Old traces of Disneyland Paris

Started by CentralPlazaPerson, May 27, 2012, 04:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little mermaid 240

Hi
The horse drawn trams were running on the 9th and 10th June 2012 but only until lunch time about every 5 or 10 mins or so! The horses were very cute!
Little Mermaid x

Handy Andy

There were 2 running on Sunday. I think they stop at lunch time due to the Celebration Train.
Magical Wishes
Andy

jenniedisney

I am ALL for finding little pieces of Disney history around the park!

Many things have already been said in this thread.
Another nod to an "old name" is over in discovery land. The fastpass sign for space mountain has a "DM" on it, as a nod to the rides original name "Discovery Mountain".
Also the building next door, videopolis, has 2 LARGE circular windows potrouding from the side facing space mountain. I believe these were to be a walkway to somewhere.......never really found this one out.
Been going to Disney since October 1992.
Hotels Stayed in:
Cheyenne 1992
Disneyland Hotel 1993-Present
Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel Castle Club 2007,2008,2010,2011,2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Millennium Celebration 1999-2000 in Disneyland Hotel

WDW Cast Member 2016-2017
Stayed in EVERY resort on property

Josh

Quote from: "jenniedisney"Also the building next door, videopolis, has 2 LARGE circular windows potrouding from the side facing space mountain. I believe these were to be a walkway to somewhere.......never really found this one out.
This is the original Discovery Mountain: :)

Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

isani

While waiting for the construction of Space Mountain, the plan was to use the round windows as a secondary entrance to Videopolis. This was actually built. There was a very short-lived staircase leading up to Videopolis. When Michael Eisner saw that it was blocking the view to Star Tour, he ordered it dismantled. Two planters were built where the stairs stood, and the entryway was covered with windows.

Josh

Wow. I never knew that. XD I always thought they where the places they were going to build supports for the tunnels.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

isani

Welcome to the Café des Visionnaires! Or not, because these days this is a closed-off backstage area for Buzz Lightyear.

It's a shame that such a grand entrance serves no purpose. And what really makes me sad is the post that's clearly supposed to have something on top of it. You can't quite tell from this photo, but there was a bit of electric cable sticking out.

Magic M

Isn't there an old Mexican adobe building in Frontierland that used to be a Pin Trading kiosk that has stood empty for years?

isani

Agrabah Cafe still contains signs (literally) of its past as a retail area. Note that Aladdin's lamp and Genie have a different design than in the Disney movie. The movie premiered a few months after the park opening. The next year, the Aladdin walk-through attraction was built in the now-familiar movie style.

Kristof

Quote from: "Magic M"Isn't there an old Mexican adobe building in Frontierland that used to be a Pin Trading kiosk that has stood empty for years?

Actually they're using Pueblo Trading Post again as a Pin Trading Station since a few years. It's usually open in the weekends.

Photos: http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/d ... ding-post/

Patrick89

Quote from: "Kristof"
Quote from: "Magic M"Isn't there an old Mexican adobe building in Frontierland that used to be a Pin Trading kiosk that has stood empty for years?

Actually they're using Pueblo Trading Post again as a Pin Trading Station since a few years. It's usually open in the weekends.

I still remember digging for gold nuggets somewhere in Frontierland, I think it was at Pueblo Trading Post. Can someone confirm that?

Quote from: "isani"Agrabah Cafe still contains signs (literally) of its past as a retail area. Note that Aladdin's lamp and Genie have a different design than in the Disney movie. The movie premiered a few months after the park opening. The next year, the Aladdin walk-through attraction was built in the now-familiar movie style.

It's a pity this area is no longer available except for guests of the Agrabah Cafe.
Secure all cargo, all passengers aboard!

---------------------------------------------

Bring back the moon!

Kristof

Quote from: "Patrick89"
Quote from: "Kristof"

I still remember digging for gold nuggets somewhere in Frontierland, I think it was at Pueblo Trading Post. Can someone confirm that?

Quote from: "isani"Agrabah Cafe still contains signs (literally) of its past as a retail area. Note that Aladdin's lamp and Genie have a different design than in the Disney movie. The movie premiered a few months after the park opening. The next year, the Aladdin walk-through attraction was built in the now-familiar movie style.

It's a pity this area is no longer available except for guests of the Agrabah Cafe.

Yes indeed, they used to do this at Pueblo Trading Post. Good memory!  :thumbs:

Thaliel

Don't have a pic, but I think you can still see where the mail ofice in Disney Village used to be. All that is left of it is the money exhange booth, but it used to be a real office where you could buy stamps and send you letters/postcards to friends and family at home
<-Plz click

isani

Quote from: "Thaliel"it used to be a real office where you could buy stamps and send you letters/postcards to friends and family at home

Oh, I remember that! 20 years ago, I sent a postcard home from that same post office.