Recommendations for footwear please

Started by Mrsya, April 25, 2014, 11:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

Any reasonable suggestions for good trainers/walking sneakers please? Is it worth forking out for special socks...?

Princessjo

It's a theme park not Everest  ;)

I wear flip flops in the summer and never have a problem...and uggs in the winter...
Give a little whistle

gingajen

It depends on the time of year and the weather. We went in February and we wore walking boots or those snow boots for the kids with thick, warm socks. These were puely to make sure our feet stayed warm and dry. My husband wore thick socks and Converse pumps and he was fine. In the summer the kids wear comfy sandles. and I'll wear flip flops. I wouldn't advice wearing brand new shoes though incase they rub.

twentythingamabobs

Hi, every time I go to Disneyland I end up with blisters by the end of the first day! Until my most recent visit - I bought some 1000 Mile Ultimate Approach Walking Socks and an anti blister roll on stick and was 100% blister free. I can't tell you how much of a difference having pain free feet made to my visit  :-*

cazspence

I work for Royal Mail and I wear my work shoes after all they are made for posties so ideal for walking. I think you can buy similar ones online, they are cat trainers. Really comfy and I have fallen arches and need orthotic inserts but I can walk for days and never got a blister or sore feet yet.

polar vixen

I've airways found karrimor boots and sandals really comfy, no blisters have skyways just worn their normal trainers x, kids

Mrsya

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Everyone I've ever spoken to has said that they had blisters and/or sore feet from all the walking/standing so just wanted to check. Better to ask than to be miserable.

perrollaz

Oh, my feet are a total train wreck after each stay in Disneyland.
As mentioned before it depends on which time you go- I can't stand to have cold feet, so in winter I have my hiking boots with hiking socks.
Also be prepared to have wet weather, don't now how you feel with wet feet, but I try to avoid it as much as possible.

Discovery_Mountain

Iv always found just a decent pair of trainer Ie name brand are fine

Contrary to what my girlfriend thinks who would wear heels if I didn't hide them from her, or primark style ugg boots.
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

gemma2806

I always take more shoes than I need so last trip I only allowed myself two pairs. I always wear trainers when I go as they are comfortable and you can wear them at any time of year (except I avoid wearing them in heavy rain). I do always wear 2 pairs of socks though, usually trainer socks. In bad weather or in the evenings I tend to wear a pair of boots. I did wear sandals one year but only for the evening as I wouldn't wear them in the parks. I've seen people walking round in stiletto heels and platforms but personally I think they must be crazy!

orangarnold

As long as you're wearing shoes you can be in all day and that are weather appropriate you'll be fine.

Disneyprincesswannab

Birkenstocks or Crocs in summer-you can get Disney ones in both-and Uggs in autumn/winter-if you get the sequin ones they are waterproof!

disnick.322

Something your comfortable in, there is a lot of walking, and from experience i've never found any type of footwear better than another, i just take 2 pairs of good comfy shoes in case they get wet, i never buy a new pair to go.