Studio Tram Tour -Station going back - True or False?

Started by DisneyManiac, January 25, 2015, 04:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyManiac

According to ED92, on 29th August 2016 the Studio Tram Tour station will be moved back at least 100 metres to allow a complete Hollywood Boulevard, if this is true I think it is highly welcome as Hollywood Boulevard feels more like Hollywood End at the moment. But DLPWonders says that ED92 mainly gives out false rumours although this one sounds like the right idea, so is it true or not?

Discovery_Mountain

Considering it's a rumour I think it's going to be hard to get a definitive answer.

But I do think it's extremely plausible as the current Tram Tour position is what is stopping development of that area.  I think it's inevitable that it is either moved or removed in order to open up that land behind it.
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

DLPWonders (Banned)

I really wish people would stop taking ED92 seriously.
All it does is create chaos, false hope and confusion.
Some things that they post are true, but the things that are true have already been confirmed.
Most of it is just a bunch of wishes and hopes from the fanbase which they state as "being true" even though it isn't the slightest bit true.

This again, is also not something that is planned. At least not for this timeframe.
Ofcourse it is Disneyland Paris, so it might happen in the future.
But with all the major refurbs going on in the next 2 years they are most definitely not going to take on any more.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

daddyof2

Quote from: Matty88 on January 25, 2015, 11:36:29 PM
Considering it's a rumour I think it's going to be hard to get a definitive answer.

But I do think it's extremely plausible as the current Tram Tour position is what is stopping development of that area.  I think it's inevitable that it is either moved or removed in order to open up that land behind it.

It would be surely less disruptive to put a footbridge or tunnel under the tram tour to reach the land behind. The development of that land could actually take place with minimal disruption to the rest of the park, and even actually put a few extra bits facing onto the tram tour. Let's have a Mickey's Toon Town at DLRP

paterdave2

Quote from: DLRPWonders on January 26, 2015, 12:48:08 PM
I really wish people would stop taking ED92 seriously.
All it does is create chaos, false hope and confusion.
Some things that they post are true, but the things that are true have already been confirmed.
Most of it is just a bunch of wishes and hopes from the fanbase which they state as "being true" even though it isn't the slightest bit true.

This again, is also not something that is planned. At least not for this timeframe.
Ofcourse it is Disneyland Paris, so it might happen in the future.
But with all the major refurbs going on in the next 2 years they are most definitely not going to take on any more.

Sorry but than we don't need to believe DLP also.
ED92 told about Rattatouile, the clossuere of Big thunder mountain, Space mountain and also the refinance of DLP by WDC way before it was announced or even a rumour so give those gues a break will you. Even the guys at Disney and More told that they had info that was correct manny times. Allain of Disney and more sometimes even told that ED92 had contacts that were better than his so in my opinion that says a lot.

If it is a rumour or true I don't know but to say something like this I don't think is fair for a lot of info they do have correct.
Also we all know that the plans of relocating the tram tour station are some older plans so if they will do it in this timeframe I don't know.
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

daddyof2

I think as long as we state that rumours are just that, I'm happy for them to be posted here

polar vixen

I agree,  it's nice to get excited about Disney stuff,  to think about what may be,  the world won't end if it turns out not to be true

msRavenswood

Quote from: daddyof2 on January 26, 2015, 07:07:42 PM
I think as long as we state that rumours are just that, I'm happy for them to be posted here

Quote from: polar vixen on January 26, 2015, 07:30:12 PM
I agree,  it's nice to get excited about Disney stuff,  to think about what may be,  the world won't end if it turns out not to be true

Agreed!

Rocketeer

A proper reroute if the Tram Tour is long overdue. I understand why they placed it there for opening day, but it really should have been placed to the back of the property before now.

I guess its easier said than done, but surely there's enough room to place a turning loop and the tram station in the land by the Tower - with the attraction entrance located down that path between Moteurs and Café des Cascadeurs. However, that'd mean relocating the current car shed display, but that can easily go on the new route.

That would then free up the current tram station area to become a full length boulevard. And that's a lot of land - roughly the same distance from the entrance gates to the current tram tour entrance.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

KentDisney

They should just close it and be done with it, that ride represents everything that is wrong with the Studios park.

Surely a modern studios park should immerse you in your favourite movies and make you feel like you're there? There isn't much interest in seeing how a movie production studio works anymore, that's why Universal is shifting away from that very idea sto actually creating lands that make guests feel like they are in the movies!

Rocketeer

^I think for now, they need to keep hold of it. Just until they've padded out the ride roster to make it a full day park. No need to scrap attractions with high RPH unless there's something of equal capacity to replace it.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

polar vixen

We actuary quite enjoy it,  it may be a small part of the ride but the part with the fire burst abs the water coming over never fails to get us all laughing or shrieking,  and is nice cos the whole family can do it

KentDisney

Quote from: Rocketeer on January 29, 2015, 05:46:47 PM
^I think for now, they need to keep hold of it. Just until they've padded out the ride roster to make it a full day park. No need to scrap attractions with high RPH unless there's something of equal capacity to replace it.

I would usually agree, but the park can't really expand until that goes because it takes up the whole back portion of the park and blocks off expansion behind the attraction itself. They can't go out any further right towards Disneyland park or they'd be in Frontierland and if they go any further left on the other side they'd be on train tracks :(

Rocketeer

Quote from: KentDisney on February 01, 2015, 12:00:20 PM
I would usually agree, but the park can't really expand until that goes because it takes up the whole back portion of the park and blocks off expansion behind the attraction itself. They can't go out any further right towards Disneyland park or they'd be in Frontierland and if they go any further left on the other side they'd be on train tracks :(

They can however, move the entire route to go at the back of the current park boundaries. The attraction would then have to run anti-clockwise, instead of going to the Canyon first, the Reign set would have to be the first (which is better anyway as its such an anticlimax after the Canyon). The trams would then do the return loop after visiting the Canyon.

Naturally, that would mean a few tweaks for the narration etc., but that's easily sorted. Its due an update anyway.

It would appear that there's just enough room to relocate the tram station in the area that currently has the car props, with a new attraction entrance between the Café and Moteurs.

Also, there have been rumours that Paris will receive some of the props from the now closed Florida attraction, they can add those to the new route as distractions from the fact that there's nothing but countryside around.

A&S&O

Quote from: Rocketeer on February 01, 2015, 12:19:57 PM
Also, there have been rumours that Paris will receive some of the props from the now closed Florida attraction, they can add those to the new route as distractions from the fact that there's nothing but countryside around.

Which attraction closed in Florida?
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?