Paint the night parade for Paris?

Started by Spacepilot, May 03, 2015, 01:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spacepilot

Is there a chance (or even talks) the paint the night parade from Hongkong could come to Paris?
I love the original Main Street Electrical Parade, so this would be a good modern-day addition imo.

Anaheim gets it for it's 60th anniversary, so why not Paris for the 25th?
The parade is supposed to be quite short, so it would fit in nicely before dreams!

gavinng

I hope you guys get it. We got to see the preview in HKDL and we totally loved. We loved it so much we went back in Apr 2015 and got more merchandise like the Mickey Glove,Minnie Ears and one more paint brush. So now we have our own Paint the Night every other evening before the boys go to bed.

dazzle_v2003

This would be an amazing addition to the night time entertainment at DLP. I've watched it on Youtube and it's a magnificent parade. Great soundtrack and floats.  It would fit in the Studios park finally giving that park some nighttime entertainment plus a full parade once more.

frostie

Just watched it on YouTube. Wow!!!!!!
This would be fabulous in Paris.

DisneyGagaChick

andlorna

Who knows this might be a possibility in the near future, I hope it does come to Paris, Dreams is amazing adding this would be great for the resort. ;D ;D 
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

Spacepilot

I also watched it on youtube, not in it's entirety to keep at least some elements of surprise :-)
I loved the bit with Tinkerbell and the Main Street Electrical Parade theme. It would be perfect if we could get this in Paris as an addition to Dreams (not as a replacement). It would be nice to have a few additional floats themed not to Pixar but to traditional Disney classics, though.

In an article, I just read WDW will get the additional floats "Frozen Fractals" and "the drum".

As a Paris exclusive, they could do a giant float representing all the lands of the resort, with a gigantic Space Mountain cannon and the castle on top :-)

Ajiira

It's fantastic, we saw it in Tokyo Disneyland back in 2009 but i have to say nowhere near as magic as Dreams, so it would be a great addition not a replacement :)

Spacepilot

You probably saw the updated Version of msep, which is Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade: Dreamlights.
But I agree, Paint the night Should be an Addition, not a replacement for dreams.

DisneyfanGermany

Don't take Dreams away!

I would love to have this parade, maybe it could even tour through both parks (to save money, but I am not sure if that fits to Disney), but anyway, please give us this amazing parade in its own version!
Disneyland Paris: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 (Jan.), 2014 (March), 2014 (July), 2014 (Oct.), 2015 (Jan.)
Walt Disney World: 2004
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2014 (April)

future visits: Walt Disney World (July 2015)

Instagram: marc_leder
Instagram: disneyland_paris_photos

other theme park visits: Universal Singapore, Movie Park Germany, Legoland Germany, Fort Fun, and many others!

samuelvictor

We must keep Dreams it is so specific to Paris and intrinsic in keeping "our" castle as different (superior, in my opinion) to the others. It needs to be a permanent attraction, its probably the best addition of the last 5 years, even over Rartouille...

However I would absolutely love a nighttime light based parade as well, I think the loss of Fantilusion was a real shame. As others have suggested, a proper parade for the Studio Parks would really help improve its feeling as a "real" park  ;D

MickeyAteMyCap

Just watched a video of this and I think it would be a little bit of a disappointment if they don't do something at least similar for DLP's 25th. As others have said in the thread, it would be ideal for Walt Disney Studios.

rebecca20

I really hope so but I don't think it would be in the budget for the 25th.

It's such an amazing parade and I personally prefer night parades over dreams any day - controversial I know.

♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: rebecca20 on March 24, 2016, 01:21:09 PM
I really hope so but I don't think it would be in the budget for the 25th.

It's such an amazing parade and I personally prefer night parades over dreams any day - controversial I know.
Yeah, I think night parades are more magical. The light parade they had during the time of the 15th was brilliant IMO.