Pre-Trip report =D

Started by stormflm595, June 05, 2014, 08:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormflm595

So this is really early, but I've just seen the new video that DLP have uploaded to their YouTube channel and I'm kinda of having a freak out at how fast it's coming around and arghhhh so I thought, why not?! =D

Who? Me and my best friend, Molly! It will be my third time and Molly's first time so I am super excited to go with her. I plan to film her face as she enters from under the hotel for the first time and see's all of the pretty buildings on Main Street, hears the music, sees the transport going up and down and best of all seeing the castle for the first time. I'll probably be the one that cries (I always get emotional at entering the park for the first time) and will end up on the video too haha.
When? 1st September to the 5th September. Four nights, five days. We plan to get together the day before (I live near to Coventry, Molly lives in Manchester during holiday time) and watch Disney movies and get stuff such as snacks together for the train and plane. We then leave for Birmingham Airport the next day at around 9;30am to get there for around 10:30am! We won't get to DLP until late afternoon but we plan to chill out at the Disney Village for that evening. Then back home on the 5th...I'm already sad thinking about it!
Where? We are staying at Hotel Santa Fe! We almost booked New York, but decided to save a load of money for spending and food and stay at the cheapest hotel haha! I stayed there last year and loved it, so I'm looking forward to going back!
What am I excited to see/do? Oh my god where do I start...-takes a deep breathe-
Seeing the castle for the first time of the trip, Big Thunder Mountain, Rock 'N Rollercoaster, Space Mountain, Disney Dreams!, Princess Pavilion, Adventureland (my favourite in terms of aesthetics), Pirates of the Caribbean, Rainforest Cafe, Hakuna Matata, character meet and greets, the teacups, Alice's Curious Labyrinth, Hearing the tick tock of IASM when walking around Fantasyland, seeing the statue of Mickey and Walt in Studios, Crushes Coaster, the new Ratatouille ride, Tower of Terror, Autopia, waving at people and CM's when pulling off at the station on BTM, anything Tangled related, the music of DLP particularly the castles music, coming across something I've never seen before (last year was Snow White's wishing well! I of course made a wish to go back and here we are!), being allowed to become a child again for a few days and the CM's understanding of treating every guest, child or adult, as though they are the most important person in the world, Planet Hollywood's burgers, driving into the resort for the first time and seeing all of the hotels...I could carry on forever but I won't haha.
Any extras planned? We plan to go to Buffalo Bill's for the first night, as a birthday present for Molly! I've never been so I'm really excited about this!

I'm so sorry that was so long winded, I dread to think what my actual trip report will be like! Thanks for taking the time to read!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

guest8408

Ooh, I'm going just a week or so before you :D Sadly I'm only going to the day though (going to Paris for a few days for my 18th and visiting DLP for the day). Kind of regret not staying in a Disney hotel and going to the parks for atleast another day though :( But oh well, I'm still super excited! :D

stormflm595

Quote from: UpAndAway_ on June 05, 2014, 09:08:29 PM
Ooh, I'm going just a week or so before you :D Sadly I'm only going to the day though (going to Paris for a few days for my 18th and visiting DLP for the day). Kind of regret not staying in a Disney hotel and going to the parks for atleast another day though :( But oh well, I'm still super excited! :D

Oh awesome! I hope the weather works out great for both of us! Aww that is a shame but it's better to go for a day than to not go at all =D And Paris is beautiful. What an awesome way to spend your 18th! I hope you have a great trip!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

guest8408

Quote from: stormflm595 on June 05, 2014, 09:11:14 PM
Quote from: UpAndAway_ on June 05, 2014, 09:08:29 PM

Oh awesome! I hope the weather works out great for both of us! Aww that is a shame but it's better to go for a day than to not go at all =D And Paris is beautiful. What an awesome way to spend your 18th! I hope you have a great trip!

So do I! I hope it doesn't rain :( Exactly! I might go back the next day and visit the village, so it'll kind of stretch out my time at Disney :')
Thank you, I'm sure you'll have a great time too :D