Where can I find a 60 day countdown calendar?

Started by Mrsya, August 12, 2014, 07:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

I have a lovely 30 day one from last time but my son actually had tears in his eyes today when he asked me how long Mickey might wait before we get another invite... It took all of my boring grown up will power not to tell him there and then! That and the fact that the Hubster would not have been very happy with me!!  :-X

Anyone any ideas where I can get a nice printable one?

msRavenswood

Mrsya

Aww, that is a fab idea. Thanks so much for posting. I think my 4 year old might need something a little more visual though. Especially since he's probably got no concept of how many sleeps 60 is. I made a paper chain with 30 links last time and he ripped one off every day, watching it get shorter as we got closer.  He also had a calendar and he moved a little blutacked buzz down the numbers to 1 - 'Buzz Day' as he called it! I called it ironing day!!

Thanks again.

polar vixen

ooooh, my kids have no concept of numbers (special needs) I love that paper chain idea! 
We went to toys r us and got a monsters university door toy, it was a frame with six spaces for little boxes, it came with one box which contained a little figure and a packet of goo.  We managed to get more doors to fill in the spaces, then put extra treats in each door (the kids took turns opening it but everyone got a treat each day), 4 chews, 4 euro coins, 4 little rubbers etc. I numbered the doors aswell but after a door had been opened it stayed open so they could see how many doors were left.  You could easily make something like this, even just with matchboxes or something, and your son could help too, of course, making one for 60 days might be a bit much!

clarybell

Love the paper chain idea. May have a go at the weekend.

Mrsya

Mine looked like this (ish!) but instead of sticking them together with glue I used white circular stickers and wrote a number on each one.

I've managed to find a blank editable countdown calendar that I'm going to print twice for the 60 days. Just got to work out exactly when that is now! Soon! Eek!

swindonboy

We created one for our 5 year old - created a calendar in Microsoft Publisher I got a picture of Disney characters of the internet pasted it in and created a calendar that he can mark the days off everyday - he's now getting excited as we go next week