First trip lots of questions!

Started by ellie05, August 13, 2017, 11:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellie05

Hi there!

This will be our first trip to Disneyland Paris we are WDW veterans. I already booked Disneyland hotel and we will be going mid October this year. I did read the unofficial guide but I still have some questions.

1. Would the hours change for October from now until then? Right now the website shows only 1 hour EMH for our days.
2. Is RnR the same track than the one in Florida? If not how is it different
3. How does SM compare to RnR florida version if it is  not the same.
4. Touring plan advice is there anywhere else that touring plans are layout other than the book? I am having a hard time trying to figure out times to make dinning reservations. Also the touring plans in the book is not very good at giving FP times.

Thank you!

AJDisney

EMH at Paris are changing from 2 hours in the Disneyland Parc to 1 hour, but you can go to either the Studios or the Parc. This seems to be a permanent change.
June 2017 - Radisson Blu at DLP
September 2017 - Cheyenne
February 2018 - Sequoia Lodge Columbia River Suite
December 2018 - Santa Fe
February 2019 - Disneyland Resort - Castle Inn and Suites
April 2019 - Off-site

mackemlad79

First trip here too. Some questions..

1) Santa Fe has no air con.. is this a big issue? Can windows be opened?

2) Are there Mosquitos in Paris that we need worry about?

3) The shuttle bus back to the airport.. do we need to worry about it getting too full?

Thanks all

tigger1974

Quote from: mackemlad79 on August 16, 2017, 12:13:29 PM

3) The shuttle bus back to the airport.. do we need to worry about it getting too full?

Thanks all

Hi

Firstly, the windows do open in the Santa Fe but not very widely. There is no air con as you say but there is a ceiling fan which is very useful.

I am a major target for mosquitoes and, thankfully, have never been bothered whilst at DLP.

Lastly the shuttle to the airport can get very busy - the Santa Fe is the fifth pick up point so you may end up having to sit separately from other members of your party depending on the time of day.

Hope this is helpful for you, enjoy your trip.

TTFN
'05 Santa Fe
'07 Newport Bay
'08 Santa Fe
'09 Disneyland Hotel
'10 Santa Fe
'12 Sequoia Lodge
'13 Santa Fe
'14 New York
'15 Sequoia Lodge
'17 Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest)
'19 Santa Fe
I also visited in '98, '00, '02 & '03 and stayed offsite

mackemlad79

Quote from: tigger1974 on August 16, 2017, 03:53:10 PM
Quote from: mackemlad79 on August 16, 2017, 12:13:29 PM

Thanks all

Hi

Firstly, the windows do open in the Santa Fe but not very widely. There is no air con as you say but there is a ceiling fan which is very useful.

I am a major target for mosquitoes and, thankfully, have never been bothered whilst at DLP.

Lastly the shuttle to the airport can get very busy - the Santa Fe is the fifth pick up point so you may end up having to sit separately from other members of your party depending on the time of day.

Hope this is helpful for you, enjoy your trip.

TTFN

Thanks a lot. We're on the early morning bus so hopefully that will be quieter?

DC

As an alternative, you can walk to the park. It's a 15/20 minute walk by the river acording to Google Maps.

mackemlad79

As in walk to the first stop to get on the bus first?

claire2281

Quote from: ellie05 on August 13, 2017, 11:45:05 PM
Hi there!

This will be our first trip to Disneyland Paris we are WDW veterans. I already booked Disneyland hotel and we will be going mid October this year. I did read the unofficial guide but I still have some questions.

1. Would the hours change for October from now until then? Right now the website shows only 1 hour EMH for our days.
2. Is RnR the same track than the one in Florida? If not how is it different
3. How does SM compare to RnR florida version if it is  not the same.
4. Touring plan advice is there anywhere else that touring plans are layout other than the book? I am having a hard time trying to figure out times to make dinning reservations. Also the touring plans in the book is not very good at giving FP times.

Thank you!

1. EMH hours are now 1 hour only but cover both parks. The 2 busiest rides at WDS have been made available.
2. The track is the same though the theming differs slightly
3. SM at DLP underwent a huge overhaul to have a Star Wars theme put on including new vehicles. Ride wise it's a lot smoother than it used to be but still isn't as smooth as Aerosmith and a bit slower.
4. Best to go to the dlp guide website or ask here. Dinning reservations can be made up to 60 days in advance, booked over the phone. If you have more flexible meal times then it works better to eat later as it's quieter but bear in mind the Illuminations show happens at park closing and you may want to work around that. Not sure what you mean by FP times. FP are given out by machines at the attraction. You can only hold one per person per park at a time. They have a 30 min slot on them and you return to the ride in that time. Once it's reached your time you can pick up a FP for another ride. Should the ride be broken down when your FP comes up (BtM is the main culprit here!) they'll let you come back later using the same ticket. There are a limited number of FP per 1/2 hour slot and when they're used up for the day, that's it, no more.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne