1.2 Billion dollar for DCA , what about our WDS?

Started by Japper, August 29, 2007, 12:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Japper

So the imagineers plan to fix DCA with a very very large budget! Some big changes are coming. Check //http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al082807a.htm for some details.

But my question is , why does DCA get such a large budget? Compared to the budget we get with our wds , is that huge! After their placemaking the WDS will be the only 'ugly' disney park.

Are they just not not seeing the park or??

Sorry for the bad english

Patrick

WDS is not in complete Disney control.  But Toon Studio and Hollywood Boulevard should and have changed the less crowded trend lately.  WDS also is a Studio theme park and just needs extra themeing added, not complete buildings torn out and redone.  The thing is EuroDisney SCA own the majority of the resort, meaning that to get money they have to restructure their bank debts, such as happened in 2005.  For this reason Disney will never just invest billions into Paris.  Plus who said wds was the ugliest disney park, may be the smallest but not completely ugly.

Owain

I think Walt Disney Studios would never be the ugliest park, but i think Disney just leaves that park out all the time. Seems that all there doing is spending money on DCA to make it a better park even though i dont think its working.

Kristof

Japper, the answer is actually very simple!  DCA's budget is being funded by the Walt Disney Co.  While in Paris, it has to be payed by Euro Disney SCA.  And I'm sure I don't have to explain why they can't afford 1.2 billion dollars...  :wink:

Japper

Quote from: "PATMAGIC"Plus who said wds was the ugliest disney park, may be the smallest but not completely ugly.

Well , when I walked through DCA , one of the things I thought was:

"If they think this is ugly , what the hell are they going to think about our WDS?!"

Okay , the Paradise Pire area is ugly , but the river rapids area is just awesome!

Kristof

Off topic for one moment about DCA: I don't think ugliness is the real problem at DCA, it's the "story behind the park" (the modern California approach) that doesn't pull in guests.  They're now going to make it more Victorian, more Disneyland Park-ish and re-launch the park to pull in more California residents who seem to avoid the park at all costs.
It's just a matter of reputation, if you ask me.

And now: back on topic about the WDS budget.

Japper

Quote from: "raptor1982"Japper, the answer is actually very simple!  DCA's budget is being funded by the Walt Disney Co.  While in Paris, it has to be payed by Euro Disney SCA.  And I'm sure I don't have to explain why they can't afford 1.2 billion dollars...  :wink:

I get that . But after all , isn't their one big company behind all the parks? That does see the financiel trouble and the WDS park? After all , it is a park with a Disney name on it.. so if it has a bad name , it doesn't only represent paris but disney itself right?

Whoknew?

I thought this aswell. I mean I know that Tokyo Disneyland Resort is not owned by the walt disney company, i thought with Disneyland Paris they didn't wanted to make the same mistake twice. It's a pity that there is an institution inbetween anyway.  :cry: