DLRP Innovations

Started by Riebi, November 15, 2008, 02:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

Today under the shower I got a question in my (sleepy cause too early) mind: What are innovations of DLRP? Which things had DLRP first? So I´m very interested in all Innovations Made by DLRP (IMD for Baloo). Some of them are now also in other parks around the world but others are unique till today.

Some out of my mind:

The Castle-Cake-Make-Over in 1993
Moteurs Action Stunt Show
The Christmas Lights all over the castle
Arcades at Main Street
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

never2old

The Space Mountain was the first to have the synchronised soundtrack system thingy...

Discoveryland is exclusive to DLRP (the other parks have Tomorrowland)

The soundtrack in It's a small world, recorded in the different languages around Europe, was also new for DLRP, I think now it's used in other parks as well

Kristof

The Pizza Burger!  DLRP has a patent on that.  :mrgreen:

And our Main Street, U.S.A. music loop with upbeat music in the morning and slower music in the evening was copied after the park opened to the other parks.

Willow

First Disney rollercoaster that has inversions?

DLRP has 7 inversions.
Rest of the World has 1 inversion.

Kristof

Most hotels on opening day!

Maarten

-The first bricked Main Street. The newest Main Street in Hong Kong also contains bricks, while the other versions (including World Bazaar in Tokyo) use asphalt/concrete.

-The first hot air baloon in a Disney Resort ever: Panoramagique at Disney Village. Walt Disney World will also introduce a hot air baloon in Downtown Disney in a few months.

-I'm not sure about this one, but I thought Paris introduced the first rubberhead who was able to blink with his eyes and move his mouth (at least in a Disney park): Timon in "The Legend of the Lion King". A show called "Dream-Along with Mickey" at Walt Disney World uses similar figures nowadays.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "Kristof"The Pizza Burger!  DLRP has a patent on that.  :mrgreen:

:P  =P~

-Space Mountain is the only SM to have inversions.
-POTC has a different layout to some of the parks, not sure if it's all of them though.
-Duelling Pirates in POTC.
-Talking Timon in the Legend of the Lion King show (later stolen by WDW for the famous five :roll: ).
-Our design for the TOT (it may have opened in DCA first, but the design was made for our WDS park).
-The Dragon is unique to us as well.
-And of course, how could we forget our castles design, which remains unique to us still today (WDW & TDL have the same castle, and DL & HKDL share the same castle as well)

Riebi

More:

- [strike:1dt5epct]Molly Brown as first (and only) sidewheeler[/strike:1dt5epct] (Admiral Joe Fowler at WDW???)
- first labyrinth in a disney park
- first hotel at the entrance of a disney park
- Bluetooth waiting time list at your mobile phone
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Owain

Quote from: "Maarten"-The first bricked Main Street. The newest Main Street in Hong Kong also contains bricks, while the other versions (including World Bazaar in Tokyo) use asphalt/concrete.

Thats something i love about MS USA, that its bricked  :). Imagine it just being concrete !  :shock:

Kristof

Quote-I'm not sure about this one, but I thought Paris introduced the first rubberhead who was able to blink with his eyes and move his mouth (at least in a Disney park): Timon in "The Legend of the Lion King". A show called "Dream-Along with Mickey" at Walt Disney World uses similar figures nowadays.

I was told that Festival of the Lion King in WDW had this feature first, but the costume was shipped to Paris when the show was introduced, but I can't confirm this.

Willow

First Video Information Boards.
The different types of UV paint that were invented when making Animagique.
Crush's Coaster is the only new generation spinning coaster at Disney.

There's loads more, we could all go on for ages.

Patrick

First circlevision attraction to use an animatronic as the host :wink:

Pumpkinmen originated in Paris and stolen for wdw mickey's not so scary party :lol: .