Castle Stage

Started by esmeralda, July 19, 2007, 12:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esmeralda

Do you all remember the wonderful show "Le livre magique de Mickey" in front of the castle? It was replaced by "Winnie the Pooh". But what's coming next??? Did anybody hear or read anything?
Julia

Kristof

For now it will just be used as a Princess meet 'n' greet location.

esmeralda

I know! It's a meet 'n greet location since winnie moved to festival stage. I think the shows are as moch important as the parades and attractions are. Don't you think?  I really hope they're planning a new show! Tarzan is also running since 2000 i guess.
Julia

Kristof

Yes, I meant there are no plans to add a show on it in the coming years.

esmeralda

Ah,okay. What a pity!!! :cry:
Julia

Maarten

Quote from: "esmeralda"I really hope they're planning a new show! Tarzan is also running since 2000 i guess.

A bit offtopic, but I think you made a good point here. Although I'm a huge fan of The Tarzan Encouter, I think time has come to retire. The show is already a DLP Classic. I know its still popular and it would be quite expensive to create a new show on the scale the current Tarzan show but I suggest a Brother Bear show should take its place, with a North American setting and the Phil Collins soundtrack.

Back ontopic, I think its a pity that there is no show at the Royal Castle Stage anymore. If they are so desperate to use the Disney Princess brand, they could even create a Princess show for the spring and summer months. Its not that I would prefer such a show, but at least it would bring back some synergy to the place. The meet n' greets could move to the Castle Courtyard for example.

speedpacket

Quote from: "Maarten"
Quote from: "esmeralda"I really hope they're planning a new show! Tarzan is also running since 2000 i guess.

A bit offtopic, but I think you made a good point here. Although I'm a huge fan of The Tarzan Encouter, I think time has come to retire. The show is already a DLP Classic. I know its still popular and it would be quite expensive to create a new show on the scale the current Tarzan show but I suggest a Brother Bear show should take its place, with a North American setting and the Phil Collins soundtrack.
I agree - and I also believe that The Lion King show should be replaced now...  We've all seen it so many times now...  Plus it REALLY does deserve a better location than that smelly fast food junk they are performing it in...  I wouldn't like to have to perform in such a place...  It kills a lot of the atmosphere I believe, and I really do hope they can find a solution for that...
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Nala_84

No, the Lion King Show started in 2004 and I wanna see it so much more (only seen it one time), I wanna show it to my parents who love musicals and  the Lion King, too ;)! I guess this great show deserves much more years than 3!!

And it'll be sad when Tarzan will be retired, I've also seen it only one time (in 2000) and was enchanted, and my boyfriend hasn't ever seen it before, such a pity :(! But I guess you're right, 7 years running is a long time and a Brother Bear show like Maarten mentioned would be a cool idea, too ;)! But before it'll be replaced they should first replace "Honey, I Shrunk The Audience", although it's not comparable to "usual" shows it's really a bit "oldfashioned" now  :lol:

And to say something about the Castle Stage ;)! I loved this former show "Le livre magique de Mickey" when I was 7 and for the first time at Disneyland, I was totally enchanted when I was young. Why just don't bring the show back, it's classy and inwolves the famous princesses :)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

RiverSong

Quote from: "Nala_84"And to say something about the Castle Stage ;)! I loved this former show "Le livre magique de Mickey" when I was 7 and for the first time at Disneyland, I was totally enchanted when I was young. Why just don't bring the show back, it's classy and inwolves the famous princesses :)!

That's exactly what I thought about the Castle Stage. They could bring it back because it featured the princesses which are so popular at the moment. But on the other hand I doubt they still have the "book" (they destroyed the parade floats so I think it's possible they destroyed the "book" too) and I know they had many technical problems with the "book". But if the book still existed and if they could fix the problems, I would love to see Le livre magique de Mickey again!!

peep

It would be really nice to see some sort of new use for the castle stage, i like the setting in front of the castle, just a nice location. A princess show would probably be a lovely idea.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Riebi

Le livre magique de Mickey was a great show! I loved it too so much! And the book effect was also wonderful!
I can only hope that the do something with this wonderful stage at the castle! It was always a good thing that you can look from everywhere without have a seat place at the stage. I love this aspect much cause I don´t like to go in "dark" theaters at summer days.
But I also loved the pooh show there. Was also great to watch it from the AP location.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...