New sign for Disney Village?

Started by captain rocket, August 02, 2013, 09:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain rocket

On my visit to DLRP this week I noticed the sign for Disney Village has been removed. Does anyone know what's going on?

ed-uk

I've heard tell on other forums that new entrance gates and railings are going up around the esplanade, and I assume that the gates at Disney Village are going to be replaced?
Ed & David

15MagicalYears

I can't remember if I read they are replacing the sign but I'm not sure it would make sense any more, what with the World of Disney store slightly out of the old Disney Village boundaries. Personally I don't think a sign is needed.

captain rocket

I don't agree, I think a sign would be nice, but as the only way in is now around the corner and it serves both parks as well as the village I would'nt be surprised if there is not a replacement. I can't understand what the planet shaped yellowish device is, any ideas on that

Kristof

Quote from: "captain rocket"I don't agree, I think a sign would be nice, but as the only way in is now around the corner and it serves both parks as well as the village I would'nt be surprised if there is not a replacement. I can't understand what the planet shaped yellowish device is, any ideas on that

That yellow ball used to be part of the original arch.

gemma2806

I agree with captain rocket I like having a sign there as it makes it a distinct area in itself. However as mentioned above you can no longer enter Disney Village underneath the sign due to the security gates and one way access. If they are going to keep security this way it would be nice if they made a new entrance gate with the sign for the Village.

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: "gemma2806"I agree with captain rocket I like having a sign there as it makes it a distinct area in itself. However as mentioned above you can no longer enter Disney Village underneath the sign due to the security gates and one way access. If they are going to keep security this way it would be nice if they made a new entrance gate with the sign for the Village.

I think the plan is more, hop off the bus/train/car and enter through one gate and your in "Disney" rather than having multiple security checks, same for walking from the hotels to the parks, one security check.

Not sure why the sign HAD to go but theres new entrance ways being installed as we type.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

gemma2806

Ooh I hope they're finished for my next trip as I'd like to see what is being put up there!