solo visit

Started by thehitpack, September 06, 2013, 08:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehitpack

Hi there i'm doing a backpack tour to paris and will be staying at a hotel there before going to the auberge de cheval blanc.

I last visited disney land as a child and would love to go again. I'm 27 i wouldnt consider going to any other park.

Does anyone think it would be a little odd for a guy to be on his own wandering around a park especially with loads of families around. I dont know if i could get anyone to go with me to paris so i might go on my own. What does everyone think about this idea? too sad? :)

Alexz

Cool with a backpack tour! I have always wanted to do that. I hope you'll have a fun time!

I certainly don't think it's sad to go alone. I would consider that if I couldn't get anyone to go with me. Now I'm lucky that I have a girlfriend that love Disney, so that is no problem for me though  :)

If you don't look and act like a creepy molesting type of guy I don't think it will be a problem with all the families, hehe.
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

DLRP Roundup!

I'd go alone :p

You'll be fine :)
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

bad-pink-tink

Go for it  :)

I've done a solo 3 day trip to Disneyland Paris, Im a girl though.  I stayed in Santa Fe hotel on my own and I had a brilliant time. I did have another solo trip planned for March this year which I had to cancel.  I wrote up some tips and hints for other solo travelers here https://forum.dlpguide.com/index.php?topic=15173.0 Solo Traveler Gives Advice About Travelling Alone .

My advice is don't worry about what others think. Even families split up and do their own thing, not everyone stays in a group all the time. As long as you are comfortable going on rides on your own , eating in restaurants on your own then you will be fine.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

thehitpack

wow thats awesome thanks. It will be a trip down memory lane there thats for sure.

GeoffD

Almost all my visits to DLP have been 'Tout seul' and have had probably better experiences alone. If you love taking it slow, and admiring details it's perfect, and it's still perfect when you're going from attraction to attraction; you can go at your own pace, choose your attractions.

Honestly, nobody bats an eyelid and more people than you think do it ;)

Have a great time :)

captain rocket

I agree with Town Square, I go to DLRP three times a year on average and my travelling companion, who is a male like me, does'nt always come with me. I last went on my own in April and am going again next month for Halloween, we will go together for the Xmas celebrations.
I have not had any problems whatsoever with anyone at  Disney and have never been treated as "unusual" Disney is not that sort of place!
I enjoy being on my own and going at my own pace, I love taking photographs and can indulge my passion more easily on my own.
The only time we have had any minor problem going to DLRP was with the British police at Ashford station who asked us a few questions and then wished us a happy trip!
Go and enjoy yourself

daddyof2

I can't think that anyone will really notice somebody being on their own, as they'll have their minds elsewhere (checking that the kids haven't disappeared/where to go next/what time is it/etc). Just enjoy that you'll only have to worry about yourself and that you can do only what you want when you want.

amanda08

I'm Jealous! I LOVE going to DLP with DS and DH, but secretly I hope at least once they will not want to go so I can go on my own. I just think being able to take things slow, do BTM over and over (and over and over) eat in Walts (neither of them like anything on the menu) and being able to stretch out in a big DLH double bed all by mself would be bliss :)

Go for it!

PrincessHi

I just came back from my first ever trip to DLP which was also my first ever proper solo holiday! I'm female but I'm 36 so it's not dissimilar. I had an absolute blast and I agree with the other posters who said that if you enjoy doing things at your own pace etc you'll be fine. Also as someone else said people don't really notice. The only time I was more aware of it was in reseraunts but the upside of that was that it was really easy to get a table even when they were busy :D

I say go for it!

GeoffD

Quote from: PrincessHi on September 08, 2013, 05:00:21 PM
The only time I was more aware of it was in reseraunts but the upside of that was that it was really easy to get a table even when they were busy :D

Very true, eating on your own isn't too fun. But I went to the Blue Lagoon on St. Patricks day when the park was quite busy. 'For one person'.  'Ok, I can get you in'.  Best meal I've had at Disneyland Paris.

BoristheSpider

I wouldn't be brave enough to go on my own, but definitely wouldn't bat an eyelid at seeing someone on their own.  For all anyone else knows your companions could be just around the corner! x

fiyero

I've been on my own several times (going again in January) and have a great time. I go off peak and have been known to loop Pirates of the Caribbean 5 times in a row as there was no queue and they were only loading half the boats! I have also done Tower of Terror 8 times in a day (though of all the many times I have gone I have only had the library in English a couple of times and the actual ride only once). I love the freedom, I have gone with friends and family before but there always have to be compromises!

Go for it!