What restaurants have you never eaten in?

Started by jeakat24, March 18, 2013, 09:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeakat24

My partner and I were talking today about the fact that we've never eaten in the Blue Lagoon restaurant. We've always wanted to but for one reason or another never have- so it got me thinking about which ones I have and haven't and wondered what yours were and if there's a reason why?

Here's mine:  

Disneyland Parc:

Table service: Blue Lagoon

Counter service: Caseys Corner (it's always too busy!) and Toad Hall (we don't feel like fish and chips)

Studios:

The only one we've not eaten at is the table service diner in backlot and thats only because it's never been open when we've been!

Disney Village:

BillyBobs. I always assumed it was a bar with a snack menu so never considered it. Earl of Sandwich has opened since we were last there.

The only others are the hotel restaurants.

So, what has everyone else never done?  :D
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

glenn

I can honestly say that i have eaten in every restaurant in dlp,including the four hotels where the exploers hotel is,but have never eaten in auberge de cindrillon ,why i don,t know

jeakat24

Quote from: "glenn"I can honestly say that i have eaten in every restaurant in dlp,including the four hotels where the exploers hotel is,but have never eaten in auberge de cindrillon ,why i don,t know

I've never eaten in Auberge de Cinderillon either which I forgot in my originial post. For me it's definitely the price!

I'd love to have tried them all- which one do you think is your favourite?
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

glenn

My favorite is king ludwigs ,i have never had a bad meal in there.To be honest i have only been disapointed with one restaraunt .

jeakat24

Quote from: "glenn"My favorite is king ludwigs ,i have never had a bad meal in there.To be honest i have only been disapointed with one restaraunt .

I've only eaten in King ludwigs once, but the food was delicious- which one were you disappointed with?
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

glenn

The rainforest,tried it twice but really didn,t like the food.

starlight-princess

I haven't eaten in:
Restaurant Hakuna Matata
Café Mickey
Hunters Lodge
Billy Bobs
Agrabah Café
Restaurant des Stars
Auberge de Cinderillon

I ate in the restaurant in the Santa Fe when we stayed there and was really disappointed. But I think we may have just caught it on a bad day.

On out trip in May we are going to Café Mickey and Auberge de Cinderillon. So I can check those two off the list :)
Even with all the fancy table service meals our families favourite is always Caseys Corner! We would seriously eat there every day x
Walt Disney World - 14 trips most recent October 2012.
Disneyland - 6 trips most recent May 2009.
Disneyland Paris - 19 trips most recent January 2013.
Hong Kong Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line and Tokyo Disney Resort still just a dream...

SwipatronSparks

theres still quite a few we have never been in before....

DL Park:
toad hall
silver spur
cowboy cookout
blue lagoon
agrabah (going here while on my next trip)
the steak house
billy bobs (going here too!)
the lucky nugget

studios
restaurant des stars

outside the parks
California grill
Manhattan restaurant
yacht club (have eaten in here for brekky)
cape cod
hunters grill
beavers creek tavern (though i have eaten in both for brekky)
chuck waggon
la cantina
crocketts tavern
rainforest cafe
planet hollywood
earl of sandwich

im sure theres some of the quick service ones i haven't been in either but i cant remember....
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

WesternMouse

I haven't eaten in any of them. They're all too darn expensive.

paterdave2

Quote from: "WesternMouse"I haven't eaten in any of them. They're all too darn expensive.

So tell me where do you eat or are you not eating at all when you are there
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

never2old

Hmmm interesting question!

In Disneyland, I've never eaten in:
- Market House Deli - no particular reason, othen than maybe long queues
- Fuente del Oro - again queues have put me off in the past.
- Last Chance Cafe - closed quite often

I've only eaten once in the Auberge de Cendrillon, and it was back when it was  a normal table service restaurant without the princesses. Also for the Pizza Planet, only once and before it changed to the buffet place.

In the Studios:
- Blockbuster Cafe - just doesn't appeal to me
- Cafe des Cascadeurs - I'm dying to try it out but it's always closed!!

In the Village
- Earl of Sandwhich
- Billy Bob's (neither downstairs at the bar or the buffet upstairs)
- New York Style Sandwhiches
- Sports Bar

The problem with the Village is that we love the Steakhouse, we love Starbucks, and we quite like King Ludwig's, so we always end up going to one of those (and Cafe Mickey for the characters). Actually, similar problem with the restaurants in the parks. There's quite a few we really like (Walt's, Agrahah, Blue Lagoon...) so every time we go we try eating there... We need to go more often to be able to try all the others!

In the hotels we've never tried Manhattan's in the HNY (never open when we wanted to go), and since we've never stayed in the Cheyenne we haven't tried their restaurant either.

pialykke

Well... As we have only ever been once, in March 2012, it is easier for me to say, which ones we HAVE eaten in...

