Golden Forest June Trip

Started by daverhemming, February 25, 2014, 02:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daverhemming

Hi.
me and the family (kids 8 & 5) are taking our first trip to Disney in June.  As Disneyland virgins what can we expect from Golden Forest at  Sequioa Lodge. What will the queues be like. We've got half board plus meal plan,  Any hints and tips whee to go where to eat.
All help will be appreciated.  We're there for a full 5 days as flight times are great

gemma2806

Firstly what a great choice staying in the Golden Forest, I did this with my family in November last year.

Upon arrival head to the Golden Forest check in area which is on your immediate left when you enter the hotel at the front. You will be checked in and if your room is available they will give you your room key and you can head straight up with your luggage. If your room is not ready they will keep your luggage for you and take this up to your room when it is available.  You will be given all your passes and vouchers etc so you can head straight to the parks if you want. If it's your first visit I recommend you explore the hotel, locate the pool and the lounge etc. You can use the lounge immediately and this saves a fortune on drinks as you can take bottled water into the parks for nothing from here or cans of pop if you don't mind carrying them!

The rooms are lovely and well equipped for your stay. If there is anything you want changing or you are missing just use the room phone to call reception. Breakfast is brilliant as you arrive anytime to eat and the area is nice and quiet with daily characters which are a lovely start to the mornings.

If you can, use EMH which allow you to enter the parks as a guest up to 2 hours early and as it is nice and quiet you can get some of the longer queue rides done in very little time.

My favourite restaurants to eat in are Rainforest Cafe, Cafe Mickey (for breakfast), La Grange, Annette's Diner and Planet Hollywood in Disney Village and Walt's, Blue Lagoon and Plaza Gardens Restaurant in the Disneyland Park.

If it's a nice clear day take a trip in Panoramagique the hot air balloon on Lake Disney for a wonderful birds eye view of the area.

My only other recommendation is try to have a rough daily plan on what to do so as to maximise your time in the parks.

Have a fantastic trip! ;D

daverhemming

Gemma,
thanks for the info,  I can't wait.  We haven't told the kids yet and will suprise them on the morning we go.

Aurora1

GFC has Tea Time in the afternoon! I think at 4pm, it was!
We`ll be staying there again in octobre. I`m really looking forward to it!
Have a great trip!

laylanmummyluvdisney

Hi were if gf in june as well so this has been quite helpful too thank you all
Hotel New York                          September 2005
Sequioa Lodge                 June 2014
Cheyenne                   October 2015

**************next trip************
Santa Fe             September 2017

daverhemming

We're there 17th for 5 nights cant wait

daddyof2

I echo the point about having a plan - if there's a certain ride or attraction you really want to do, then go for that on your first full day, taking advantage of the EMH. Over the 5 days, you should have chance to do pretty much anything you want. As your kids are a bit older than mine, they'll probably be able to put up with a late (2pm) lunch, which is likely to mean a quieter restaurant. Though it's been a long time since my only visit, I'd recommend you try Walt's restaurant

laylanmummyluvdisney

We may cross paths then we arrive the 22nd
Hotel New York                          September 2005
Sequioa Lodge                 June 2014
Cheyenne                   October 2015

**************next trip************
Santa Fe             September 2017