ISLAND FESTIVAL at Disney Village

Started by Riebi, May 07, 2008, 01:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

From the Disneyland website:

QuoteFrom 24 May to 1st June

Disney Village will carry its Guests away to the heart of Indian and Pacific island tradition. This festival will reunite concerts and entertainment straight from Mauritius, Rodrigues and Moorea...

ANIMATIONS
Traditional Dance
Experience a change of scenery through the traditional music and costume which highlight this folkloric show.

TRADITIONAL MARKET
As they stroll among the shops, guests will be carried away by the exotic savours and smells of tropical tradition. Spices, honey and crafts from faraway islands will charm our guests.

Seems to be a small and nice festival with some folkloric beats.

There´s also a smal video at the Disneyland Paris site:

http://international.disney-village.dis ... ndex.xhtml
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

davewasbaloo

This looks like fun.  It looks like the kind of stuff they used to do at Disneyland's Adventureland. If i had the time, I would go.
since 2001 (many before that)

Soap

Love those little extra's! Great effort Disney  =D>
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Kristof

Hehe, they had this last year as well.  It was hilarious.  There was this native guy who was going to perform a song.  It turned out he was just singing along with his cd, but they had put on the wrong song so kept on going *wrong track* *wrong track*... Afterwards he went to everyone in the crowd and asked to buy his cd...  

Last September there was an identical event in Paris town with the very same guy...

Kristof

I dug up a few photos from last year.

Kristof

And a few more:  :D

Riebi

:lol: I wish I could be there only for the famous Manu!  :lol:  :lol:

But I hope the rest of the festival has some "charm". I liked the little netvideo at the dlrp site with the drum beats and dancing people around.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...