Help us protect Town Square Photography

Started by Jeff.ED92, December 11, 2013, 11:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGRavenswood

Quote from: Trekkie101 on December 12, 2013, 09:56:43 PM
You don't think a shop named Town Square Photohgraphy, in the last three years should have had a small stand, even counter top unit, selling camera storage, in possibly one of the most photographed locations in Europe?

It's not like the Mickey plushes aren't available in every other shop location park wide, we wouldn't lose anything else.

Also people do buy them at destinations, I certainly do, across the pond they certainly sell them in park, and a memory card isn't a novelty that wears off, people do consume them.

The thing is just that people don't "consume" them like they did film rolls, for example. You can re-use memory cards. But I didn't say nobody bought them, only not enough people... When the shop opened in 1992, they sold film rolls, cameras, accessories, batteries and Kodak prints produced on site. Enough to warrant an entire shop. Nowadays most guests take photos with their cell phones and the demand for all those items has dropped drastically. The departure of their sponsor is just one small part of the problem.

In the end it doesn't really matter what I think – they used to sell memory cards and obviously it didn't work for them. Unless you believe that they would rip out an entire shop on a whim.

Finally, from what I read online the shop won't sell generic Mickey plushes but will be dedicated to their line of Paris-related products... which they're already selling in there, by the way, only that they have nothing whatsoever to do with the shop's story or theme. So if they can't sell products to fit the shop's story I'll wait and see if they can successfully change the story to match the products.

Like I said, I love Town Square Photography but we won't get the shop back in its prime so maybe it's better to move on...
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

Labyrinth

InsideDLparis: Town Square Photography is officially closed

Feb 2007- Hotel Newport Bay
April 2013- Sequoia Lodge

fiyero

Quote from: Labyrinth on January 19, 2014, 07:01:33 PM
InsideDLparis: Town Square Photography is officially closed
That's a shame, I'm there a week today and was hoping for a last visit

Magicpartytime

Why is it closed ?
This Shop belong to standard at (american) Disneyparks.