We had lunch at Cowboy Cookout Barbeque - when they still had character dining! There was plenty of food, our 2 boys could have easily just shared a menu instead of getting one each. The burgers were huge, and the chili con carne was lovely. The cakes for dessert were so-so (but then I'm fussy with my cakes...   ;)  )

We had dinner one day at Au Chalet de la Marionette, just after the parade, so it was pretty much empty... Again plenty of food, and the boys (4½ and 6) loved the decor in there.

We had a Croque-Monsieur from the Market House Deli. We managed to get a table inside as it was pretty cold that day. It's a nice little place, but will probably not be going there again. The food was alright for a quick snack.

We had sandwiches from Earl of Sandwich 3 times while we were there I think. It has a great variety, and the fact that they are hot is always a plus. The boys really loved it too, getting to choose exactly what kind they wanted. And at their age, they could easily just share one for lunch. (They have never been big eaters - hence why the other menus was too much for them). Will definitely be going there again next time!

We also had breakfast one day at Café Mickey... That was fantastic! We will definitely be doing that again next time! We stayed at Santa Fe, so had breakfast there every day except for this day. It was nice to be able to have eggs, sausages, bacon etc. for breakfast too. And the little yoghurts were a big hit with the boys.

We were planning to have eaten at: Toad Hall Restaurant, Pizzaria Bella Notte, Pizza Planet and Restaurant des Stars, but they were all closed when we were there...  :(
I wish there was somewhere that you could look up which restaurants are open and shut at any given time (like you can with the rides). Also, what I really want is openingtimes!!

We are planning to go back in April 2014, to stay at Sequoia Lodge (4 nights 5 days). We will be looking to get a full board offer included in the price.
So we are planning to eat at the following restaurants (providing they are all open...):

Café Mickey (character breakfast, and a dinner).
Walt's American Restaurant (Lunch).
Plaza Gardens (Dinner).
Restaurant des Stars (Lunch).
Silver Spur Steakhouse (Dinner).
Annette's Diner (Dinner).
And then possibly Toad Hall and Pizza Planet for lunch, if they're open, if not, then probably Earl of Sandwich.

If you have any other suggestions - dos and don'ts - please let me know... I have had a really good look at the menus, but as other people have metioned - they aren't always recently updated...

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

WesternMouse

Quote from: "paterdave2"
Quote from: "WesternMouse"I haven't eaten in any of them. They're all too darn expensive.

So tell me where do you eat or are you not eating at all when you are there

That's pretty close. I have two kids with a food allergy to wheat. Given that I don't speak French, I'm pretty much screwed. Cross-contamination abounds in Europe. I have noticed that RF Cafe and PH have gluten free menus, but dang, it cost my family $150 to eat there. I just can't bring myself to do it.

I take the poor man's route. We drive to DLP and stay at the DC Ranch or a rental in "the circle". We haul food with us and cook our meals. We bring our snacks and lunches with us into the park. This way, we save money and don't have to deal with the food allergy issue. We have eaten at McDonald's a couple of times, but it's not a common thing. I hate spending $40 on a dinner that would cost me $15 in the US. I'd rather skip meals and feed my wife and kids only. The diet doesn't hurt me a bit. We've eaten at Del Arte in the big mall. I love that place. Even then, I have to pantomime that I need to feed my kids Mickey D hamburgers in their restaurant. It's really awkward as you can imagine. I have a French gluten free restaurant card that explains what I need, but Del Arte can't help us out. That's when i have to explain the McDonald's thing. It's really stressful and better if we just avoid it altogether by cooking ourselves.

In the States, we can easily work around the problem. Disneyland is very easy to work with and goes out of the way to be helpful. I love the restaurants there and would eat there any time without hesitation. We still try to live on a budget there, so we may only eat at the park once a day while eating breakfast in the room and taking a lunch or dinner depending on the meal we choose to eat in the park.

Samninetysix

Friends of mine have a daughter with severe coeliac disease, they go to DLP regularly and have been with us a few times. We have eaten at café agrabah as well as other places and at McD's, they have taken gluten free buns and the staff have made burgers up using those. As far as I'm aware they haven't yet had a problem with diet. I wouldn't really have said that cross contamination abounds in Europe, being close to my friends and family, we've been to several different European countries and not really had problems in any of them, having said that we may have been lucky.

I can't think of many places where I could buy a meal for a family of 4 in DLP for $40!!!, that equates to about £25.

We quite often stay at DC, it's probably our favourite "hotel" at DLP but that has taken a turn for the worse since the food at Crocketts Tavern has gone crappy and the inclusive breakfast as minimal as it was has been removed.