Old traces of Disneyland Paris

Started by CentralPlazaPerson, May 27, 2012, 04:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentralPlazaPerson

I'm not sure if there is already a topic on this... but here we go!

Does anyone know any traces of rides, attractions, signs, restaurants, kiosks, hotel interior or more in the resort that shouldn't be there any more or that is currently lying disused or vacant?

One comes to mind, the loading dock for the Indian Canoe boats that had a short life span. Unfortunately I never got the chance to have a go on this attraction  :(

Photo from http://www.photosmagiques.com

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

i don't know if it's still there... but there was an "old mill" ferris wheel attraction in fantasyland which wasn't used for years... i think i read that they removed it for the 20th anniversary. but I'm not sure... ôo
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

Spacepilot

I was there last weekend.
The mill is still there. But the ferris wheel on the back has completly dissappeard. :(
Anyone knows why?

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Quote from: "Spacepilot"I was there last weekend.
The mill is still there. But the ferris wheel on the back has completly dissappeard. :(
Anyone knows why?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Piroue ... eux_Moulin

this is all i found out about it^^ :?
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

esmeralda

So sad!! I really enjoyed the ride. You had a great view over Casey Jr. and le pays des contes...
Julia

EthanR

I remember wondering why it was never open, it would have offered a beautiful view of the park and especially the castle! Shame.
Disneyland is a work of love. We didn\'t go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money.
-Walt Disney

D23 Geek

CentralPlazaPerson

I think I read somewhere that it had a slow moving queue and that may have contributed to it...

CentralPlazaPerson

I believe an old friend of ours from le Visionarium still can be seen in Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast. I've witnessed it from my own eyes!!

Scissorsboi

Yeah Nine Eye is living inside Buzz Lightyear, and there are rumours of the moon from Space Mountain living on inside Space Mountain Mission 2, however I've never managed to catch it with my own eyes! The Old Mill was closed as said due to poor capacity, and it's actually nice to see that they've removed the ride part now, because it just made an area of the park which is often closed anyway, look even more abandoned!

At Halloween the big skull with smoking eyes that usually sits in Frontierland (but was at the top of Main Street one year!) used to be a float in a Halloween pre-parade.

If you go on the train there is a clearing behind Indiana Jones with a Jeep/tent in it, that is a nod to the Indiana Jones dark ride which was planned but never went ahead.
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

CentralPlazaPerson

Thanks for sharing, those are very interesting!

isani

Here's a tiny touch of history:

The lanterns outside Colonel Hathi's still read "EC" for "Explorers' Club", the original restaurant at this location.

CentralPlazaPerson

Sweet!!

Does anyone know where abouts on Space Mountain you can see the old moon?

Thaliel

Quote from: "CentralPlazaPerson"Sweet!!

Does anyone know where abouts on Space Mountain you can see the old moon?

not sure, but it may have been made into an asteroid (at least that would make sense)

Some things I miss and not know if they still exist are the horse-drawn cars on Main street...haven't seen any since 2007 or so.

As for really original parts is concerned, what about the Grand Canyon diorama? It has noticeably aged by now, but I still enjoy it as a part of the traditional train ride around the park
<-Plz click

never2old

The original name Euro Disneyland is still very much present around the railroad, mostly in its name and logo (Euro Disneyland Railroad)

but also around the Main Street station, like here on top of the  clock

or here in this poster:

captain rocket

The horse drawn tram still operates on Main Street, I saw it when I was there on the 20th birthday. When I have seen it operating it is always in the morning!