Tips for a 1st Timer

Started by markysimmo, April 18, 2015, 08:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markysimmo

I will be arriving at DLP on Friday afternoon 3pm, will be there the rest of that day and all day on the Saturday

As somebody who has never visited before I was wondering if there were some tips/attractions you could recommend I don't miss as most of you guys on here seem hugely experienced in going, anything advice would be much appreciated

We have booked in at Auberge for the princess lunch on the Saturday and have just purchased a VIP Fast Pass too

The three of us going are massively excited

marf91

Big Thunder Mountain is always s must do for me and you can use your fastpasses. Also I'd recommend definitely giving Buzz Lightyear a go, Star Tours, Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pan and Its A Small World?

Are you going to the Studios? If yes, Crush's Coaster, Ratatouille and Rock n Rollercoaster are my absolute favourites!
PREVIOUS VISITS:
Oct 1993, Aug 1994, Aug 1997, Jan 1998, May 1998, Aug 1998, Aug 2001, Jan 2002, Aug 2002, Aug 2004, Jan 2005, Aug 2006, May 2007, Aug 2007, Jul 2008, Aug 2010, Aug 2011, Aug 2013, Aug 2014, May 2015, Aug 2016

FUTURE TRIPS:
New Year 2016

AlmostThere...

Hi what are the ages? Definitely Peter Pan and ratatouille as they are my top 2 rides.  And The parade and dreams

Have fun!
First trip October 2012 - Marriott resort and 1 day DLP trip
Second trip October 2014 - 5 days Davy Crockett
Third trip to DLP.... On hold until after WDW in August 2017!!

markysimmo

2 adults and one little girl who is 6

Uragano Tati

In the main park Phantom Manor (but it can be scary for the little one), Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates, Peter Pan, It's a small world, Les Payes des Contees des Fees (the spelling is wrong for sure!), Buzz Lightyear, the parade and above all Dreams.
In the Studios Ratatouille, Animagique, Cinemagique and Tower of Terror, but again this can be scary.
These are my favourites!
Have a great magic holiday!!!
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne

littlebitofpixiedust

Don't miss ratatouille it's amazing. I'd try to do that on the Friday ques on our last visit were very busy for this same with crush coaster (but may be to intense for age 6) animagique/playhouse Disney/stich live are fantastic kids shows!

And all above attractions that have been listed! Havnt done princess meal but inventions buffet in the Disneyland hotel is wonderful, great atmosphere and meeting characters. But you may want to maximise time on the Saturday and have a quick meal within the park?

Don't miss dreams at park closing it is breathtaking and a must do for all. It does get busy prior to starting wo I'd recommend getting there little earlier so you have a good view of the castle. Have a zippidy doo dah time  :)

markysimmo

Cannot begin to explain what an amazing time we had last weekend, everything was just perfect

Did all we wanted, met loads of characters, the princess dining in auberge was incredible too

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: markysimmo on April 29, 2015, 09:30:13 PM
Cannot begin to explain what an amazing time we had last weekend, everything was just perfect

Did all we wanted, met loads of characters, the princess dining in auberge was incredible too

So you were a "first timer" by your reaction it won't be your last!  :)
Glad you enjoyed it. Would you say you "have the Disney bug" every newbie who comes along comes back and says yep "I've got the Disney bug!" haha  :D

Mrsya

:D Pleased you and your family had a fab time!

Started planning your next visit yet...? I normally start thinking about possible months on the drive home!!  8)

markysimmo

Wont be going back for a few years got a wedding to plan and pay for but it was fantastic

cmpeter

We have our first visit scheduled for this July.  I would love to know more about the VIP Fast Pass, how does that work?  Cost and how to purchase?

stifle

VIP Fastpass is not available to purchase except through unofficial channels such as eBay. It is a privilege of the most expensive hotel rooms only.