Bring back the Main Street Electrical Parade

Started by disneyismylifeok, July 18, 2013, 06:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

disneyismylifeok

with the 20th anniversay there has been a lack of shows and parades with substance like the good old days, i'm guessing because of all the budget went on dreams? I hope this changes, I'd love to see the main street electrical parade back!!! Classic and still such a spectacle! wdw have it atm!
Anyway does anybody know of anything that is due to come aftet the 20th anniversary?

DLRP Roundup!

I'd love this :D
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Thaliel

it would be too expensive actually, as either they keep the old lights, which need lots of power, or they would have to change all floats' lights to LEDs, which will also cost a lot due to there being so many
<-Plz click

Ravenseye

Yes, I doubt itll return so Im glad I have the memories of enjoying it at DLP.
Id love to see it at WDW tho. :D
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

spacemountainplatypi

I'd love to see it return, some of my favourite memories are watching it around winter time.
"From Time to Time" -Le Visionarium.

Hey, i'm also a D23 Gold Member.... SO THATS FUN!

________Past Trips____________
3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

Next Trip: September 2018.

DisneyManiac

I think you got the topic name wrong, isn't the Main Street Electrical Parade the American version? The actual name is Fantillusion.

EDIT: Just did some research, and it DID run from April 12th 1992 to March 23rd 2003. I have never seen this show due to me being with my foster parents who never took me to DLRP. So yes, I'm adopted!

mickeyspal

I'd love to see it return to DLP; it has always been a favourite of mine.
Oh help! I've got that insane tune stuck in my head again.

here's a photo of one of the floats; Pete's Dragon
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean

Thaliel

The Baroque Hoedown is actually my ringtome, that's how much I still love this parade. I am not sure, but isn't it still running in Tokyo?
<-Plz click

ed-uk

It's called The Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dream Lights, in Tokyo. It's an up dated version of the original Main Street Electrical Parade with some magnificent floats and the Baroque Hoedown.
I would love to see The Fantilusion Parade back on at DLP, my favourite parade, the music was fantastic, I liked it better than MSEP.
Ed & David

Magicpartytime

or the best is boths coming back ...... ?

Eletrical Parade in wds and fantillusion in disneyland Park.

how is this idea ?

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: "Magicpartytime"or the best is boths coming back ...... ?

Eletrical Parade in wds and fantillusion in disneyland Park.

how is this idea ?

We can dream, highly unlikely to have two parades at night going at once, especially so with Dreams.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

grovesie

The last time I was at DLR was August 2013. They were running Both Dreams and Fantilusion. Was one of the best end to a day you could get. Very sadliy missed now.  If Dreams is possibly going to be shown on selected evenings wouldnt it be nice if Fantilusion could  return on the other nights.

I'm Sure we all miss images like these below

DSC_7303 by grovesie.i, on Flickr

DSC_7288 by grovesie.i, on Flickr

DSC_7275 by grovesie.i, on Flickr

ed-uk

I can remember when I first saw Fantillusion 10 years ago it was so exiting and magical. Your pictures bring back some happy memories. One night last July it was pouring with heavy rain, I thought Disney would cancel the parade but not a bit of it, the music started up and slowly the parade made its way through Fantasyland and around Central Plaza where we were waiting for it. They obviously didn't want to disappoint people. I shall miss watching the parade go down Main Street and then rushing down the Arcade to see it at the end.
As good as Dreams is i hope the Electrical parade will renturn.
Ed & David

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

I would love to see "Main Street Electrical Parade" return to DLP, because I never got to see it in person!
On the other hand its always exciting to see something new. But as long as there is any kind of a nighttime parade I'm satisfied... which is not the case this summer. :( Of course there is "Dreams", and some might think it would be too much, but maybe they could create something new, that would tie in with the story of "Dreams". Just a thought!. :)
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014