Very confused about premium half board, help me choose restaurants, please...

Started by Fireflies1, June 21, 2014, 12:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireflies1

I'm going in 2 weeks, and ages ago booked premium half board.

We have 4 nights and are taking 2 very excited little girls.

So, Auberge is a must. But I'm confused, I thought I'd paid in full this with this meal plan for one meal per day, but on reading here it seems I need to pay extra above the voucher value.

We arrive at 2pm on Thursday and leave at 6pm on Monday.

Give me your best suggestions of where we should eat, and if we need to pay extra....

~sarahjayne~

msRavenswood

msRavenswood

Prices in £ for Summer Meal Plan from 3rd April - 12th November 2014.

HOTEL OPTION Half Board - voucher can only be used in the buffet restaurant of your Disney Hotel for dinner. Does not include any drinks.

Davy Crocket / Santa Fe / Cheyenne: £19 adult - £11 child.

Sequoia Lodge / Newport Bay / New York: £25 adult - £13 child.

Disneyland Hotel: £45 adult - £23 child.

Standard, Plus and Premium Half Board meal plans provide a voucher per night stayed, for dinner or lunch, which include a soft drink or bottle of water. Plus Teatime Treat Pause Gourmande voucher per night stayed which can be used from 3pm in counter service restaurants in the parks for a hot or cold drink and a sweet treat (eg,cake, muffin).

STANDARD Half Board : £22 adult - £11 child.

PLUS Half Board : £28 adult - £13 child.

PREMIUM Half Board : £48 adult - £24 child.

---

FULL BOARD

HOTEL OPTION Full Board - voucher can only be used in the buffet restaurant of your Disney Hotel for dinner plus one additional voucher for a lunch menu in a counter service restaurant in the parks. Guests of Disneyland Hotel will receive a lunch voucher for a buffet restaurant in the parks. No drinks included.

Davy Crocket / Santa Fe / Cheyenne: £29 adult - £16 child.

Sequoia Lodge / Newport Bay / New York: £35 adult - £18 child.

Disneyland Hotel: £64 adult - £35 child.

---

Standard, Plus and Premium Full Board includes two vouchers for lunch and dinner, plus Teatime Treat Pause Gourmande voucher per night stayed. Lunch and dinner vouchers include one soft drink or bottle of water.

STANDARD Full Board: £39 adult - £19 child. Both vouchers can now be used in buffet restaurants. Previously the lower value lunch voucher was for counter service restaurants.

PLUS Full Board : £49 adult - £23 child. (includes dinner, lunch and tea time treat voucher)

PREMIUM Full Board : £83 adult - £41 child. (includes dinner, lunch and tea time treat voucher)

---

Vouchers are usually dated for the duration of your stay, including arrival and departure days, so two HB ones can be used on the same day for lunch and dinner if so wished.

One voucher per person per meal can be used towards the cost in a higher category restaurant. The Euro value of the voucher will be deducted from your total bill. Using vouchers in this way will not include the soft drink or bottle of water.

---

Prices in Euros.

HALF BOARD

- HOTEL - can be used ONLY in the buffet restaurant of your Disney Hotel for dinner:

Davy Crocket / Santa Fe / Cheyenne: 23€ adult - 13€ child.

Sequoia Lodge / Newport Bay / New York: 30€ adult - 15€ child.

Disneyland Hotel: 54€ adult - 28€ child.

STANDARD

26€ adult - 13€ child. (includes dinner and tea time treat voucher)

PLUS

33€ adult - 15€ child. (includes dinner and tea time treat voucher)

PREMIUM

57€ adult - 29€ child. (includes dinner and tea time treat voucher)

FULL BOARD

- HOTEL - can be used ONLY in the buffet restaurant of your Disney Hotel for dinner + one additional voucher for a lunch menu in a counter service restaurant in the parks. Guests of Disneyland Hotel will receive a voucher for a buffet restaurant in the parks.

Davy Crocket / Santa Fe / Cheyenne: 35€ adult - 19€ child.

Sequoia Lodge / Newport Bay / New York: 42€ adult - 21€ child.

Disneyland Hotel: 77€ adult - 42€ child.

STANDARD

46€ adult - 23€ child. (includes dinner, lunch and tea time treat voucher) - both vouchers can be used in buffet restaurants, whereas before, lunch voucher was for counter service restaurants!

PLUS

59€ adult - 28€ child. (includes dinner, lunch and tea time treat voucher)

PREMIUM

99€ adult - 49€ child. (includes dinner, lunch and tea time treat voucher)

Fireflies1

Thank you for your help.

Sorry, I'm quite nervous doing this on my own with 2 little girls  ;)

I've booked Inventions & cafe Mickey, and Auberge for lunch before we leave. Still need to choose one more restaurant for dinner.

Also, our train leaves at 6, and lunch is booked for 2.30. Is this enough time for lunch and to get to the train?

I've read, on here I think, that I can pay 11Euro on check out for Disney express, for our bags to be taken to the train. Is that right? Unfortunately I didn't book the train through the dlp website at the same time as hotel, so couldn't add Disney express when I booked.

stecal

Hi when i went in 2012 i booked eurostar separately myself and added on disney express to my booking for £16 as iwas the only adult so you should be able to add it to yours even though you booked eurostar yourself,i think your right about being able to do it direct at disney for 11 euros i hope so anyway as my daughter is now classed as a adult and £32 is a bit steep for a couple of suitcases.

itslizi

Quote from: Fireflies1 on June 24, 2014, 11:29:19 AM
Thank you for your help.

Sorry, I'm quite nervous doing this on my own with 2 little girls  ;)

I've booked Inventions & cafe Mickey, and Auberge for lunch before we leave. Still need to choose one more restaurant for dinner.

Also, our train leaves at 6, and lunch is booked for 2.30. Is this enough time for lunch and to get to the train?

I've read, on here I think, that I can pay 11Euro on check out for Disney express, for our bags to be taken to the train. Is that right? Unfortunately I didn't book the train through the dlp website at the same time as hotel, so couldn't add Disney express when I booked.

If my calculations are correct you're going the second half of this week.

I used Disney Express on my last visit and it was a good service.

If the Disney Express service isn't booked prior to the visit that would still mean you have to go to your hotel to book in and receive your park tickets as only the people that previously booked Disney Express service before their visit received their park tickets and more whilst on the Eurostar.

However if there is an option where you can get you luggage taken to the train when you depart that would just mean that you drop your luggage off at your hotel's luggage storage and then you will collect it from Disney Express service at the train station before you go through security and passport checks and get the Eurostar to get home. It's a good service though it can get busy.

I think having Lunch at 2:30 will give you enough time, although I don't know how quick the service is at that restaurant as I've never been, although I arrived at the train station at around 4:45 ahead of the 6:00 departure and didn't have that long queues to deal with.

I don't know if any of this information means anything for you, but I thought that there is no harm in sharing my experience and thoughts.

I have you have a fabulous visit!!

swindonboy

We didn't book Eurostar through Disney but I just phoned them and got the disney express added to our booking so we can arrive and drop our bags pickup tickets and go into the park and do the same on leaving - sounded worth the money for less hassle to me.