Couple of questions for a 2nd time visitor, first time trip organiser

Started by Ehg_92, March 04, 2017, 11:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ehg_92

Hi all, I am currently organising a secret trip to DLP for my wife in November.
I have booked the week 27/11-01/12, in the Sequoia lodge (standard room) with full board plus and Disney express.  I went direct for the Eurostar as Disney haven't released the train info yet and I was impatient and wanted everything squared away in that respect, and figured the difference in price isn't that different.
Anyway to cut a long story short I am aware that the Park(s) shut earlier in Nov/Dec, and therefore the show on the castle is earlier, (about 1900?)
So the plan is to have Dinner at lunchtime and 'lunch' at dinner time. 
She loved Walt's and the Blue Lagoon, do they open for lunch time service and serve the same menu as at dinner? 
Also do the buffet restaurants in the Sequoia Lodge open/serve after park closure (thinking we could do that for evening meal). 
Is it worth ringing to book meals at TBL and Walt's for the week I am going, or just book them when we get there?
I really want  to make it special for her, but I am not very good at organising things like this by myself.

polar vixen

Sounds like you're doing a great job so far....if my hubby arrange a surprise holiday for us I'd love it! If you have definite choices for where you want to eat I'd definitely book on advanced it saves any chance of disappointment.  We found when parks closed earlier the table service restaurants were actually only open at lunch time although I could be wrong so I think your plan is a good one as far as eating. Hunters grill in the sequoia is open till about 9 I think.....or possibly later..don't forget you've also got the places in the village. Billy bobs although a cheaper buffet is really good in my opinion you've also got annettes and the steakhouse which would be covered by your vouchers. Have a great holiday!

claire2281

The last time we ate in Walts was when they had the deal that gave you an exclusive viewing area for Dreams. That was lunchtime and it was the same as the evening meal.

Whether Walts will be open - it normally isn't open every day during quieter periods so it probably won't be open every day of your holiday. If you book in advance obviously you can pre-plan but just be aware you can't book until 60 days before your trip.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Ehg_92

What days does Walts open? or does it differ season to season?
thanks for the input guys I had forgotten that the village stays open later :)
How busy is it likely to be for this week (27/11-01/12) I figure it isn't in any school holidays, but it is their Xmas period, but being so close to the peak Xmas period I figure I may go quiet(ish)?
Also I forgot to ask before, I have book a character lunch at inventions (we went last September and decided not to queue for any characters, when we got home she said the biggest regret she had was not meeting any characters or riding the hot air balloon in the village), so my questions are;
How do I get to Inventions?
We are 2 adults, are the characters going to ignore us somewhat in favour of other younger guests (bear in mind we are visiting in what I hope is a quiet time)?
Does the hot air balloon operate late November?

claire2281

I don't think there's a set day it's open - last time I was there during a quieter time is was closed a couple of days during the week but I suspect the opening days are decided upon demand and staff availability and aren't set this far in advanced.

The week you're going shouldn't be too busy.

Inventions is inside the Disneyland Hotel. The entrance is on the right hand side of the main park entrance as you're facing the large Mickey clock. Once inside the hotel the restaurant is sign posted. The characters definitely won't ignore you! I've only been with groups of adults and they've spent just as much time with us as the young ones. The interaction with adults is fun for them as it's quite different from that with the kids.

The balloon technically operates all year round AFAIK but it's dependant on weather and is therefore often shut during days in the winter months.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne