Staying at DCR and unsure of meal plans

Started by Daddydan8, January 10, 2014, 12:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddydan8

Hi ya - I am looking to book our first holiday to DLP for me, my partner and 3 kids.

We are looking to stay at the DCR but we are tempted by the half board meal 'plus' plan for us all.

The one think I am unsure about is how the breakfast will work - where can we go for this and what is classed as breakfast. Does anyone know the answer to this or had any experince in staying at DCR and having any of the meal plans?

Many thanks for any help and advice!

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: Daddydan8 on January 10, 2014, 12:47:06 PM
Hi ya - I am looking to book our first holiday to DLP for me, my partner and 3 kids.

We are looking to stay at the DCR but we are tempted by the half board meal 'plus' plan for us all.

The one think I am unsure about is how the breakfast will work - where can we go for this and what is classed as breakfast. Does anyone know the answer to this or had any experince in staying at DCR and having any of the meal plans?

Many thanks for any help and advice!

DCR sadly isn't included in the breakfast options, the only other option than making your own is to goto one of the hotels and pay.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

polar vixen

You've got 4 options basically,
1) book nothing, take food stuffs in your car, you can buy fresh baguettes and croissants in the shop on site which are very reasonable, even jam and butter etc. 
2) You can pay 6 Euros for breakfast per person, you book this on arrival, you get a carton of milk per party, a snack-size juice carton each, a rustic-style French baguette(not pleasant in my opinion ,m very dry), butter, jam, choc spread, a croissant, and a pout of apple puree (like baby apple sauce) It's not really bad value for money, but it depends on what your family likes, we preferred to take our own jam n butter etc n get 6 warm croissants for 6 euro, and a massive proper baguette for 1.90 which was enough for our family of 6. 
3) If you buy any meal plan, you automatically get breakfast included anyway.
4) Choose where you want to eat breakfast, we ate twice at the Disneyland hotel, 14 Euros an adult, 7 a child, and it was fantastic!  Nice to be able to take in the ambience, it wasn't crazyily packed, the were characters outside and the breakfast buffet was AMAZING!  Cold meats, fresh fruit, all your typical hot breakfast items, pastries, cereal, juices, gorgeous little danishes and doughnuts with pots of jam and acacia honey and maple syrup, We spent about an hour and a half there on breakfast and didn't need to eat until late afternoon.  Better than having a lunch in the park. (I'd recommend this even if you have a meal plan, and then use your davy crockett breakfast items for lunch just as a treat one day!
Have a great time, and always check out aroud the shop at davy crockett, there's often a character to be found somewhere, and the pony rides aren't bad too!