Stars Tours - Scary or not??

Started by pjulie75, May 23, 2007, 10:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

Star Tours is just a motion simulator ride. If you sit at the back, you will get the most thrilling experience because the hydraulics are located right underneath the seats. If you sit at the front however, it will be smoother, and probably better if you're a bit nervous. I wouldn't advise you to ride if you're claustrophobic as well  :lol:

dlrp-mad

Yes, I agree - sitting at the front would be a good idea!

Star Tours is not really a scary ride, it's more of an adventure. If you tell the kids that it's an adventure and let them get themselves fascinated by the story which star tours creates then they should find it a very enjoyable experience.

The only way I can see it being scary is, as mentioned, the dark aspects of the ride and maybe the loud noises.

dlrp-mad :mickey2:

dlrp trips:Debut] August 2006 - Sequoia Lodge December 2007 - Disneyland Hotel July 2008 - Newport Bay Club

skalos

Quote from: "dlrp-mad"Yes, I agree - sitting at the front would be a good idea!

WOW I didnt know that!!! I really think that Star Tours is one of the best attractions in DLRP but in the end of the ride my stomack always feels "funny"! Maybe if I m in the front seats I ll be fine...

Now how can you get the front seats? If I remember correctly a CM puts in line infront ot each door...

Anonymous

I've been on Star Tours so many times, always make a point of riding it every day I'm at Disney, and sometimes more than once a day. I've sat all over the place in the thing, and you know, sometimes it does feel a bit rougher, but I've never particularly noticed it being rough at the back. I think it depends how you sit, and how you allow yourself to be thrown about to be honest. You can brace yourself for the movements, or just ride it out, in which case you can really be thrown around, whether you're in the back or front. I sat in the front row last year on one go, and it was awesome, and was really jolted about.

mtt

rode this in wdw and dlrp,only ever been on the front row, never been really jolted about
dlp nov 98, feb 99, sept 07, sept 2008
wdw 95,97,2000,2002,2005

Angela

Anyone who knows how large that seatbelt is, cause I am rather large and might not fit into it... and well.. I do not want to be in line a long time while I cannot ride...  :?

Anonymous

Quote from: "mtt"rode this in wdw and dlrp,only ever been on the front row, never been really jolted about

I think it depends on how you ride it.

If you don't brace yourself, and relax with the movement - bit difficult to explain - you can get quite a rough ride. Obviously not Space Mountain rough, but fun.

Mind, I always find on all the rides, the first couple of days seem really rough, then by the end of the week, when I'm used to them, they always feel a bit tame.

Except Space Mountain!

Jayna62

:pluto: My nephew is 4 next Monday and I know he would love it as he loves cars he would think he was on a racetrack. :)

Nicholas-c

not exactly scary u got moved around a bit but thats it really
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Goku735

It's not scary it just jolts around I've been on it many times and I don't seem to get scared I rather enjoy the ride completely. If ya kids love adventure then this ride is sure going to be to their liking.
Take flight and embrace the disney magic forever!

Anonymous

Watch out for the seatbelts. Last time I went, I had some muppet sat at the side of me who just released his seatbelt and let it fly back into the housing next to me. The @*#%%$**ed thing slammed back home and whacked my fingernail as it flew back. I felt like giving the idiot a good slapping! It really hurt!

:roll:

kurgly_bird

ouch prince sounds so painful, i understand though the seatbelts are a bit vicious.

x x x

Angela

Prince you just did not say a thing at all? I think I would yelled at him at least...
but seatbelts are like the ones that are in cars or what?

tubbsy

More like on aircraft-lap belts.

Went to Historic Dockyards yesterday-Action Stations had a flight simulator. Without little persuasion little fella went on and loved it. As soon as we got off Stephs telling him-its like Star Tours, except Star Tours is better. :D

I think he's up for riding Star Tours now. :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

stuart888

I like the ride, but it is less of a ride and more of a trick the mind. If the movie was not there, would it be scary? I would say no.

Regards, Stuart