Workplacements at disney

Started by Gareth, September 28, 2009, 07:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cendrillon

Good luck! I'm waiting to hear from them too, so fingers crossed for both of us!

I know you didn't ask me, but I think if you're successful, you have to attend Traditions as does every Cast Member and then they give you a couple of days of orientation where you do trials and training for your specific job? And then yeah, you're basically thrown straight in!

Have you applied for the summer program or the year-long one?

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: "Cendrillon"Good luck! I'm waiting to hear from them too, so fingers crossed for both of us!

I know you didn't ask me, but I think if you're successful, you have to attend Traditions as does every Cast Member and then they give you a couple of days of orientation where you do trials and training for your specific job? And then yeah, you're basically thrown straight in!

Have you applied for the summer program or the year-long one?

yeh good luck you too =] and i have applied for the summer one =] how about you?
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

_Natalie_x

Hello sorry ive tried to skim through all your posts but im abit tired so its not making much sence to me right now :p

are we saying there is no kind of work placement you can do in DLRP?
Im not at uni but I did french in A-Level so something in Paris would be ideal!
im not sure if it has to be through educational means tho.. :/  im just trying to get in for performing but its not working great at the mo! :( lolx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

stepintothepink

Quote from: "SwipatronSparks"t i didnt put a cover letter on... i just filled out the application... it didnt ask for a cover letter just a copy of my CV... =/ i got an email pretty much as soon as i sent it off... and it said i will hear from them in 4 - 6 weeks so heres to hopeing they call me with good news...

@stepintothepink... i m guessing you have been on the programme because of your previous posts... how does it go once you get there, like... do they give you a few days just to explore the parks and things to get yourself orientated... basically i am asking if they just pretty much throw you in at the deep end or do they help you get settled in (still not sure if thats how i needed to word what i want to know... but hopefully you will get what i mean)

Just to check, you are talking about the WDW programme?

First day you arrive, get your room allocation and are left to unpack/go to walmart etc. There's a few days of orientation where you go fill in forms, go to talks about the housing and banking and then you get your work assignment. You'll know what area (merchanside, quick service food etc) you'll be working in before you go, but you won't know where in the resort. You'll also find out when your Traditions class is.

I think Traditions is a day or two after this, which is when you'll get your cast member pass, then you're free to go to the parks!! This was about 4 days after arrival. With your work location assignment, you'll probably get your work timetable, so you'll know what training you have and where. My first lot was a class and walking tour of where I was working with a big group. After that we all picked up our costumes and then my first day of on the job training was the next day. You tend to have 2-3 days of on the job training.

SwipatronSparks

yeah i was talking about the WDW one =] thanks for all the info =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

Cendrillon

Quote from: "SwipatronSparks"yeh good luck you too =] and i have applied for the summer one =] how about you?

Yeah, I also applied for the summer 2011 one. Just got an email inviting me to a telephone interview, so really nervous now!

@Natalie: As far as I know, WDW is the only resort which offers this kind of experience as a programme but there would definitely be no harm in contacting DLRP and letting them know your situation and explaining that you'd be interested in doing some work there! They could then get back to you about positions which are open and the sort of experience they can provide.