2-in-1 Park Guide launches

Started by Anthony, July 21, 2008, 07:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Haven't seen this mentioned here yet. DLRP Today.com reports...

» 2 Parks, 1 Plan - Meet the new, single park map

Several months in the planning and design, yesterday saw the launch of a brand new park map ready for the Summer season. As expected for a while now, big changes lie in store for us. There are no more "Little Park Guides" and no more blue or pink covers. No longer will each park have its own, unique leaflet to guide you around.

Meet the new... Plan des Parcs. Two park maps... in one.

What do you think?

-breeno-

Yeah i seen that in my trip last week, still have it actually only mine is in much a worse state than that one :lol:  I think it's a good idea to have both being your not having to pull out two maps at the same time but its kinda annoying that the back of it is upside down to the other part, or is it just me?
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Katie-Sparrow

I liked the little park maps much better. x
[size=200]Princess Katie[/size]

BlueClouds

Yeah I found it annoying having one side upside-down. I preferred it cos I didn't need to worry about which park map I was pulling out. However, downsides are it's bigger than the small guides (obviously) so I needed to fold it up to fit in my pocket, making it more bulky, and it got worn out a lot faster than the single ones did. (even though I hardly use the maps)
Yo ho, Haul together, hoist the colours high
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, Never shall we die!

Anthony

Generally I like it too. It makes sense to promote the attractions at WDS like that to people who might only have been planning to visit DLP. They see interesting things like Crush and RNRC that they wouldn't have known about, and might want to visit.

The big downside for me though is that they've cut the descriptions for pretty much ALL the attractions. How are people meant to even begin to guess what each of them "does"?

never2old

Of course I havent seen the actual maps yet, but in general I like the idea! Before I had to carry aroud the 2 park maps and the 2 guides - now it will just be 1 guide and 1 map!

I think the map looks good - but I'll make up my mind in 1 month when I get to check it out for myself!

15MagicalYears

I love the maps but as baloo said, I'm not so sure about the no descirption as my sister will not go on something unless I give her a detailed discription.
But anyway, they look good.

Riebi

I have no big problems with this 2 in one thing. It´s nice to advert a bit the other park (depending on the angel  :arrow: Disneyland Park or  :arrow: Walt Disney Studios)

But must say: Short discriptions aren´t really a good thing for the first time visitors.

My dream would be to have again this little guide (as in the first years). Could be one for two parks but with many discriptions of all attractions and restaurant aaaand boutiques! Loved it so much!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

pussinboots

Not properly describing Pirates of the Caribbean is a mistake. You wouldn't believe how many people walk up to the Cast Member at the entrance and ask if it's "just a show".

And I loved those old guide maps too, Riebi. Boy, were they detailed. Two pages per land!

Nicholas-c

so is it the same size as the old maps or not ? anyone got a side-by-side of the new and old ?
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Anthony

Quote from: "Nicholas-c"so is it the same size as the old maps or not ? anyone got a side-by-side of the new and old ?
It's the same size as the park guides pre...... 2003 maybe? When they started making them more "pocket size". This one is the same regular leaflet size as the park guides for the other resorts. Folded out, it's the same width but about 50% taller than the old maps.

Another thing that looks bad is that whilst you get restaurants for each land in DLP listed out in their own sections, WDS needs just one section... the same size as Adventureland. :|

Quote from: "Riebi"My dream would be to have again this little guide (as in the first years). Could be one for two parks but with many discriptions of all attractions and restaurant aaaand boutiques! Loved it so much!
Yes! A pictorial guide to the parks with full descriptions and information for everything would be great. I'm guessing they'd sell it if they did one now, but make it a bit flashier and it'd be a nice souvenir for a couple of euros.

They could sell it as you walk into the park, like when you go to the theatre and buy a programme. Most tourist attractions have a proper guidebook and ask if you want one when you buy your tickets. DLRP actually seem to be missing a trick there, for people who want more than just the basic listing.

Nala_84

I've read this on dlrptoday...

Seems so big :(! So there'll never be 2 extra guides again, will there?
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Riebi

To give you some hope:

Never say never  :mrgreen:

They changed their maps/guides in the past why not in the future:

First we had this little wonderful and much detailed guides
then a bigger map
then a smaller map
now a two in one map
.....and now it´s time to make our wish and come back to the basics with the future in our eyes: A two in one detailed guide which connect the guides of the first years and the two in one issues! [-o<

dream with me a bit!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

15MagicalYears

I'm dreaming with you Reibi,  [-o<
And Anthony I would be interested in buying one of the Guide books if ever they decided too.  :mrgreen: