Hercules

Started by gingajen, April 06, 2011, 04:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gingajen

Hello again,
My soon to be 6 year old daughter has always loved Hercules, nearly as much as I do  ;)  but it always seems to be a bit neglected in the Disney Stores in the UK, I tried in vain to get a Meghara doll for Christmas, but nowhere sold them new and ebay was a joke!
Does DLRP have any areas specific to Hercules or merchandise? We last went a couple of years ago and she wasn't that 'into' Hercules at that point so it didn't occur to look. It seems she gets interested in all of the films that are not as 'popular', such as Hercules, so I have a nightmare trying to track down memorablia for her!

thebritishfrog

Hi there,

I haven't seen any personally but a good contact would be disney's mail order service...

0033 (0) 164744848 or mailto:dlp.mail.order@disney.com">dlp.mail.order@disney.com

Hope this helps.
:-)
The British Frog
//http://www.thebritishfrog.com
Connecting people who would like to visit France with people who live there!

Teacup

No, sadly Disneyland is very lacking in Hercules.
Another suggestion I can make though if you are comitted to tracking down merchandise is to try a memorabilia fair at a convention centre if you are anywhere near one.
I managed to find an entire set of Hercules pin badges and toys last time I ventured to one, and got very excited.
Previous stays
Santa Fe September 1999
Cheyenne November 2002
Sequoia Lodge September 2010
New York July 2011
Magic Circus September 2012

gingajen

Thank you for the suggestions. It is a shame that Hercules is so under represented because I think it is one of the funniest and most clever of all Disney films. Plus the music is fabulous!
Teacup, I will keep an eye out for a memorabilia fayre, but until then, I will keep scouring ebay!

Josh

Actually, it is really weird that they don't have Hercules or Meg characters in any of the parks.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

_Natalie_x

I think at the Disney Store we have Hercules pins..? Maybe about 1. :L i agree though, Hercules is amazing, they should definitely have more merch!!!
Peter pan things are lacking greatly also! Not tinkerbell, shes everywhere, but Peter himself.. the only thing I ever found in DLP was this plush which was extremely ugly so i didn't want it :( haha!
hope you find something, and your daughter likes something mainstream next time..! :p x
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

gingajen

I think there is one pin, with Hades on if I remember correctly, but what she really wanted was a Meg doll. I asked at our Disney Store and she said, if/when Hercules is re-released, they may bring out new merchandise to go with it, but until then, there is nothing.

15MagicalYears

That's a shame, Hercules isn't currently in the Vault to be re-released. Have you tried international Ebay?

gingajen

I did around Christmas time as I wanted to get her a Meg doll for Christmas, but they were stupidly expensive! I haven't looked on there for a while though, mainly because I thought it would be fairly easy to get something from the park. I will start browsing I think. I did manage to get a plush baby Pegasus about 12 months ago for a good price, so the items do come up from time to time.

fly_with_me_dumbo

i just looked on ebay and there is a meg doll at £2 odd has 9 days left but you never know!
try your local carboots too :D
and a hair and necklace set on amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hercules-Neckla ... 231&sr=1-5
quite cute for a little girl

gingajen

Quote from: "fly_with_me_dumbo"i just looked on ebay and there is a meg doll at £2 odd has 9 days left but you never know!
try your local carboots too :D
and a hair and necklace set on amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hercules-Neckla ... 231&sr=1-5
quite cute for a little girl
Thanks so much for that, I will be getting her the Meg set from Amazon, it looks quite nice.

Elaine

Quote from: "Meph"Actually, it is really weird that they don't have Hercules or Meg characters in any of the parks.

We met Meg (the only time I have ever seen her) at DLP in October Halloween season 2008.

Elaine