Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror.

Started by Kindlegirl 2014, February 25, 2014, 05:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindlegirl 2014

How fast does The Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror plunging down. I seen kids as young 3 on the ride form YouTube videos, if it suitable for 3 years old and over. Also I seen on telegraph website that and 12 boy from Argentina was paralysed after riding this ride I worried that happen to me or my mum, Also I seen from this forum that there was an fire inside this too.

Also what mean says guests plunge 199ft in and "Prepare yourself for a mind-blowing adrenalin rush The ascent is followed by a dizzying drop faster than the speed of gravity. · The abyss awaits you – Drop in if you dare!," the park tells visitors on its website.

The reason I am asking is because want to ride this ride.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...of-Terror.html

DisneyManiac

Well I am getting excited to go on the Tower of Terror for the first time. Unfortunately as I haven't rode the attraction I can only give some pointers, the chances of getting paralysed on the ride is unlikely to happen, although I can't guarantee that it won't definitely happen, look at the Ride Restrictions on the DLP Official Site. A 3 year old could ride, but as I don't have a 3 year old, I don't know plus the child maybe too small to ride.

I see your worrying about quite a lot of things which is okay, now considering the fire, after reading the thread, the fire was treated and I think was open later that day but Cast Members treated the event like a drill and blocked the entrance to the Hotel.   

danogian

The height restriction for this ride is 102cm, which for an average (50th percentile) boy is about 3 years and 10 months, but could be as much as a year younger or older for especially tall or short children. My little boy first did it at 5 and absolutely loved it.

The reason it says "faster than gravity" is because it is - the lift car doesn't just drop under it's own weight, there are cables attached to the underside that pull it downwards faster than it would fall on it's own.

This really is one of the best rides at DLP, not just because of the thrill of the ride, but the back story and attention to detail from the queue line through the setup and the CM speech / safety check all go to make it one of the most memorable theme park rides there are.

Previous Visits:
Oct 2011 - Santa Fé - 3 nights
Oct 2012 - Cheyenne - 3 nights
Apr 2014 - Sequoia Lodge - 4 nights
Jun 2015 - Sequoia Lodge (GFC) - 4 nights

never2old

The TOT is one of the best rides in the whole of DLP.

The theming is amazing. The best in the Studios (at least until Ratatoille opens) and for me personally, in terms of the resort, it's only second to POTC. The queue outside, the lobby (the lobby is one of my favourite places in the whole of DLP!!), the library and the boiler room (not to mention the outside bits). This is what Disney Imagineering is all about. The first time I did the ride I was so busy trying to see every single detail that I forgot to worry about what would happen once I was in the lift itself!!

The ride itself is very exhilarating. The drop is about 50 meters I think; as danogian said it's faster than a freefall; I don't know if when they pull you back up it's the same speed or not, but it definitely feels like it, it's really just as thrilling going down as it is going up. For a moment there your body doesn't know where it's going, it's brilliant!!

Unfortunately accidents can happen anywhere, personally I don't find the TOT a particularly violent ride, and you cannot rule out that the child who was paralised didn't already have a pre existing condition that was made worse by the ride. If the ride was fully responsible for the accident, I'm sure Disney would have closed it. They're not going to take any chances with something like that!!