maybe not - can you imagine the bad publicity of children being forced to sleep overnight in a train station after their parents spent their last Euro at Disney?  ::) )

As soon as we got there, I saw that there is nothing to worry about. Where you are supposed to go is very clearly signposted and there are many english speaking members of staff there, as well as the obvious amount of other people going to/from Disney - just follow the people with kids and mickey ears!

Only thing to remember is that you have to "validate" your tickets at each stop. This sounds intimidating but its not different to putting a travel card through the machines in between underground stops in London.

In all honesty, its easy, and you'll get there in plenty of time. If there are queues/delays with the customs/passports part of the crossover, the train operators know this and are told to wait til everyone has boarded.  8)