TGV to DLP from CDG info needed

Started by spestell, September 28, 2014, 07:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spestell

We are travelling to DLP on 9 November, and are planning to get the TGV at CDG airport.  How long do you think I should leave between my plane landing and the TGV?  We will have to wait for baggage as we will have one checked in case.  I don't want to book a ticket then miss the TGV!  Also, does anyone know how much more expensive it is to buy a TGV ticket when you get there.  They are quite expensive even when purchased online.  Any replies or tips on travelling on the TGV appreciated, thank :D

captain rocket

There is generally no difference in advance purchase over buying on the day. To be safe I would leave at least 90 minutes from landing to catch the TGV.
The TGV has now become so overpriced that I no longer use the it, I will shortly be making my third visit of the year and I always book a shared shuttle which I pick up outside the arrivals area and it takes me directly to the front door of my hotel, perfect. The price I am currently paying is 39 euros and I feel that this is a fair price for this service!
Since the TGV started getting so overpriced I have refused to pay their ludicrous price for a 9./10 minute journey, I can almost buy a return on Eurostar from London if booked early enough that is only about 20% more than the TGV.

caspdex

My big tip is  to  avoid the TGV,  take a private or shared shuttle. Much the same price and a quicker and better service.

DLRP Roundup!

I don't think a shuttles quicker ;) the TGV does what it says on the tin, quick point to point train. It's 9 mins... I personally would go no other way!
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

caspdex

There is no way TGV is the quickest option. By the time you get to the station at CDG, then from DLP station to your hotel plus waiting for a train, which can be upto 2hrs, not to mention lugging your cases of trains and busses. Once you do private shuttle you will wonder why you did it any other way.

captain rocket

100% agree with Caspdex.I was the greatest supporter of TGV until I was obliged to book a shuttle due to late arrival (|No TGV after 21.00.) Now, I don't even consider TGV! The shuttle collects you from your arrival point and delivers you straight to your hotel's front door. It's horses for courses as to which is your personal favourite, but there is very little difference in time and a massive difference in price especially if there are two of you or more!

stifle

TGV is up to 40% cheaper when bought in advance, in fact. Its problem is that departures are irregular during the day.

Private shuttles are very expensive in comparison.

captain rocket

Valid point stifle, however the SNCF site only has fares available up to mid January.
I am travelling 09 Dec and the return TGV price for two is £77.00. My shared shuttle (I don't use a private shuttle and in ten return journeys have only shared twice!) is 76 Euros. If a family is travelling then the savings by shuttle is not in question as far as I am concerned!
I am sure everyone will have their own opinion on the best way to travel, but a debate is fun and may help people still planning a trip.

Uragano Tati

The tgv may seem a very fast way to go from the airport to the park because of the 9-10 minutes of the journey, but unless you find a train coming right after you reach the station it isn't as fast as it may seem.
You can't reserve your seat on a train travelling right after your flight landing because the flight may be late, so you have to waste some time just to be sure. Often the trains are late. It is quite usual for them having 20-30 minutes of delay. Another waste time. Then you arrive at the Disneyland station and you have to take the bus to go to your hotel. Again waste time.
At the end it is faster with a shuttle. In 30-40 minutes from your landing you are in front of your hotel.
And shared shuttle aren't so expensive.
I have found a cheap way to go from CdG to Disneyland but it takes a lot of time.
From CdG there is a bus (number 19 Express Seine et Marne) that arrives to Torcy. From Torcy there is the Rer to the park. The cost of the bus should be 1 ticket t+ (1,70 euro, I'm not sure about that, it may be 2 ticket t+ per person, i'll try that next november) and the cost of the Rer from Torcy to Disneyland is 3,30 euro. 5 euro per person each way. Very cheap. But very long. The bus travel should be around 1 hour and then there is the Rer.
It can be a good way only if you stay outside the first night. Next november I'll try that because the first night we will stay in Torcy.
April 1998: Sequoia Lodge
January 2003: Disneyland Hotel
May 2012: Santa Fe
September 2013: Cheyenne
November 2014: Cheyenne