Planning 1st visit to DLP from United States

Started by MikeOK, April 23, 2014, 09:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeOK

I have begun planning a trip to DLP with my 8 & 11 year old sons.
I am sure I will have several more questions but wanted to start out with some basic questions;
How many days is an adequate time for the parks?
Any advice from other that have travelled from the US?

Thanks
Mike

MikeOK

I have begun planning a trip to DLP with my 8 & 11 year old sons.
I am sure I will have several more questions but wanted to start out with some basic questions;
How many days is an adequate time for the parks?
Any advice from other that have travelled from the US?

Thanks
Mike

perrollaz

At least three days or even better four with the two boys eager to go on each ride 😉

daddyof2

Mike, you may want to consider a longer stay if you intend to visit Paris as part of the same visit. I would agree that you want at least 3 days for the parks

polar vixen

I'd not count in arrival or departure days - we go for 7 days total, but only have 5 of those to spend in the parks really.  It depends what time of year you go also.  If it's going to be high season, I'd say at least 4, if you want to go on everything or be able to take your time enjoying everything rather than rushing from ride to ride.

spacemountainplatypi

4 days in the resort would make sense, maybe 1 and a half days in the studios and the rest in the main park.
"From Time to Time" -Le Visionarium.

Hey, i'm also a D23 Gold Member.... SO THATS FUN!

________Past Trips____________
3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

Next Trip: September 2018.

Sephirot

Hi Mike,

I would suggest a min. 3days visit, which should give you a hole day in each park and 3rd day to do some Park hopping (the Parks are side-by-side as in DL California)

In cause of the fact that you're living in the US I guess you've already visited a Disney Park so you won't get lost in Magic Kingdom and find your way without wasting time  :-)

If you have further questions just let me know

Cheers
Soeren
1995 WDW/DEC/OS/3d
2005 DLRP/AUG/OS/3d
2005 DLRP/DEC/SF/2d
2006 DLRP/JAN/SF/2d
2006 DLRP/OCT/CH/5d
2006 DLRP/DEC/CH/4d
2007 DLRP/APR/CH/5d
2007 DLRP/AUG/CH/4d
2007 DLRP/DEC/SL/4d
2008 DLRP/MAR/SL/4d
2009 DLRP/APR/DCR/6d
2009 DL/OCT/OS/5d
2010 DLRP/MAY/NBC/5d
2011 DLRP/MAR/NBC/4d
2011 DLRP/OCT/DLH/6d
2012 DLRP/SEP/DLH/7d
2014 WDW/FEB/PNOR/7d

norhel

I agree with Sephirot that 3 days should be enough at DLP. Maybe add at day or two of you are going to Sea Life, Val D'Europe, and Paris.

Feel free to ask if you have some more questions :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

gemma2806

I'd definitely look at a stay of 7 days as travelling from the US is a LONG flight and not a case of a couple of hours like it would be for most Europeans. You're looking at about 9 hours I believe so I'd leave 5 days for park touring and one day either side for your arrival and departure dates. I know when travelling to WDW I don't tend to do any touring upon arrival due to the length of the flight and tend to just hang around the resort hotel until I've had a decent sleep before starting the first day of full touring so I'm guessing you'd probably do something similar!

orangarnold