EuroDisney 1992 Photo Report

Started by MizzRabbit, August 17, 2008, 12:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinniesBestPal

AWW! You look so cute as a little girl! Those photos are adorable! I first went when I was 3 in 1997!

MinnieMouse

Thank you for sharing us these nice pics. I love to see old photos from Eurodisney Resort Paris (and I like the old name, too).

When I look into my old photobook from the years 1992, 1993 etc, I feel very nostalgic  :D

Alexandra

Pete's Dragon

Sadly for me, the first time I got to DLRP was 2004, so I missed all the little things that have been and gone during the first 12 years :(

In fact, the only time I saw EuroDisney was that really poor TV special hosted by everyone's favourite FunHouser Pat Sharp, to celebrate the opening. And that was mainly ice-skating at HNY at night.

( great, I've got the theme music to Fun House stuck in my head...    " Fun House. Whole lotta fun. Use you body and your brain, if you wanna win the game......"

bigrossco

thats good pics you have got and how so much of it has changed!

Now you jsut need pics side-by-side of then and now :D
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

MizzRabbit

Thanks all! I'm glad you like them! I think I'll do a 1993 report as well then. The park that year was magnificent and Lion King themed. I got to meat loads of characters as well. I'll look into it soon.

QuoteNow you jsut need pics side-by-side of then and now

And yes! I'll do that when I have more time. At the moment I'm swamped in work and school starts in two weeks. But soon! :D

My Disneypics gallery]http://public.fotki.com/MizzRabbit/[/url]
Use password]

Riebi

Really great pics!!!! Thanks for sharing!

My first visit was in 1993 so you was one year earlier  :mrgreen:  Lucky girl!

It´s always nice to see some older pics. The most interesting point for me is how small all the plants were in this days (yes mizzrabbit you were also small :mrgreen:  me too :mrgreen: ) But isn´t it great to see how fast the plants "grown up". It´s a bit as seeing the resort growing by seeing the plants!

QuoteIn the Bazaar there were merchants that made wooden boxes, brass plates and woven persian rugs, all for sale. Hakuna Matata was known by another name, and would serve African cuisine, and where one can now buy Pizza's, it used to be a table service restaurants with a cast of different characters and parrots that would interact with the guests in The Explorer's Club (also sold chinese for a short time before it became Col. Hathi's).

That´s also a main thing that I miss. This bazaar was sooooo cool to stroll around look the craftmansworks etc.

But I must say the last 2 years seems to be a the light at the end of the tunnel. As the years between 1999 and 2005/2006 seems to be a bit darker. Now I see again the old "plants" (to be in this picture) sprout. The marchin band is bag, the dixiland combo, I saw even the piano player once at my trip last year. we have again little entertainment on the street and even alice gets finally a refurb.
So now give the shops again their diffrent offers and I´m nearly back in 1993  :mrgreen:  =D>

And for the 1993 I´m looking foward MizzRabbit! Maybe I post some pics from my trip in this report then too :D

Again thanks for posting =D>
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Clarebelle

Between us all, we can probably document every year in the history of EuroDisney/Dlrp!  :D

Did anyone find out about the phantom show?
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

Aveen2008

aw wow the place looks so weird in the old photos but it's brilliant to see it! Thanks for posting them!! There wasnt as many trees hehe,they hadnt grown by then! You look so cute in your wee minnie dress! Ur so lucky, I bet your friends were really jealous hehe! :D

Aveen xxx
Luv Aveen xoxo

MizzRabbit

QuoteYou look so cute in your wee minnie dress! Ur so lucky, I bet your friends were really jealous hehe!  

Yeah, they were green with envy. Non of them got to go but I did three years in a row. I just discovered that today. Turns out we went in 1992, 1993 and 1994. My mom's been going through old papers and stuff and she actually found a EuroDisney showguide. She's looking for more so hopefully I'll be able to add even more fun stuff to this post. :D

Use password]

Patrick

Quote from: "Clarebelle"Between us all, we can probably document every year in the history of EuroDisney/Dlrp!  :D

Yes that show was called C'est Magique and was performed between 1992 and I think 1996.  It basically took the guests on a tour through EuroDisney resort, with characters representing each land and even the hotels from the resort.  I even think Chip n' Dale represented Golf Disney at some point :lol: .

Clarebelle

Awwww cool!! wish they would bring it back for a while, it would be interesting to see

MizzRabbit

Quote from: "Patrick"
Quote from: "Clarebelle"Between us all, we can probably document every year in the history of EuroDisney/Dlrp!  :D

Yes that show was called C'est Magique and was performed between 1992 and I think 1996.  It basically took the guests on a tour through EuroDisney resort, with characters representing each land and even the hotels from the resort.  I even think Chip n' Dale represented Golf Disney at some point :lol: .

Pat, would you happen to have a link to the photos or maybe a video if it? I'd love to see it again and refresh my memory. I know it's buried in there somewhere. :D

Use password]

Patrick

A video found on youtube from when it was performed in Videopolis

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

pussinboots

Thank you so much for taking the time to scan those. So much visual information! And there's nothing wrong with your perm and early '90s sweater (compared to some people's style decisions circa then).

If only the park still looked that well-painted (although everything was actually new then). And if only the counter service food choices were half as good...

Clarebelle

Quote from: "Patrick"A video found on youtube from when it was performed in Videopolis

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

oooo that vid is great! and I just found the Opening of EuroDisney on ITV, that will keep me amuzed for hours!!!