Studio Tram Tour -Station going back - True or False?

Started by DisneyManiac, January 25, 2015, 04:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norhel

Quote from: A&S&O on February 03, 2015, 09:27:55 AM
Quote from: Rocketeer on February 01, 2015, 12:19:57 PM
Also, there have been rumours that Paris will receive some of the props from the now closed Florida attraction, they can add those to the new route as distractions from the fact that there's nothing but countryside around.

Which attraction closed in Florida?

The Studio Tram Tour closed in Florida a while back.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

A&S&O

Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

dazzle_v2003

If the rumour is true that Paris are getting some of the props from the Flordia Studio Tram Tour which is closing down it will be come a much better ride. They have so many cool props over there.

I've also heard from a good source that the Tram Tour is moving back relocating the station and the tram route so to expand the land available. I believe this is all tied in with when we get the Florida props to make it a big Tram Tour refurb.

How much land is available behind the tram tour to be used for expansion if anyone knows?

Rocketeer

Quote from: dazzle_v2003 on February 08, 2015, 02:19:04 PM
How much land is available behind the tram tour to be used for expansion if anyone knows?
At a rough estimate, the depth its about the same distance from the the park gates in Front Lot all the way to the Tram Tour attraction entrance.
Width wise, it goes from the back of the Moteurs stage (where the Reign set is) across to the forest (or around the area of RC Racer in Toy Story Playland if you prefer).

In short, its a heck of a lot of land. They could build a full length Hollywood Blvd., and have space for at least one substantial E-Ticket, or maybe two or three C/D-Tickets. Even more if they encroach on the forest - which I'm not sure they will do until its a necessity.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

andrewuk

Yes, I think they were given permission to cut the entire forest a few years ago. It would be sad to see it all go, much better if it can somehow be integrated into the park I think.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

HildeKitten

I agree with that, I much rather see the forest integrated than cut down also.

Rocketeer

They could keep a portion of it, and it could remain on the Tour route - just build a Forest Moon of Endor set (like that seen in front of Star Tours at Disney's Hollywood Studios) or even a bit of  Kashyyyk. At least either would be more relevant than Dinotopia.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

vals

Studio tram tours needs sorting however its done. In Feb the floor didn't move for the earthquake, as usual 2 carriages were empty, we had the back one and could barely see the effects. it was very disappointing, the previous day we went on it and they made us squash up with a couple,making 5 full size adults in a row, so we couldn't even see lol. and the commentary is so out of date its daft, they still mention the costumes.   

Rocketeer

^I wonder, does the fact that the last two carriages were empty speak more about the state of the attraction or the state of the park? If everything else in the park has a queue over 5 mins and the Tour remains a walk-on, is it time it went to Yesterland?

I know I said previous that the park needs all the capacity it can get, but if its still struggling on a mildly busy day, you do have to wonder what's the point? They could build two attractions on the Reign and Canyon sets alone, and that's without really having to build/extend Hollywood Blvd.

As for the commentary being out of date.. that's just another sad example of the need to save every cent at the resort. It shouldn't be that way though, you'd think that it wouldn't cost much just to edit out the costuming segment.

paterdave2

Well Now that the rat is open you have the waiting lines there.
What I found a bit disturbing the last time I was there was not the state of the ride but that the ride video still used the Orange logo but the ride is not sponsored by Orange for some time now. I would have thought that the new sponsor would at least would have wanted that changed.
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

Disney Matt

The ride needs a pretty major overhaul in my opinion. It would be enjoyable if it was your 1st time on it but when I go 2 years apart, & there's even less than the time before it almost shows that they're not that bothered.
Shame as I do enjoy the Studios park  :)
Hotel Santa Fe - 95 / Dream Castle - Jul 07 / Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 09 / Hotel Santa Fe - Dec 12 / Sequoia Lodge - Dec 14 / Sequoia Lodge - Feb 16 / Newport Bay Club - Halloween 16 / Newport Bay Club - Feb 17

mickey1980

I really don't care for this "ride"... The same goes for Moteurs.
It's outdated and Disney could do so much better.

I want "memorable" and "beyond my imagination". Nothing less.
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiƫsto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018