When's the best time to book for dinner?

Started by disneyprincessdrama, October 29, 2016, 08:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyprincessdrama

Hello wonderful people.  Newbie here and first time to go in December(super eggzoited! :P). 
I have been reading a lot of reviews but still left with too many questions to ask - but first thing's first.

1. When's the best time to book a restaurant for lunch and dinner? 
2. What are your best restaurant suggestions?
3. What time do parades start(one at day time and one at night time?) and how long do they last?

(Ideally we would like to watch the parades and I've read from other reviews, the timings vary. I will be going in December, just before Christmas and I also read somewhere that this will be Christmas parade? I want to know what time the parades start and how long do they last - So I can pre-book a slot at a restaurant of our choice.  Your kind suggestions would be very much appreciated.  Thanks in advance).

polar vixen

Unless it's actually over Christmas parks close earlier so is recommend lunch in the park and then dinner at the village or in your hotel. It depends on how much and where you want to eat. We often has a big breakfast and then a main meal around 3pm with a snack on the way back through the village. One thing I would avoid is reading at buffets within an hour of closing. For example...... Park was closing at 7, we'd booked a table for 5 and ended up company because they were no longer restocking anything. Earlier in the day though buffets were fantastic.
There isn't a night time parade, just the one at around 5pm, and then a fireworks show at closing which is at the castle

loulou169

Hi Disney princess drama, when it comes to restaurants I would look at their menus. Each restaurant serves different types of food so it'll depend on what you like. Me and my girls loved Blue Lagoon. It's based next to PoTC and you can see the. BOats and People going past, I had sword fish (which is a first and very tasty) and rice that came in coconut shells! The theming in this restaurant is fantastic!
I've also like Walts as their food is gorgeous and the restaurant theming is so quaint.

Santa Fe: Oct 2011
Santa Fe: Oct 2012
Cheyenne: Apr 2014
Hotel Kyriad: Mar 2017
SLGF: October 2017
Santa Fe: Feb 2018

disneyprincessdrama

Thanks for your replies.  Appreciate it.

I have booked Half Board Plus, So I was thinking heavy breakfast at New Port Bay Club lounge, something Counter service for lunch and then use my vouchers for Dinner.

I have been looking at the menus and I feel overwhelmed.  So much to choose from.  I cannot narrow my choices down. 

Thanks again for your replies.  ;D