Disney dining on a budget!

Started by Samanthad, January 05, 2016, 04:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneylove

I've seen reviews on trip advisor mentioning they've been over Christmas. It seems according to DLPGuide that they've been closed the first 2 weeks of every month, no idea why?! Maybe because of the colder months? Or only open at peak times? Regardless, it's still been open. It does need a huge overhaul mind, but my kids really want to visit Pizza Planet because of the movie, I just wish it actually looked more like the Pizza Planet on the film.

Samanthad

Quote from: naisworld on January 12, 2016, 07:25:24 AM
There is currently an offer on Groupon France for Planet Hollywood. Adult meal, sundae and drink for about 10.50 and kids menu with drink for about £5!  I've just bought them to use next month! 😄 McDonalds is obviously a cheap option and we also use Earl of Sandwich a lot!

Very interesting! I will look into this, never thought of checking French group on for Disney deals!!

Do you find it takes a long time to leave the park for lunch and then go back in again? We only have two days and like to cram in as much as we can!
Disneyland Paris: Santa Fe 2001, Newport Bay Club 2005, Offsite 2015, Offsite 2016, Hotel B&B Disneyland 2016, Santa Fe Christmas 2016, Offsite May 2017, Santa Fe July 2018, Offsite Sep 2018 1/2 Marathon.

Disney Cruise Line: Disney Magic 7 night Mediterranean Cruise 2017

Next Trip: July 2022

Samninetysix

Plaza Gardens is great value like Agrabah. Consider Earl of Sandwich in the village also, the sandwiches are huge and easily suffice for a lunch

stifle

Quote from: Disneylove on January 12, 2016, 12:52:11 PM
I've seen reviews on trip advisor mentioning they've been over Christmas. It seems according to DLPGuide that they've been closed the first 2 weeks of every month, no idea why?! Maybe because of the colder months? Or only open at peak times? Regardless, it's still been open. It does need a huge overhaul mind, but my kids really want to visit Pizza Planet because of the movie, I just wish it actually looked more like the Pizza Planet on the film.
It's probably like Café des Cascadeurs and closed a lot because it's quite out of the way and doesn't get a great deal of footfall.

naisworld

Quote from: Samanthad on January 12, 2016, 03:58:03 PM
There is currently an offer on Groupon France for Planet Hollywood. Adult meal, sundae and drink for about 10.50 and kids menu with drink for about £5!  I've just bought them to use next month! 😄 McDonalds is obviously a cheap option and we also use Earl of Sandwich a lot!

Very interesting! I will look into this, never thought of checking French group on for Disney deals!!

Do you find it takes a long time to leave the park for lunch and then go back in again? We only have two days and like to cram in as much as we can!

If you only have 2 days I would personally plan to eat in the parks for a small lunch and then eat in the village in the evening. Colonel Hathis Pizza Outpost is not too expensive and perfect if you are in a rush. We always take our kids in there! X

Samninetysix

Quote from: naisworld on January 22, 2016, 07:24:21 AM
Quote from: Samanthad on January 12, 2016, 03:58:03 PM

If you only have 2 days I would personally plan to eat in the parks for a small lunch and then eat in the village in the evening. Colonel Hathis Pizza Outpost is not too expensive and perfect if you are in a rush. We always take our kids in there! X

I agree, if you've had a decent breakfast then somewhere like Colonel Hathi's, Cowboy Cookout or Hakuna Matata is great to top you up until the evening. One of our favourites in the village is La Grange at Billy Bobs, generally good food, great atmosphere.

Slimy yet satisfying

Pizza Planet has always been a bit hit and miss with its opening times. We noticed it was open on our last trip Jan 3 to 10th so popped in. The food is cheap and cheerful but the atmosphere is sorely lacking with no windows and a faint damp smell, it didnt inspire a return visit. When it opened there were more references to the film with arcade games and visits from the characters but it now feels like it is marked for the scrap heap. Now that Star Tours is closing for a refurb, Honey/ Antman cinema a wasted area, all references to Toy Story or Buzz either in the Studios or closer to the castle and Space mountain queue exit or entrance out of sight of this eaterie its future does not look good.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.